Windows 10: Windows 10 release 1803 (build 17134.285); fatal DPC Latency problems. Issue with Sept MS...

Discus and support Windows 10 release 1803 (build 17134.285); fatal DPC Latency problems. Issue with Sept MS... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Windows 10 (Home edition) PC that was running flawlessly since November 2017. No new software was added since it was set up, only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CormacG, Sep 27, 2018.

1. CormacG Win User

Windows 10 release 1803 (build 17134.285); fatal DPC Latency problems. Issue with Sept MS...

Hi,

I have a Windows 10 (Home edition) PC that was running flawlessly since November 2017. No new software was added since it was set up, only updates to Windows 10 and to the small collection (two) of radio related applications I use. My hardware: Zotac ID-90-Plus. i7 2.5GHz, 16bB RAM, 250gB SSD, x2 Realtek PCIe GbE Family ethernet (wifi and Bluetooth adapters disabled), Intel (R) HD 4000 graphics, onboard HD Audio (MS driver), USB3.0.

About 2 weeks ago something went bad, very bad. The PC, by then running Windows 10 (1803 including the September updates from Microsoft) developed complete show-stopper DPC latency issues; stuttering on the audio initially but very quickly causing the entire PC to bog down. The stuttering was happening with any application that required audio streaming (I tried a number including Spotify in addition to the software defined radio applications that I've been running). Same result - after about 5 minutes of trouble free operation, audio stuttering starts - the audio latency time begins to climb, as does the CPU load - the CPU load increasingly rapidly - and then performance just collapses in a cascade type failure with the PC

The past two weeks have broken me as I tried to sort it out but to no avail. I tried everything I could think of, driver roll backs, disabling hardware, hundreds of subsets of services combinations, stripping back peripherals including even the keyboard, mouse and display at one point. Lately I've been spending hours pouring over Windows Performance Analyzer data (part of the Windows Assessment & Deployment Kit) to try and figure out what was happening - I'll confess to being a novice in that regard but while I could see the consequences of the DPC delays when they kick off, I couldn't figure out the cause.

In the end I gave up. Last weekend, I did a completely clean installation of Windows 10 (1803 build 17134.285) on the same hardware and installed two applications that require streaming audio. Unfortunately, the DPC latency issues are there with this shiny, new and clean setup and occur exactly as they did on my previous installation. Something has gone wrong somewhere; no new drivers have been introduced, they are the same drivers that have been in place since November, they are the latest versions for my hardware. They used to work OK, they don't now. I can only think of two possibilities; a partial hardware failure on my PC (bit of a stretch I think, if it's a failure its very selective) or something has gone wrong with Win10, possibly introduced in the September updates and that's where my suspicion lies just now. If anyone else has other ideas, I'm really keen to hear them because as things stand, I'm dead in the water.

I'm an experienced IT professional so more than happy to get stuck into diagnosing this with e.g. the Windows Assessment & Deployment kit or whatever. I have a clean copy of Windows 10 build 1803 on a PC that I can't use to do anything else just now so please suggest how I can go about debugging this and I'll get stuck in. Until it's sorted I've a PC that's pretty much useless to me :-(

Thanks.

Regards

Cormac

[Cork, Ireland]

:)

CormacG, Sep 27, 2018
  2. ErmineMD Win User

Windows 10 DPC latency issue with ndis & tcpip.sys

Your code and my recent
    CrazyPingTest3
    trigger DPC latency issue of tcpip.sys after a couple of runs. Like you said.

One run of your code, one run of CrazyPingTest3 or infinite run of my infinite pings (original
    CrazyPingTest) cause just 0.5 to 1 ms latency.

But! If I add a 50 ms sleep before starting a new thread, there is no latency at all. See my
    CrazyPingTest3). There is a commented line.

And if I add Thread.Sleep(50); before your

p.SendAsync(ip, 1000, ip);

I see no DPC latency too.

And thank you for the link!

Upd. Oh, I was wrong. I made some more runs and had a DPC latency.

And I’m here because of “windows 10 ndis high dpc” issue too.

ErmineMD, Sep 27, 2018
  3. DPC Latency High

Hi,

Check these:

Solving DPC Latency Issues - Download Latency Monitor and DPC Latency Checker

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/solving-dpc-latency-issues/

DPC Latency Checker

http://www.wintuts.com/DPC-Latency-Checker

DPC Latency Checker - Download

http://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Windows 10 release 1803 (build 17134.285); fatal DPC Latency problems. Issue with Sept MS...

Windows 10 High Dpc Latency

I believe DPC Latency Checker does not support WIN 10. Please try LatencyMon and check.

I had this issue so thought of sharing.

GypsySoul13, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 release 1803 (build 17134.285); fatal DPC Latency problems. Issue with Sept MS...

1. Windows 10 release 1803 (build 17134.285); fatal DPC Latency problems. Issue with Sept MS... - Similar Threads - release 1803 build

2. DPC And General Latency Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC And General Latency Issues: Hey all, i've started having latency and stuttering problems about a month ago august 2023 and ever since i've tried so many different fixes online including bios update, disabling and re-enabling devices in device manager, downloading new drivers for audio and wifi and a...
  3. DPC And General Latency Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC And General Latency Issues: Hey all, i've started having latency and stuttering problems about a month ago august 2023 and ever since i've tried so many different fixes online including bios update, disabling and re-enabling devices in device manager, downloading new drivers for audio and wifi and a...
  4. MASSIVE DPC Latency issues with Asus GL553 since 1803

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MASSIVE DPC Latency issues with Asus GL553 since 1803: Asus ROG GL553ve 16 GB RAM Core i7 7700HQ SSD + HDD I've had this computer for years. It worked fine until out of nowhere -maybe one of those magical Windows Updates for your own good- started giving me horrible audio glitches (popping, delays, stutters). I also started...
  5. DPC Latency problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC Latency problems: Hi, over the last few days out of the blue I started to hear weird crackling and popping noises during video and audio playback, I tried to investigate and check to see what the problem was myself, I stumbled upon LatencyMon that test DPC Latency, seems that my problem is due...
  6. Dpc latency

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dpc latency: Hi Guys, For a while now I've had popping and clicking from my headset and crackling when in games. I downloaded Latencymon and found that if I disable one of my drives ( I've 2 ssd and a hdd) the latency stays green. I've done this for over an hour twice with the hdd...
  7. Audio/DPC latency and performance issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio/DPC latency and performance issues: for the past couple of weeks i've been getting weird almost crackling noises on my laptop and i assumed the speakers were going until they persisted with headphones as well. Here's my LatencyMon...
  8. DPC latency audio problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DPC latency audio problem: hey, im having dificultys with my pc. im having problem with every task im doing, even playing a yt video. so the problem is im having random freezes and audio freezes/lags every 10-40 mins. i dont exactly know whats causing it but im pretty sure its not the disks/ram. ive...
  9. Wifi Issue in Windows 10 build 17134

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Issue in Windows 10 build 17134: Hi guys, i am facing one issue in windows 10 build 17134, when i shift from one SSID to another, network adaptor automatic disconnect from wifi signal. even not wifi search window shows. i have to restart to connect to another ssid. same windows 10 with different build...
  10. Yet another DPC latency issue - Win 10 x 64 Pro - build 1803

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Yet another DPC latency issue - Win 10 x 64 Pro - build 1803: Hi all, Following a fresh reinstall it seems I am now in the same position as many before me - high DPC latency causing audio crackling, popping and distortion (especially in Kodi :-( ) I've read everything I can find online and yet I'm still suffering this issue. This is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dpc latency windows 10 1803