Windows 10: Windows 10 rejecting my valid product key - cannot activate

Discus and support Windows 10 rejecting my valid product key - cannot activate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; From time to time I format my PC and install Windows from the DVD media using the valid product key I have owned for years. This time I upgraded my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Juliano K, May 26, 2020.

1. Juliano K Win User

Windows 10 rejecting my valid product key - cannot activate

From time to time I format my PC and install Windows from the DVD media using the valid product key I have owned for years.

This time I upgraded my cpu, motherboard and ram, and formatted. I have already changed motherboard, CPU and ram at least once since I acquired this windows product key.

The DVD drive is a bit old and is getting hard to work so I made a USB bootable stick to install windows using the corresponding Microsoft media creation tool not sure if that has anything to do with it.

And now I install Windows from the USB stick. Input my product key during installation. The setup program accepts the key. I start working. The next day the message on the bottom right "Activate Windows" shows up. But I cannot activate windows. It simply rejects my valid product key.

There's this message: The last product key ID: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx you entered can't be used in this copy of Windows 0x803FA067

The troubleshooter just tells me there's no product key even if I just inserted it and tells me to buy one.

Can someone tell me what's happening?

Windows 10 rejecting my valid product key - cannot activate 2da15b65-ce98-42ae-9920-cebc2f1dffec?upload=true.png

:)

Juliano K, May 26, 2020

2. Windows is not activated with valid product key

I bought this license and activated this Windows like 1 or 2 years ago, and it's a valid key, I had my Windows Activated and everything works perfectly until today when I saw a watermark at to bottom corner asking me to Activate Windows.

I tried to reenter my product key but it says that I do not have a valid product key and refuse to activate my windows

Is there any solution for this?

P.S. I didn't reinstall my Windows or make any hardware change

DanielRandy, May 26, 2020
  3. skippy258 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Windows 10 rejecting my valid product key - cannot activate [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, May 26, 2020
  4. Mystere Win User

Product key rejected

How exactly did you "download the ISO"? And what version of Windows 10 is it?

Mystere, May 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 rejecting my valid product key - cannot activate - Similar Threads - rejecting valid product

2. Activating Windows 10 with Bootcamp and Valid Product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating Windows 10 with Bootcamp and Valid Product key: I'm trying to activate windows 10 on bootcamp with a valid windows key, and every time I try it fails. I've used this key for a long time now and Microsoft will mot validate my machine...No matter which way I go, I can't activate. Even though I know the keys are all...
  3. Activating Windows 10 with Bootcamp and Valid Product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 with Bootcamp and Valid Product key: I'm trying to activate windows 10 on bootcamp with a valid windows key, and every time I try it fails. I've used this key for a long time now and Microsoft will mot validate my machine...No matter which way I go, I can't activate. Even though I know the keys are all...
  4. Activating Windows 10 with Bootcamp and Valid Product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Product key Validation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Product key Validation: Have had this PC for ages & all of a sudden after turning on today a msg appears in the bottom right corner "This copy of windows is not genuine",Windows7 build 7601. In the System prop where your product Key is Activate Windows. The problem is why after using this PC...
  6. Windows 10 activation with a valid product key on a new computer

Windows 10 activation with a valid product key on a new computer: Hi, My last computer broke, so I got a new one and tried to move the windows license on it. I deactivated it from the old one and with "slmgr -ipk" in CMD I added it to the new computer. But if I run the next command "slmgr /dli" the next message is displayed: [ATTACH]...
  7. product key valid?

product key valid?: f I purchase Windows 7 how long is the product key valid? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-valid/8fab35f1-2e59-4602-b007-b12c0799488f"
  8. updating windows 10 pro, cannot validate the product key

updating windows 10 pro, cannot validate the product key: I am trying to update the office computers from windows 7 professional to windows 10 pro. I bought about 20 retail version of windows 10 pro usb key. everytime I try to start the process, the message "cannot validate the product key" pops up and does not let me continue the...
  9. Windows is not activated with valid product key

Windows is not activated with valid product key: I bought this license and activated this Windows like 1 or 2 years ago, and it's a valid key, I had my Windows Activated and everything works perfectly until today when I saw a watermark at to bottom corner asking me to Activate Windows. I tried to reenter my product key...
  10. Product key rejected

Product key rejected: I have downloaded the 10 iso and tried to install it on my laptop running 8.1 Home Premium. The setup guide asks for the product key and does not give me the option to skip. When I input the key (determined by pcadvisor) it rejects it saying that key did not work. What am...