Windows 10: Windows 10 reinstall from USB flash drive

Discus and support Windows 10 reinstall from USB flash drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I used the creation tool to make the USB successfully. I set the Laptop to boot from USB. The process took approximately 8 hours and shut down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EdwinDevey1, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 reinstall from USB flash drive

Hi,

I used the creation tool to make the USB successfully.

I set the Laptop to boot from USB.

The process took approximately 8 hours and shut down at the end of it. I did not see if there was any message at completion

My question; Should I now remove the USB and try to start normally? I am concerned that the machine might still be set to boot from USB so should I leave the drive in place or remove it before starting?

:)

EdwinDevey1, Aug 25, 2020
  2. regism Win User

How to create Windows 10 system image on a usb flash drive

Thanks Maria:

I made a system image on a USB flash drive using the tools available in Windows 10. I want to make this image bootable so that I can reinstall it on my computer from the same USB flash drive. Can I do this using the method you have suggested?

If not, can you or anyone else tell me how to do this?

Thanks again,

Regis

regism, Aug 25, 2020
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Aug 25, 2020
  4. Windows 10 reinstall from USB flash drive

Reinstall Windows 10 using a USB Flash Drive

Hi Samuel,

There are several ways to reinstall Windows 10 on your computer. However, if you replaced your motherboard,
    even with the same brand and model, it may no longer be activated. With this, you need to
    run the Activation troubleshooter after reinstalling Windows 10.

Before you run the troubleshooter, we suggest downloading the Windows 10 media creation tool by clicking the
    Download tool now button in this
    article
    . You can find the steps on how to create the Windows 10 installation media using a
    USB flash drive.

After the installation, follow the steps in this
    article
    to activate your Windows 10.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 reinstall from USB flash drive

1. Windows 10 reinstall from USB flash drive - Similar Threads - reinstall USB flash

2. Reinstalling Windows 10 from a USB drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Windows 10 from a USB drive: My computer is stuck in an automatic repair loop, and I’ve been trying everything to get it fixed. I installed the media creation tool onto a USB drive with 32gb of storage and I can’t figure out how to use it to do a fresh Windows 10 install. I can’t get past the blue...
  3. Reinstalling Windows 10 from a USB drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Windows 10 from a USB drive: My computer is stuck in an automatic repair loop, and I’ve been trying everything to get it fixed. I installed the media creation tool onto a USB drive with 32gb of storage and I can’t figure out how to use it to do a fresh Windows 10 install. I can’t get past the blue...
  4. Reinstalling Windows 10 from a USB drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 reinstall from USB flash drive incomplete. Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 reinstall from USB flash drive incomplete. Why?: In preparation for selling or giving away an old 15" HP Notebook I followed the steps at this link to perform a factory reset of Windows 10 Home.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDxV2gium5YIt's a decent video about how to perform a factory reset.Earlier I tried a tried a...
  6. Windows 10 reinstall from USB flash drive incomplete. Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 reinstall from USB flash drive incomplete. Why?: In preparation for selling or giving away an old 15" HP Notebook I followed the steps at this link to perform a factory reset of Windows 10 Home.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDxV2gium5YIt's a decent video about how to perform a factory reset.Earlier I tried a tried a...
  7. Windows 10 reinstall from USB flash drive incomplete. Why?

8. Can’t reinstall windows 10 from a flash drive

Can’t reinstall windows 10 from a flash drive: I have had problems for ages with my PC taking 10-15 minutes to startup. Decided it was time to start again. Created a USB pen using media creation tool. Goes through the installing files, then says PC needs to restart, at this point I removed the flash drive, to stop it...
  9. Windows 10 USB Flash Drive

Windows 10 USB Flash Drive: What should I do if I accidentally wipe my MCT created USB flash drive containing the installation files with diskpart clean command and I don't have another PC handy to redownload the MCT? Do I need to call a repair shop? 130937
  10. After using the USB Flash Drive to reinstall Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    After using the USB Flash Drive to reinstall Windows 10: After I used the USB flash drive to reinstall the Windows 10, my startup disk became the disk that I choose when I use the flash drive which was D', the previous startup disk was SSD and now become E'. So how can I set the SSD as the startup disk?...