Windows 10: Windows 10 reinstall from DVD failed - stops at blue Windows logo

Discus and support Windows 10 reinstall from DVD failed - stops at blue Windows logo in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to reinstall Windows from a DVD from the Media Creation Tool. I can boot from the DVD but then I just get the blue Windows logo for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by buttercup2453, May 27, 2019.

1. Windows 10 reinstall from DVD failed - stops at blue Windows logo

I am trying to reinstall Windows from a DVD from the Media Creation Tool. I can boot from the DVD but then I just get the blue Windows logo for a minute and the screen goes to black. Any suggestions on what I can do?

:)

buttercup2453, May 27, 2019

2. Installation Hangs at Blue Windows Logo, Error Code C1900101-20017

The BIOS update suggestion posted above by @Jegler helped me, @guhanath. I was on version 1.10 and updated to 1.90. The steps I took after that were just doing the official Windows 10 upgrade procedure.

Then the Windows 10 installation went without a hitch, and I'm no longer on Windows 7. I'm going to consider this solved, thank you @Jelger for the suggestion to update the BIOS!

KingDecimator, May 27, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Watching DVD Movies on Windows 10 (or not)

I doubt a huge deal to most, but I hate it when they do that! *Shadedshun :shadedshu:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/25/t...h/watching-dvd-movies-on-windows-10.html?_r=0

Sasqui, May 27, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 reinstall from DVD failed - stops at blue Windows logo

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 reinstall from DVD failed - stops at blue Windows logo

1. Windows 10 reinstall from DVD failed - stops at blue Windows logo - Similar Threads - reinstall DVD failed

2. Failed to reinstall windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to reinstall windows 10: I have blue sreen critical process died tried to reinstall windows 10 several times but it always fail when it reach between 30-50%Following advices of friends tied to fix this by going to system restore and/or command prompt but was faced by the problem to enter password for...
  3. Failed to reinstall windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed to reinstall windows 10: I have blue sreen critical process died tried to reinstall windows 10 several times but it always fail when it reach between 30-50%Following advices of friends tied to fix this by going to system restore and/or command prompt but was faced by the problem to enter password for...
  4. Install windows 10 onto a bootable Blue Ray or DVD disk not from a Blue Ray or DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install windows 10 onto a bootable Blue Ray or DVD disk not from a Blue Ray or DVD: Hi, I want to boot into windows 10 from a Blue Ray or DVD, not a Hard Drive. How can I install windows 10 OS on an optical disk and have it boot as if it was a hard drive? When I search, I get volumes on how to install to a hard drive from an optical disk, but nothing...
  5. windows 10 install from usb freezes on the blue logo

windows 10 install from usb freezes on the blue logo: Hi, I bout a new computer never had an OS installed on it. I used the windows media creator to create an installer on a USB 64 bit, and after that I tried installing it on my new computer. I opened my BIOS change it so it will boot from the USB, and then "saved & exit"...
  6. Win 10 failing to boot - stuck on blue logo

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 failing to boot - stuck on blue logo: Hey so recently I installed a second HDD in my win 10 pc under the E: drive. Ever since I did that my pc will get stuck while trying to boot and I have to force restart it, then it will boot fine. I tried to boot into the UEFI options but it doesn't show, and if I try to go...
  7. Want to reinstall windows from recovery dvd

Want to reinstall windows from recovery dvd: A few of my windows files were corrupted and could not be repaired with command prompt. i decided to eeset my computer but now i was all my hardware component drivers. Is there anyway to get my hard drive to be wiped completely so i can boot from this recovery disc?...
  8. windows 10 reinstall fail

windows 10 reinstall fail: I have had to reinstall windows 7 pro because windows 10 crashed and would not run. now when I try to reinstall wndows 10 it keeps faiing .Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-reinstall-fail/06ae4723-bbd3-46a1-bb57-1db9ddfc194c
  9. 1809 update fails booted from USB or DVD logo no dots

1809 update fails booted from USB or DVD logo no dots: I have a Lenovo T60 running Win10 1803 and am trying to update to 1809. The T60 runs W10 x86 (32bit) 1803 at 2Ghz with 3G of memory on a Intel 256 Gb SSD (OVER A 100gB fREE). I have tried mounting the 1809 update on a USB and the SSD. They Fail with 0xC1900101 0x20017 with...
  10. Reinstall Windows 10 from DVD but no DVD drive

Reinstall Windows 10 from DVD but no DVD drive: Hi I inadvertently set my new laptop with 256 Mb SSD to sync with my OneDrive of 1 Tb. My laptop synced until it ran out of storage and now when I try to boot up, I get Attempting to Repair, Diagnosing Problem, etc. etc. I have worked my way through every option to no...