Windows 10: Windows 10 - release version: Some apps won't launch

Discus and support Windows 10 - release version: Some apps won't launch in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; [img] [img] 0 Sign in to vote I had an update to windows a few days ago. Now some of the apps are not launching. The following work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Staras, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Staras Win User

Windows 10 - release version: Some apps won't launch

Windows 10 - release version: Some apps won't launch [​IMG]

Windows 10 - release version: Some apps won't launch [​IMG]

Sign in to vote

I had an update to windows a few days ago. Now some of the apps are not launching. The following work as normal: Settings, calculator, paint, hearts deluxe, witcher 3, Machinarium. Those not working include: Asphalt, flow free, hill climb racing, super golf land - all games from the store. I have tried reinstalling them but to no avail. When I click on one there is a brief flash and the screen reverts to what it was. I have no problems with other programs installed.
    I ran SFC - a few errors were found and reported as repaired.

Ran SFC a second time "Windows did not find any integrity violations"
    Ran DISM - no problems reported
    Ran SFC a final time, no integrity violations.
    The problem with apps not loading remains as it was. The only other thing I have done in the last few days is to use disc cleanup to remove unwanted files on C drive, including "Old Windows"

:)

Staras, Aug 2, 2015

2. Some applications are not available.

If you've installed Windows 10 Build 9926 and find that some apps work and some apps don't, the fix could be as easy as registering the apps. In particular, some early testers have found that apps like
    Cortana, the beta Store, and others either won't launch at all, or start to launch but hang on the app's splash screen.

Windows App Development

GauravSinghMB, Aug 2, 2015
  3. After restarting my PC I have no mouse or keyboard

Because its part of the servicing of Windows 10. Some computers just won't run a particular release great. Nothings wrong with skipping a version.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 2, 2015
  4. pepegotme Win User

Would you expect everything to work? Drivers and updates are needed for some hardware and software. That's why I will stay with win 7. It's to early to change, unless you like grief!.

pepegotme, Aug 2, 2015
  5. Staras Win User
    I have been using Windows 10 for several months now and most things HAVE worked. The problems started after an update. I use this forum to get help from others who have more knowledge or experience than me. Snide comments about the operating system are not helpful.

Staras, Aug 2, 2015
  6. hoolahuup Win User
    I am having this same problem, have you found any solution yet? In my situation, Calculator does not work, OneDrive does not work, Store does not work, Photos does not work, but Paint and Settings do work. I can run Edge, Cortana and Chrome just fine as well. I have tried The command:

Code: Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}[/quote] But it results in many errors, and they all seem generic (nothing identifying enough to search)

Will continue to search, but trying to ask for help as well.

hoolahuup, Aug 5, 2015
  7. I am almost at the point of going back to Win 8. So fed up with loosing the apps I have got to know and love!!

FeistyFifer, Aug 10, 2015
  8. LarryN Win User

I too am having this problem. Everything was fine last evening, today there was an update and now my 3rd party apps will not open.

LarryN, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - release version: Some apps won't launch - Similar Threads - release version apps

2. Windows Scan app won't launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Scan app won't launch: Attempting to launch the Windows Scan app and receive the following error: "Windows cannot find 'C:\Windows\system32\wfs.exe'. Make sure you type the name correctly and then try again." Of course, I didn't type anything, much less incorrectly, I simply typed scan in the...
  3. Windows Scan app won't launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Scan app won't launch: Attempting to launch the Windows Scan app and receive the following error: "Windows cannot find 'C:\Windows\system32\wfs.exe'. Make sure you type the name correctly and then try again." Of course, I didn't type anything, much less incorrectly, I simply typed scan in the...
  4. Roblox windows 10 app won't launch

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Roblox windows 10 app won't launch: Roblox closes immediately after launching microsoft store app.I tried the steps shown here:Roblox App Crashes upon Launching on Windows 10 - Microsoft CommunityAny other quick tests that I could try?...
  5. some application won't launch at all

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    some application won't launch at all: i have a problem where some of my application like malwarebyte won't open it would open then closes itself without any error message this included msconfig and attempting to run setup to reset the pc will crash the setup app running sfc and dism says everyyhing is fine and...
  6. Setting app won't launch in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting app won't launch in Windows 10: I am working on a Acer laptop with Windows 10. I did a disk clean up and now the settings app won't open. When I got to the start menu and select it, it appears on the task bar but the window doesn't open. If I hover over the settings icon the settings page appears but when I...
  7. some of my games won't launch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    some of my games won't launch: A week ago I tried launching cod MW on my pc and it just won't start, no error, nothing just goes from "LAUNCHING" to "PLAY", today I've experienced the same issue with CSGO. Both games worked fine before, tried verifying files and tried disabling Windows 10 antivirus....
  8. Most Recent Windows 10 version won't launch?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Most Recent Windows 10 version won't launch?: On October 1st my computer initiated a random shutdown sequence without any warning while I was in the middle of working. I powered down my PC via my motherboard before the soft shutdown was finished and restarted my PC, everything seemed to be fine. I ran a full /C virus,...
  9. Some apps not launching after windows 10 update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Some apps not launching after windows 10 update: I have failed to launch some of my apps on start after updating my windows. Nothing happens when I click on them. Some apps are opening but some are not including microsoft store and powershell - yes, i tried the troubleshooting before...
  10. Some apps failing to launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some apps failing to launch: This is a repeat of an earlier posting which seems to have a solved tick, when it has not been solved. Any suggestions welcome I had an update to windows a few days ago. Now some of the apps are not launching. The following work as normal: Settings, calculator, paint,...