Windows 10: Windows 10 ReINSTALL problems after a crash and no more able to boot even with F2 Set-Up.

Discus and support Windows 10 ReINSTALL problems after a crash and no more able to boot even with F2 Set-Up. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On a Acer Aspire 5749Z with Windows 10 updated from Windows 7 some years ago, recently I have problems with Windows update not completed. So, I decide... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JLL_Win, Mar 20, 2020.

1. JLL_Win Win User

Windows 10 ReINSTALL problems after a crash and no more able to boot even with F2 Set-Up.

On a Acer Aspire 5749Z with Windows 10 updated from Windows 7 some years ago, recently I have problems with Windows update not completed. So, I decide to try to repair my Windows update with a software that only use Windows Updates. Unfortunately and disastreouly, after 9 to 10 hours running, my laptop were no more able to boot! Disaster.
    I try to restore my Windows 10 with a Back-Up Windows 10 Installation USB key booting with F2 Set-Up Window 10 ver 1703 15063296 May 21 2017, putting priority boot on the USB key. Unfortunaley, it was not working. I got the message « LogonUI.exe ».

After some trials, I realized I could access to the Back-Up USB from the Command Prompt.

I launched manually the Set-Up.exe and got the message Autorun.dll not working. Set-up error Code 0xC1.

I make a directory change to \Sources and lauched manually Set-Up.exe directly in this directory and It worked until Windows asked me a Key Validation code that I was not having yesterday since it is a pre-instslled Windows version.

I finally found it under my computer. Today, I redo the same thing with running Set-Up.exe, the system begin the installation and suddenly cease the installation not going to asking the Validation code like yesterday and going back to the directory with no error code, any, the neant.

My question now: How can I reset the system so the Windows Installation process continue until the Validation Code, so the Recovery Process of Windos begin.

A long story, thanks for your patience.

I thank you very much in advance.

JLL_Win

:)

JLL_Win, Mar 20, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

windows 10 boot problems

I had windows 10 installed on my old laptop, I also had a boot problem, but my HDD just stopped spinning and I was unable to load windows.
    It still had the Asus factory recovery partition which I used to reinstall windows 7.
    I found out that my HDD was fine in windows 7, nothing wrong with it, staying with windows 7 SP1 on this laptop and I stay with windows 8.1 on my main laptop.
    No windows 10 for me!

P4-630, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 ReINSTALL problems after a crash and no more able to boot even with F2 Set-Up.

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 ReINSTALL problems after a crash and no more able to boot even with F2 Set-Up. - Similar Threads - ReINSTALL problems crash

2. Will reinstalling windows 10 create more problems?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will reinstalling windows 10 create more problems?: Windows 10 Home Edition on Dell Alienware LaptopIt's a long story but the problems started when half of my system 32 files got deleted. I got the bluescreen troubleshooter and was able to restore my laptop to a point from a few months ago. The problem is now pretty much all...
  3. Will reinstalling windows 10 create more problems?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will reinstalling windows 10 create more problems?: Windows 10 Home Edition on Dell Alienware LaptopIt's a long story but the problems started when half of my system 32 files got deleted. I got the bluescreen troubleshooter and was able to restore my laptop to a point from a few months ago. The problem is now pretty much all...
  4. Will reinstalling windows 10 create more problems?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Windows 10/11 freezes on boot even after reinstallation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10/11 freezes on boot even after reinstallation.: I have a Ryzen 5 3500U with 32G of ram and no matter how much I reinstall windows, tried both versions it freezes on boot. I'm currently running Manjaro and I've tried many other Linux distributions which work perfectly, but windows seems to always freeze no matter how much I...
  6. Windows 10/11 freezes on boot even after reinstallation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/11 freezes on boot even after reinstallation.: I have a Ryzen 5 3500U with 32G of ram and no matter how much I reinstall windows, tried both versions it freezes on boot. I'm currently running Manjaro and I've tried many other Linux distributions which work perfectly, but windows seems to always freeze no matter how much I...
  7. Windows 10/11 freezes on boot even after reinstallation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Winows 10 not booting just blinking curso and not able even reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Winows 10 not booting just blinking curso and not able even reinstall windows: Hello, I have old laptop Satelite Pro !140 with some old cpu of my father to fix and there is just blinking cursor when booting. I had idea to try usb stick with windows installation files to try repair the issue but when I tried to boot from it, it showed blue screen of...
  9. Windows not booting up after reinstall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not booting up after reinstall: I have a dell laptop (about 4-6yrs old) and I had to reinstall windows 10 via a bootable usb. In the setup it showed my 1TB harddrive and installed it. Now the issue is that it doesn't start up after the whole setup thing where it asks for your name and other settings. It's...
  10. Boot Problem After Clean Reinstallation Of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Problem After Clean Reinstallation Of Windows 10: Hi, I have just sold my pc to a friend. The original operating system was Windows 10 (a free upgrade from Windows 7). In preparation for the sale, I chose the formatting option (everything cleaned from the hard drive) and downloaded and installed a clean reinstall of Windows...