Windows 10: Windows 10 Release Date

Discus and support Windows 10 Release Date in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does anyone here believe that Windows 10 will be very likely to come out in June 2015 or is that wishful thinking? I want it now so badly but I would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abecharles, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Windows 10 Release Date

Does anyone here believe that Windows 10 will be very likely to come out in June 2015 or is that wishful thinking? I want it now so badly but I would hate to have to wait until September or even July or August.

Microsoft needs to speed things up!

:)

abecharles, Nov 11, 2014
  2. REK7 Win User
  3. Windows 10 release date

I think your phone is eligible for the Windows 10 Mobile

DheerajGupta, Nov 11, 2014
  4. Mystere Win User

Windows 10 Release Date

Where did you hear June 2015? The only date Microsoft has given so far is "late 2015"

Mystere, Nov 11, 2014
  5. jadinolf Win User
    I consider myself having Windows 10 right now.

It does everything I need.*Smile

jadinolf, Nov 11, 2014
  6. Wynona Win User
    Oh? You'd like to have another Windows ME? Or maybe another Vista? Or maybe even a repeat of Windows 8?

I don't know what happened with Windows ME, other than it failed miserably, but I do know what happened to the beta of Windows Vista. We, the beta testers did our best to convince Microsoft that Vista wasn't ready yet, but Marketing overruled us and because of an arbitrary release date, the rest is history. I also don't know what happened with Windows 8, but I do know that the large cross section of beta testers out here in the wild were "dismissed" and we didn't get any input in the disaster known as Windows 8.

Microsoft seems to have learned something over the past few years. They're listening to us again and we get a chance to give feedback on Windows 10, which almost isn't even Alpha. It's certainly not a Beta yet. And look how good it already is!

Personally, I want the best of all worlds, and that begins and ends with however long it takes and whatever it takes to make Windows 10 the best it can be. I don't want a repeat of Windows 8, although Windows 8.1 did offer some improvements.

So I say Microsoft needs to take its time and get it right. The best is worth waiting for.

Wynona, Nov 11, 2014
  7. Mystere Win User
    What happened with Windows ME is that it wasn't supposed to exist. Windows 98SE was supposed to be the last 9x based Windows, to be replaced by Windows 2000. However, Windows 2000 did not end up being capable of being a consumer release (it lacked proper gaming support, and many other consumer technologies among the many things that slipped from its release schedule).

The problem Microsoft had was that Windows 98SE was becoming long in the tooth, and no longer had OEM support, so they needed a new release to satisfy new hardware, so they basically hacked together a release to support new hardware, plus add in some stuff they had been working on for Windows 2000 that didn't ship with it... and voila, a mess was born. It was a stopgap until XP was ready.

I wouldn't call it arbitrary. It was already 5 years in the making, and 3 years late. The larger problem was the OEM vendors insistence that low-spec hardware be compatible with it... which Microsoft marketing caved on. That, combined with the deliberate over-tuning of UAC to force ISV's to make their products compatible with the new security model created a publicity nightmare.

Vista's problems were largely just that, publicity. Yes, it had some real issues as well that could have been ironed out with a few more months of testing, but that was hardly what gave it the black eye.

The things that give Microsoft the most grief are not bugs... they're unfulfilled promises, and not taking into account the fact that many users will refuse to change. That's not to say that MS should cater to the whims of such people, but they should find ways to encourage them to move forward, not just expect them to.

Mystere, Nov 11, 2014
  8. Victek Win User

Windows 10 Release Date

I didn't know that vendors had pressured Microsoft to low-ball hardware specs. I did notice that MS set the minimum ram requirement for Vista at 512K, which is ridiculously low. The first wave of Vista machines came with 1gb, which you'd think would be OK since it was 2X the minimum, but of course it was horrible. I worked on a number of those machines and they provided a terrible "user experience" that contributed to the belief that Vista was broken. The other serious problem I saw was the lack of drivers for older printers, scanners, etc. People got really upset when they realized after upgrading to Vista that they weren't going to be able to use their peripherals. It seems to me that was the manufacturers responsibility, but people blamed MS for it. Eventually more ram became the norm, drivers became more available and service packs fixed the bugs, but Vista couldn't recover in the public's perception.

Victek, Nov 11, 2014
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    Same here. I can make use of Win10TP(9860) on a daily basis with no issues and that's fine with me.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Nov 11, 2014
  10. Wynona Win User
    Neither did I, Victek. And I didn't have many of the problems others had, but there were enough discovered by the beta testers that we didn't want it released.

Oh, yeah, I was caught up in that one! I had just bought a new HP Color LaserJet and there were no drivers for it. HP refused to build new drivers for this expensive printer and I was forced to keep a computer with XP on it so I could use it. I didn't blame Microsoft; I put the blame squarely on HP where it belonged. For several years, I refused to use anything HP, but I relented because their desktops and laptops (to me) are the best. Also, I believe HP now builds drivers for new operating systems, even for older technology.

