Windows 10: Windows 10 reinstall can't type on login screen during install, can type in command prompt...

Discus and support Windows 10 reinstall can't type on login screen during install, can type in command prompt... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My friend decided to do a fresh install of his windows 10, he had some issue with his ram as one of his cards wasn't working. he set everything back up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BRAD67676, Jan 16, 2021.

1. BRAD67676 Win User

Windows 10 reinstall can't type on login screen during install, can type in command prompt...

My friend decided to do a fresh install of his windows 10, he had some issue with his ram as one of his cards wasn't working. he set everything back up finally made it through the install program and was confronted with a log in screen. He cant type in the boxes. he can type in command prompt. retrying the install causes it to fail and he can type in the cmd prompt. he doesn't have filter keys turned on either. we are all baffled and do not know what else to suggest.

:)

BRAD67676, Jan 16, 2021

2. Windows updates won't install!

Thank you very much! This did the trick:

Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
    b. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    net stop wuauserv

2. Register the Wups2.dll file. To do this, follow these steps:
    a. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    regsvr32 %windir%\system32\wups2.dll
    b. Click OK on each verification message that you receive.

3. Type the following command at the command prompt, and then press ENTER:
    net start wuauserv
    4. Exit the command prompt. To do this type exit, and then press ENTER.

If possible I'd give you many more thanks not just one! I love you! *Big Grin Windows 10 reinstall can't type on login screen during install, can type in command prompt... :D

Black Panther, Jan 16, 2021
  3. No login prompt at login screen

Post #8 “I can login to the computer after restart, but every locking after it causes the problem.”

http://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/...-computer.html
    Check Way 3: Lock computer in Screen Saver Settings.
    Step 1: Type lock computer in the search box on taskbar and choose Lock the computer when I leave it alone for a period of time.
    Step 2: In the Screen Saver Settings dialog, choose On resume, display logon screen and hit OK.
    Is “On resume, display log on screen” checked?

Windows 10 reinstall can't type on login screen during install, can type in command prompt... [​IMG]

MeAndMyComputer, Jan 16, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Windows 10 reinstall can't type on login screen during install, can type in command prompt...

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Thema:

1. Windows 10 reinstall can't type on login screen during install, can type in command prompt... - Similar Threads - reinstall can't type

2. Command Prompt - Unable to type while running batch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt - Unable to type while running batch: While I am running a batch in Command Prompt, it dosen't let me type when it asks me a question and I answer Y or N. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  3. Command Prompt - Unable to type while running batch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command Prompt - Unable to type while running batch: While I am running a batch in Command Prompt, it dosen't let me type when it asks me a question and I answer Y or N. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  4. can not type password at login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can not type password at login: Since a recent update not all keys work on my keyboard so I can not type my log in password. A and e show as á and é and certain keys like m don't work at all. The language settings show ENG US & UK but switching makes no difference. I can not click on the power button on log...
  5. can't type inside Microsoft command prompt boxes, Windows 10 deactivated! and I can't find...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    can't type inside Microsoft command prompt boxes, Windows 10 deactivated! and I can't find...: Almost 2 yrs ago I gave up on using my POS HP laptop due to it suddenly, inexplicably, deactivated Windows 10. I CAN use google or other browsers, even the Microsoft browser to a limited extent, but when I try to use ME to get help, I end up with boxes popping up asking me...
  6. Typed something in command prompt

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Typed something in command prompt: I'm not an expert at command prompt but when I went to scan for corrupted files, I typed in sfc - scannow , not / It didn't do anything but I am really paranoid, this wouldn't have done anything right, like that command has no function? Am I correct? submitted by...
  7. I want to know the different types of commands which can be used in command prompt to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I want to know the different types of commands which can be used in command prompt to...: I want to know the different types of commands which can be used in command prompt to resolve issues in windows 10 pc. Now at this moment I don't have any problem with my pc, but what if some problem arises, I can just try to resolve it by myself right? That's why I need the...
  8. Command prompt not working during windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Command prompt not working during windows 10 installation: Hello, I am trying to install windows 10 on new computer and receive the error : "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI system, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks." The solution is to convert MBR disk to GPT...
  9. can't type my password on login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't type my password on login screen: Good Morning, I have windows 10 home all in one pc. I have attached wireless keyboard and mouse with it. when I try to type my password it says not available. I have to press Fn and space bar many times after that I can type my password. done system restore to previous...
  10. Command Prompt at login screen - Open in Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Command Prompt at login screen - Open in Windows 10: Hello, I am using windows 10 but I forgot my login password. I need to open the Command Prompt but I don't have any bootable file to repair. Is there any key/short key that will open Command Prompt when my pc is locked and without repairing from boot. Like - f2,...