Windows 10: Windows 10 reinstall; Stuck at prompt to enter your Cisco email

Discus and support Windows 10 reinstall; Stuck at prompt to enter your Cisco email in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, Here is what is going on:1. My Lenovo laptop motherboard die and they replaced it for me.2. This required a system restore.3. While Windows 10 is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by John__I, Feb 18, 2022.

1. John__I Win User

Windows 10 reinstall; Stuck at prompt to enter your Cisco email

Hi, Here is what is going on:1. My Lenovo laptop motherboard die and they replaced it for me.2. This required a system restore.3. While Windows 10 is installing I get a screen labelled: "Welcome to Cisco" This is where I'm stuckSo, it reads "enter your Cisco email" I didn't have one so I went to dataadvisor.com as indicated under the text that read "Need help?"I created a cisco account, but when I enter the associated email address and click on "next" button. I get a message "We didn't find that email address in you organization. Use another email address or contact your administr

:)

John__I, Feb 18, 2022
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Feb 18, 2022
  3. Upgrading cpu and mother without reinstalling windows 10

in most cases you can do exactly what you are trying to do by taking the os drive and plugging it into the new system and booting in safe mode. once in safe mode open a command prompt as administrator and type "set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1" hit enter. then type "start devmgmt.msc" hit enter again and device manager should open up. after that click the "view" tab and select "show hidden devices". then you just expand each list and unistall all the drivers that are slightly transparent. once you are all done go ahead and reboot the system and install all the new drivers. in most cases this is enough and does not need anything more done.

edit: just boot the os into safe mode the first time and let it install drivers then reboot and fallow the steps i listed above. back with windows vista and earlier windows versions this would be problematic but sense 7 ive found that swapping boards from different manufacturers and even amd to intel has become mostly doable. ive done it a handfull of times.

Final_Fighter, Feb 18, 2022
  4. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Windows 10 reinstall; Stuck at prompt to enter your Cisco email :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Feb 18, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10 reinstall; Stuck at prompt to enter your Cisco email - Similar Threads - reinstall Stuck prompt

2. enter your philips email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    enter your philips email: they say that i should enter my philips email but i dont have a philips email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enter-your-philips-email/7f1b1e44-3b79-471a-9100-d256f6bceb46
  3. enter your philips email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    enter your philips email: they say that i should enter my philips email but i dont have a philips email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enter-your-philips-email/7f1b1e44-3b79-471a-9100-d256f6bceb46
  4. enter your philips email

enter your philips email: They say that i should enter my philips email but i dont have a philips email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enter-your-philips-email/30970713-5158-40e7-b38b-227c6cad407c
  5. enter your philips email

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. enter your philips email

enter your philips email: They say that i should enter my philips email but i dont have a philips email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enter-your-philips-email/30970713-5158-40e7-b38b-227c6cad407c
  7. enter your philips email

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Windows 10 reinstall; Stuck at prompt to enter your Cisco email

Windows 10 reinstall; Stuck at prompt to enter your Cisco email: Hi, Here is what is going on:1. My Lenovo laptop motherboard die and they replaced it for me.2. This required a system restore.3. While Windows 10 is installing I get a screen labelled: "Welcome to Cisco" This is where I'm stuckSo, it reads "enter your Cisco email" I didn't...
  9. Windows 10 reinstall; Stuck at prompt to enter your Cisco email

Windows 10 reinstall; Stuck at prompt to enter your Cisco email: Hi, Here is what is going on:1. My Lenovo laptop motherboard die and they replaced it for me.2. This required a system restore.3. While Windows 10 is installing I get a screen labelled: "Welcome to Cisco" This is where I'm stuckSo, it reads "enter your Cisco email" I didn't...
  10. Windows is prompting me to enter a password for an email that no longer is linked to my...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows is prompting me to enter a password for an email that no longer is linked to my...: The title says it all. Whenever windows needs to confirm my identity, like when trying to purchase something from the store or when trying to sync passwords, it will ask for my computers PIN which I can enter no problem and then it asks for the password to a hotmail account...