Wynona, Nov 11, 2014
  11. groze Win User
    Wynona,

Drivers can be a pain,

My old hp printer wouldn't work for windows 7, then all of a sudden a package popped up through windows update and now it works. If you still have vista installed in a virtual machine, you might try windows update again.

All,
    What changed so drastically from windows loghorn to vista? I read people say windows loghhorn was better then vista.

groze, Nov 12, 2014
  12. I didn't know that vendors had pressured Microsoft to low-ball hardware specs. I did notice that MS set the minimum ram requirement for Vista at 512K, which is ridiculously low. The first wave of Vista machines came with 1gb, which you'd think would be OK since it was 2X the minimum, but of course it was horrible. I worked on a number of those machines and they provided a terrible "user experience" that contributed to the belief that Vista was broken. The other serious problem I saw was the lack of drivers for older printers, scanners, etc. People got really upset when they realized after upgrading to Vista that they weren't going to be able to use their peripherals. It seems to me that was the manufacturers responsibility, but people blamed MS for it. Eventually more ram became the norm, drivers became more available and service packs fixed the bugs, but Vista couldn't recover in the public's perception. I read somewhere that it was actually Intel's fault.

lehnerus2000, Nov 12, 2014
  13. AddRAM Win User

Windows 10 Release Date

Well guess what, you`re gonna wait, what`s wrong with using the TP, or better yet, install Windows 7 *Biggrin

AddRAM, Nov 12, 2014
  14. jadinolf Win User
    Same here. I can make use of Win10TP(9860) on a daily basis with no issues and that's fine with me.

Jeff Yep, it's ready to do anything I need.

jadinolf, Nov 17, 2014
  15. Wynona Win User

Jeff Yep, it's ready to do anything I need. Other than the occasional bump in the road, Windows 10 is every bit as good as Windows 7 was at the same junction. I got in on the "dogfood" Windows 7 and didn't look back. And if I weren't so cautious, I'd do the same with Windows 10.

If this machine were one I built myself, I would already have Windows 10 installed on a new hard drive and have it in place. Since it's an HP and also UEFI instead of BIOS, I'll have to forego that pleasure. I have a machine sitting in the closet behind me, so I just may pull that thing out and install Windows 10 and Office 2013 on it.

Wynona, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Release Date

1. Windows 10 Release Date - Similar Threads - Release Date

2. Windows 12 Release Date?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 12 Release Date?: Windows 12 will likely be released in the fall of 2024. This new operating system codenamed "Next Valley", will replace Windows 11. Microsoft has already shown off a prototype desktop design for Windows 12. Lock screen and notification center changes and artificial...
  3. Windows 12 Release Date?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 12 Release Date?: Windows 12 will likely be released in the fall of 2024. This new operating system codenamed "Next Valley", will replace Windows 11. Microsoft has already shown off a prototype desktop design for Windows 12. Lock screen and notification center changes and artificial...
  4. Windows 24H2 release date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 24H2 release date: can i download windows 11 24h2 update by enablement package. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-24h2-release-date/a2f47f57-a339-4b1b-a677-0657df25e4cf
  5. Windows 24H2 release date

Windows 24H2 release date: can i download windows 11 24h2 update by enablement package. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-24h2-release-date/a2f47f57-a339-4b1b-a677-0657df25e4cf
  6. Dead Rising 2 GFWL Release Date Verification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dead Rising 2 GFWL Release Date Verification: Hi there, I recently purchased a disc copy of Dead Rising 2 for GFWL on PC in hopes to replay one of my favorite games and earn some achievements, but I can't get past the GFWL release date verification screen.Is there a way past this screen or did I just unfortunately waste...
  7. Dead Rising 2 GFWL Release Date Verification

Dead Rising 2 GFWL Release Date Verification: Hi there, I recently purchased a disc copy of Dead Rising 2 for GFWL on PC in hopes to replay one of my favorite games and earn some achievements, but I can't get past the GFWL release date verification screen.Is there a way past this screen or did I just unfortunately waste...
  8. iTunes closes down after clicking on release date of a TV episode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iTunes closes down after clicking on release date of a TV episode: When I click on TV Show Info and then click on the release date of a TV episode, the whole program stops working, and then it closes down. It takes a while for it to stop so that I can write down the release date, but it's frustrating when that happens. And it has happened on...
  9. iTunes closes down after clicking on release date of a TV episode

iTunes closes down after clicking on release date of a TV episode: When I click on TV Show Info and then click on the release date of a TV episode, the whole program stops working, and then it closes down. It takes a while for it to stop so that I can write down the release date, but it's frustrating when that happens. And it has happened on...
  10. Release Date: 10/10/2023 Version: OS Builds 19044.3570 and 19045.3570 11/18/23 failed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Release Date: 10/10/2023 Version: OS Builds 19044.3570 and 19045.3570 11/18/23 failed...: Need detailed help to get this update to load. Step by step. Others have loaded as history of updates show. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/release-date-10102023-version-os-builds-190443570/12ab787c-5a9f-4195-89ab-bb6802eac2fb