Windows 10: Windows 10 reinstall

Discus and support Windows 10 reinstall in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have a lot of corrupted files, none are important but some apps won’t open like icue or razer and my computer updates keep failing. So I found out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Walla-Koala, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Windows 10 reinstall

So I have a lot of corrupted files, none are important but some apps won’t open like icue or razer and my computer updates keep failing. So I found out from a tech expert I have to reinstall Windows to get rid of the Corruption. Now I have activated Windows with my product key. If I reinstall Windows will I have to re buy Windows and get a new product key, or can I just re type in the old key to activate it after I reinstalled Windows.

submitted by /u/Walla-Koala
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Walla-Koala, Aug 5, 2020
  2. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Windows 10 reinstall :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 reinstall

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 reinstall

1. Windows 10 reinstall - Similar Threads - reinstall

2. How to transfer apps from old admin account to the new one without reinstalling

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to transfer apps from old admin account to the new one without reinstalling: I made a new administrator account and want my apps to get there. Is it possible to transfer all the settings and apps from the old account to a new one without installation...
  3. BSOD after changing/going back to old GPU and reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after changing/going back to old GPU and reinstalling Windows 10: I'm getting BSOD almost every time I use my PC. Seems to be ok in safe mode and when playing games though. Specs are: Ryzen 5 3600 MSI B450 Tomahawk 16GB DDR4 3200mhz HyperX Predator 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD Gigabyte GTX 960 4GB Windforce EVGA 500w PSU It started initially...
  4. Just reinstalled windows, computer is slow, crashes and disk usage is 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Just reinstalled windows, computer is slow, crashes and disk usage is 100%: Hello My computer has been acting weird lately, freezing many times and sometimes crashing blue screen of death with error codes like critical process died, and then it couldn't boot anymore, so I downloaded the Microsoft windows tool from another pc, burned a CD, backed up...
  5. How can i reinstall xbox game bar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i reinstall xbox game bar?: I uninstalled it using powershell because my pc is poop and now i need it to login in xbox live in asphalt 9 submitted by /u/Razvich [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iwr6e8/how_can_i_reinstall_xbox_game_bar/
  6. reinstalling windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reinstalling windows 10: good morning, i recently had to uninstall windows and taking my acer laptop back to factory settings, i have been unable to connect to a network or even go back to an old setting. i have a black screen with the following and am unsure what to do now. this is what showing...
  7. Reinstalling windows 10 after changing hardware

Reinstalling windows 10 after changing hardware: Hello. Having trouble with my old PC again since my HDD crashed and so i tried to fix, recover and reinstall windows 10 through USB. To make the long story short, it ended up deleting /formatting the 500GB HDD and i got a used 120GB SSD and another 80GB HDD connected to my...
  8. After Reset + app reinstall, icons are blank/white/dummy ones when searching for apps

in Cortana
    After Reset + app reinstall, icons are blank/white/dummy ones when searching for apps: Hi, I've had to do a "Reset my PC" operation 'cos something had gotten badly corrupted on the system. After that, I expectedly have to reinstall the apps. So far, so good. The apps work as expected. But when I search for an app using "Windows key, type part of app...
  9. Forgot to delete partitions during reinstalling windows

Forgot to delete partitions during reinstalling windows: Hi, My pc was very slow and there were many glitches so I wanted to reset it. The reset menu said that it couldn't find the recovery environment so i used a usb. The problem is that i forgot to delete the partitions during the reinstall from usb. So do i need to again...
  10. Making Reinstallation more Seemless

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Making Reinstallation more Seemless: So thanks to a Windows glitch, none of my audio hardware devices show as enabled and won’t output no matter what I’ve tried. A win2go usb has them all working. Even a Windows feature update didn’t fix it. As a result, I have to reinstall. I have a lot of files on my NAS vs...