Windows 10: Windows 10 Reinstall

Discus and support Windows 10 Reinstall in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I tried to reload my windows 10 home version using the 25 character sequence. I am told that this sequence is not recognized. Help!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JimPatterson2, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Reinstall

I tried to reload my windows 10 home version using the 25 character sequence. I am told that this sequence is not recognized. Help!

:)

JimPatterson2, Dec 7, 2018
  2. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Windows 10 Reinstall :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 Reinstall

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Reinstall

1. Windows 10 Reinstall - Similar Threads - Reinstall

2. Windows 10 clean reinstall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 clean reinstall: Will doing a clean install on a machine with a install file created on a different machine still allow me to have a activated version on the repaired computer? The machine that needs repairing is a Windows 7 computer that was upgraded when it was free. Thanks in advance,...
  3. Windows 10 reinstall on new hardware - activation error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 reinstall on new hardware - activation error: Hi folks, History: a) Had Windows 7 (bought the DVD in a box with a genuine product key years ago) - was running fine. b) Upgraded online to Windows 10 during the free upgrade period after W10 went general release. So it was a digital license linked to my Microsoft account....
  4. How do I reinstall/Uninstall Apps that Windows 10 is saying aren't there but are there?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I reinstall/Uninstall Apps that Windows 10 is saying aren't there but are there?: Over the past few weeks I've noticed that Apps are no longer working. They appear muted on the Start Menu list, see image > [ATTACH] When I click on them I get this > [ATTACH] When I go to the App store it says the App is installed so won't download it, see image >...
  5. How to reinstall windows 10 after the uso is on my usb?

How to reinstall windows 10 after the uso is on my usb?: I have the Iso on my usb and my use plugged in but how do i reinstall it to my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reinstall-windows-10-after-the-uso-is-on-my/df88e51f-42f9-4d4b-b907-5ff2c32abc58
  6. Reinstalling Windows 10 (Upgraded Version)

Reinstalling Windows 10 (Upgraded Version): I have a PC whose windows installation is now causing a number of issues. I want to do a clean software build. As I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1 (which in turn was from 8), can I just install 8 and Windows Upgrade will do the rest? Thanks Phil...
  7. How to reinstall original windows 10 from windows.old folder in windows 7?

How to reinstall original windows 10 from windows.old folder in windows 7?: I got original windows 10 with my new pc but I installed pirated windows 7 on it. so, now as I want my original windows 10 back, How can I install back it from windows.old folder in currently installed windows 7?...
  8. Is it recommended to reinstall Windows 10 when I upgrade from 1TB SSD to 2TB SSD on a...

Is it recommended to reinstall Windows 10 when I upgrade from 1TB SSD to 2TB SSD on a...: Hi, I have just built a new computer but I have not activated Windows 10 yet. I plan to upgrade the SSD from my current 1TB SSD to 2TB SSD within the next three months. In this case, is it better to copy all user files from the 1TB SSD to an external drive, install Windows 10...
  9. not able to reinstall windows 10 home single language after i update windows 10 v 1709 to 1809

not able to reinstall windows 10 home single language after i update windows 10 v 1709 to 1809: I am currently using acer aspire 5 model no A515-51G-50UW with preloded windows 10 home single language . But when i update it to 1809 version by using update tool provided on the microsoft website i am not able to re activate the windows . Even when i use trouble shoot it is...
  10. Can I reinstall Windows Media Player?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I reinstall Windows Media Player?: I uninstalled WMP from my Win 10 system in desperation, because it was behaving oddly and I thought a re-install might be the solution. Bad Idea! I now can find no way of re-installing it. All of my searches have taken me to very dodgy-looking sites that I prefer not to...