Windows 10: Windows 10 reinstall from USB failed (preparing devices 57%)

Discus and support Windows 10 reinstall from USB failed (preparing devices 57%) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi - My computer had Windows 10 and I was looking to do a clean install, but keeping files on Windows.old. I installed Windows 10 ISO on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hered()), Feb 20, 2019.

1. hered()) Win User

Windows 10 reinstall from USB failed (preparing devices 57%)

Hi -

My computer had Windows 10 and I was looking to do a clean install, but keeping files on Windows.old.

I installed Windows 10 ISO on a pendrive, booted it, chose custom install, chose the principal Windows partition, all went ok, it restarted, and when booting up again it said preparing services, etc. It stayed at preparing devices 57% for a while and went black, then restarted.

Now whenever I boot my PC, it tells me to choose between two OS (both in the same partition), and no matter which one I choose, it says "the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click OK to restart the computer, and then restart the installation".

If I try reinstalling again, what will happen to the files on Windows.old? Is it safe to try reinstalling again?

:)

hered()), Feb 20, 2019

2. unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) windows 10

Yup check all the info I just gave
    https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...equest-failed-windows-10.242937/#post-3822966

By the way @HUSKIE what Error Code and Code Number are you getting?

eidairaman1, Feb 20, 2019
  3. EdTittel Win User
    a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Tatty_One Win User

unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) windows 10

I had a similar issue that came with a significant Windows 10 update, I tried everything for about a week, I also had issues with a USB Printer not working too, in the end I found that an additional USB driver unrelated to my board was showing in Device Manager, I think it was a Marvell and I don't have any marvel ports, deleted it from Device manager, re-booted, all my problems went.

Tatty_One, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 reinstall from USB failed (preparing devices 57%) - Similar Threads - reinstall USB failed

2. Windows 10 Reinstall Stuck at “preparing”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Reinstall Stuck at “preparing”: I was doing a Local Reinstall and it is just stuck at preparing at 62%. It hasn’t even gone to the actual reset process, it is just on the screen right after you click reset on the desktop and it just says “preparing to reset”...
  3. Windows 10 Reinstall Stuck at “preparing”

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Reinstall Stuck at “preparing”: I was doing a Local Reinstall and it is just stuck at preparing at 62%. It hasn’t even gone to the actual reset process, it is just on the screen right after you click reset on the desktop and it just says “preparing to reset”...
  4. Reinstalling Windows 10 from usb

Reinstalling Windows 10 from usb: Hi, i have had made progress in trying to get Windows 10 reinstalled on my acer Aspire One Cloudbook 14 i tried to reset it but then it got stuck on the acer logo page, and came across this article as it seem the best thing to do the original article came from Dave m i...
  5. Reinstalling Windows 10 from USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstalling Windows 10 from USB: Hi to all, I’m desperately trying to reinstall Windows from USB on my Surface Laptop 3 but it appears all drivers are deactivated from the very beginning (language to install/time and currency/input screen) That would make sense but even the trackpad is not working. I...
  6. Windows reinstall from USB fails on reboot

Windows reinstall from USB fails on reboot: I tried to reinstall Windows 10 from an USB stick keeping the previously installed software. As soon as the installation process restarts the PC, the installer asks for the keyboard layout and after that the recovery screen is shown. Once the PC is restarted, the following...
  7. Windows 10 install stuck at 57% for over 8 hours, how to proceed reinstalling from USB drive?

Windows 10 install stuck at 57% for over 8 hours, how to proceed reinstalling from USB drive?: Hi, For several reasons, I decided to reinstall a fresh copy of Windows 10 on my laptop. I backed up all my files on external hard drives, made sure my copy of Windows 10 was activated and linked to my Microsoft account. I started the install before leaving for work last...
  8. Windows 10 Update Failed/Unable to Reinstall from USB Boot

Windows 10 Update Failed/Unable to Reinstall from USB Boot: After days of trying to fix update failure, access files/save them, and reset Windows from USB boot I'm at the "Where do you want to install Windows" screen. Windows Setup there is no option to install on partition 1 (OEM) , 2(Recovery) or 3(OS) each partition has error msg...
  9. Windows 10 install (upgrade) fails @ 57%

Windows 10 install (upgrade) fails @ 57%: I have tried various ways to cure this and 5 agents via the chat have also failed (each taking remote control of my PC) I was however totally unimpressed with their expertise, they all made attempts that I had made myself. I am running 1803 and the windows update tells me I...
  10. Windows 10 reset from USB fails at 57%

Windows 10 reset from USB fails at 57%: I'm attempting to help my son reset his HP Envy laptop to reset his Windows 10 so he can re-purpose the machine to use at work. The laptop was purchased with Win8 and was then upgraded to Win10. We created a Win10 USB recovery drive and then tried to execute a full reset on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface 3 reset fails at 57%