Windows 10: Windows 10 Reinstall Key

Discus and support Windows 10 Reinstall Key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am reinstalling Win-10 on an old desktop. Original Win-10 was from Microsoft and i do not recall using a key. This reinstall does not give me the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DarkfellowHawk, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Reinstall Key

I am reinstalling Win-10 on an old desktop. Original Win-10 was from Microsoft and i do not recall using a key. This reinstall does not give me the option to skip the Key input section. What are my choices?

:)

DarkfellowHawk, Oct 25, 2020

2. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Oct 25, 2020
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Reinstall Key

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Your ild keys should work but if you registered the key to your online ms persona (email address) it should be tied to your account , install without a key login with your credentials , then activate.

theoneandonlymrk, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Reinstall Key

1. Windows 10 Reinstall Key - Similar Threads - Reinstall Key

2. Can't find Bitlocker recovery key, reset computer or reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find Bitlocker recovery key, reset computer or reinstall windows: Hello,My daughter went to open her Lenovo school laptop this morning and there was a blue screen asking to enter the BitLocker recovery key. I tried following online instructions to get the recovery key to no avail. Her personal school outlook account says "no devices linked...
  3. Can't find Bitlocker recovery key, reset computer or reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find Bitlocker recovery key, reset computer or reinstall windows: Hello,My daughter went to open her Lenovo school laptop this morning and there was a blue screen asking to enter the BitLocker recovery key. I tried following online instructions to get the recovery key to no avail. Her personal school outlook account says "no devices linked...
  4. I got a new motherboard and i had to reinstall windows as well. Now my old product key...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I got a new motherboard and i had to reinstall windows as well. Now my old product key...: Cannot activate windows because my product key is not working. Could i maybe get a new product key? i got receipts and everything that shows that i got a new motherboard, so it maybe interfered with my product key. Also i might've been in another microsoft account before i...
  5. I got a new motherboard and i had to reinstall windows as well. Now my old product key...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got a new motherboard and i had to reinstall windows as well. Now my old product key...: Cannot activate windows because my product key is not working. Could i maybe get a new product key? i got receipts and everything that shows that i got a new motherboard, so it maybe interfered with my product key. Also i might've been in another microsoft account before i...
  6. I got a new motherboard and i had to reinstall windows as well. Now my old product key...

7. I removed motherboard and had to reinstall windows, now the product key is not valid...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I removed motherboard and had to reinstall windows, now the product key is not valid...: I removed motherboard and had to reinstall windows, now the product key is not valid anymore and I cannot set updates and desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-removed-motherboard-and-had-to-reinstall-windows/fde867b3-9688-4a04-b277-800eb2710d33
  8. I removed motherboard and had to reinstall windows, now the product key is not valid...

I removed motherboard and had to reinstall windows, now the product key is not valid...: I removed motherboard and had to reinstall windows, now the product key is not valid anymore and I cannot set updates and desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-removed-motherboard-and-had-to-reinstall-windows/fde867b3-9688-4a04-b277-800eb2710d33
  9. I removed motherboard and had to reinstall windows, now the product key is not valid...

10. I have my windows 10 Home product key. Where do I put it without reinstalling windows again?

I have my windows 10 Home product key. Where do I put it without reinstalling windows again?: I have my windows 10 Home product key. Where do I put it without reinstalling windows again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-my-windows-10-home-product-key-where-do-i/fc184ad4-1015-42b0-8adc-c39d27f66a49