Windows 10: Windows 10 Reinstall using different MS Account

Discus and support Windows 10 Reinstall using different MS Account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have reinstalled windows a couple different times (Reset, Recovery, and clean install) but every time I cannot activate - the Activation window is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JackKnapp, Mar 3, 2019.

1. JackKnapp Win User

Windows 10 Reinstall using different MS Account

I have reinstalled windows a couple different times (Reset, Recovery, and clean install) but every time I cannot activate - the Activation window is blank.

Could it be I am using a different MS Account for the reinstall? Checking my two MS accounts I see that this serial version of windows is now linked to both accounts (but it is NOT activated). Any suggestion on what to do? Do I need to disconnect the serial from the old MS account so it can be activated using the new MS account?

Thanks

:)

JackKnapp, Mar 3, 2019
  2. FiiLeTe Win User

Window 10 Auto-Logon (Hotmail/MS Account)

Hello everyone!

So, i've updated my PC to Windows 10 and i have a little problem.

Anyone knows how to auto-logon without asking for password using Hotmail/MS Account? I i've already tried the trick using "netplwiz" from Windows 8 wich always worked totally, and in Win10 it just does not work, it keeps asking me for password...

Anyone knows how to bypass this without having to create a local account?

Cheers.

FiiLeTe, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 Reinstall using different MS Account :(

Zakin, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Reinstall using different MS Account - Similar Threads - Reinstall using different

2. using MS account issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    using MS account issue: Was having and issue where minecraft wouldn't launch for my kid. I ended up reinstalling windows because window updates was having issue i couldn't fix. Most likely my kiddo powered it of during updates or something. After a fresh install if windows 11 I can't log in with my...
  3. using MS account issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    using MS account issue: Was having and issue where minecraft wouldn't launch for my kid. I ended up reinstalling windows because window updates was having issue i couldn't fix. Most likely my kiddo powered it of during updates or something. After a fresh install if windows 11 I can't log in with my...
  4. Different MS account for Windows and Office?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Different MS account for Windows and Office?: Can you have windows login using one microsoft account, and office 365 installation activated with a different microsoft account? 182157
  5. Reinstalling Windows 10 and using a different Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalling Windows 10 and using a different Microsoft account: So this is quite the long question for most likely a short awnser, but I still need help, which I would appreciate very much! I have this LAPTOPwith an OEM Windows 10 keyand I use my Microsoft account to log in, which I assume is linked to itmy LAPTOP. But very soon I will...
  6. Used a Windows 10 Debloater and Looking to reinstall The Ms Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Used a Windows 10 Debloater and Looking to reinstall The Ms Store: I used a Windows 10 debloater a while back (which can be found here: GitHub - Sycnex/Windows10Debloater: Script to remove Windows 10 bloatware.) and Decided I would like to reinstall only the MS store tried a bunch of mentioned methods online without any luck. Any help would...
  7. Used a Windows 10 Debloater and Looking to reinstall The Ms Store

in Windows 10 Support
    Used a Windows 10 Debloater and Looking to reinstall The Ms Store: I used a Windows 10 debloater a while back (which can be found here: GitHub - Sycnex/Windows10Debloater: Script to remove Windows 10 bloatware.) and Decided I would like to reinstall only the MS store tried a bunch of mentioned methods online without any luck. Any help would...
  8. Reinstall Windows 10 on a different drive?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstall Windows 10 on a different drive?: Hello, all. I have a laptop that currently has an HDD. It's several years old and is becoming a big slow. It also has Windows 10 on it. I plan on replacing the HDD with an SSD and doing a fresh install of Windows 10. However, I don't have the license key for my copy of...
  9. Using Local and MS accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Using Local and MS accounts: I have a computer using a local account. I use the Microsoft account separately to login to apps etc. When using another app I want to login with, I would get the account popup and can select my MS acct. How can I prevent that from accidentally being used in another app, I...
  10. Using a MS Account Questions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Using a MS Account Questions: Currently, I have a Standard User account meaning a NON-Microsoft Account. I am thinking about creating a MS Account just for storing my BitLocker recovery keys, but also, thinking to use it as my main primary account. Two questions relating to this: 1. If in case I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to reinstall windows with different account

2. reinstall windows different account

3. reinstall windows with different microsoft account