Windows 10: Windows 10 reinstall

Discus and support Windows 10 reinstall in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We have a computer that originally had Windows 7 professional installed. It upgraded to Windows 10 Professional automatically during the free upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SCBC MUSIC, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Windows 10 reinstall

We have a computer that originally had Windows 7 professional installed. It upgraded to Windows 10 Professional automatically during the free upgrade period. Recently, the hard drive crashed and when we tried to restore from our backup, we found it was corrupted as well. We purchased a new SSD drive to use as our primary drive and since we only had a Windows 7 disk, reinstalled the OS from that. I entered the key on the disk, and now we are getting the message that the key is invalid. We have already reloaded all of our software on the drive, so wiping the drive clean is not desired.

I have read that since the Win 10 OS was activated before, I can download something and install Win 10 again and it will automatically activate. Will this just upgrade the Win7 or is it going to wipe out my hard drive and make me start from scratch again. Help. This is our computer that we use to project our songs and scriptures for our church services. HELP

:)

SCBC MUSIC, Sep 18, 2019
  2. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Windows 10 reinstall :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Sep 18, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 18, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 reinstall

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 reinstall

1. Windows 10 reinstall - Similar Threads - reinstall

2. Can't reinstall windows 10 i bought to my reset computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reinstall windows 10 i bought to my reset computer: I ordered windows 10 in August of 2021 and installed it on my computer from the email link they sent me. I recently had my computer mess up so bad out of the blue, that I had to reset it completely. I now need to reinstall the windows 10 but when I try to used the file from...
  3. Can't reinstall windows 10 i bought to my reset computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't reinstall windows 10 i bought to my reset computer: I ordered windows 10 in August of 2021 and installed it on my computer from the email link they sent me. I recently had my computer mess up so bad out of the blue, that I had to reset it completely. I now need to reinstall the windows 10 but when I try to used the file from...
  4. Can't reinstall windows 10 i bought to my reset computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 had to do a full reinstall back to windows 8 and now I get error 80072EFE and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 had to do a full reinstall back to windows 8 and now I get error 80072EFE and...: Hello My lenovo ideapad started out with windows 8 then it updated to 8.1 then years ago it updated to windows 10 when it came out and it has run great all these years. Then I turned it on to get the monthly updates but it would not start up like it has always done. So lenovo...
  6. Windows 10 had to do a full reinstall back to windows 8 and now I get error 80072EFE and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 had to do a full reinstall back to windows 8 and now I get error 80072EFE and...: Hello My lenovo ideapad started out with windows 8 then it updated to 8.1 then years ago it updated to windows 10 when it came out and it has run great all these years. Then I turned it on to get the monthly updates but it would not start up like it has always done. So lenovo...
  7. Windows 10 had to do a full reinstall back to windows 8 and now I get error 80072EFE and...

8. Tablet function missing from Asus Zenbook after reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tablet function missing from Asus Zenbook after reinstall: I have an Asus Zenbook Flip 13. The camera wasn't working for a long time so they replaced the whole screen but the camera was still not working. So they did BIOS update and not it works. However, the tablet mode has completely gone missing from the computer. Autorotation is...
  9. Tablet function missing from Asus Zenbook after reinstall

Tablet function missing from Asus Zenbook after reinstall: I have an Asus Zenbook Flip 13. The camera wasn't working for a long time so they replaced the whole screen but the camera was still not working. So they did BIOS update and not it works. However, the tablet mode has completely gone missing from the computer. Autorotation is...
  10. Is there any way to restore data after reinstalling Windows? I have drive D but I have...

Is there any way to restore data after reinstalling Windows? I have drive D but I have...: Help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-way-to-restore-data-after/09ff6721-519e-4923-9886-35e9c02abe64