Windows 10: Windows 10 reliability patch issued again ahead of the next major update

Discus and support Windows 10 reliability patch issued again ahead of the next major update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 version 21H2 and Windows 11 version 21H2 are expected to launch in the month of October as an optional update for consumers. Ahead of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 11, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 reliability patch issued again ahead of the next major update

Windows 10 version 21H2 and Windows 11 version 21H2 are expected to launch in the month of October as an optional update for consumers. Ahead of the big month, some users are now seeing a new patch to prepare their desktop for the big update.

The patch is titled KB4023057 and it has been released several times by the tech giant following the initial rollout in 2018. KB4023057 is a small download and it aims to make the Windows Update process more reliable by addressing potential issues with Windows Registry and the operating system.

According to the support document, this patch was last modified on August 18 and it seems to have started rolling out to more users this week. In theory, you can safely apply the update and there’ll be no issues. As per Microsoft, KB4023057 (Update for Windows 10 Update Service components) can also attempt to free space on your PC.

KB4023057 comes bundled with Microsoft Update Health Tools, which is used by the tech giant to repair the registry or disable the registry settings incorrectly blocking your important Windows Update.

• It may attempt to compress files to make room for the upcoming feature update and important updates. If a file or folder has been improved by the update, they will appear with two blue arrows in the user profile directory.
    • The update will display a warning if the device is running low on space.
    • New options will help appear to help users clean up disk space so you can install the update on your device easily when it is low on disk space.
    • Microsoft will attempt to reset network settings if problems are detected or if they’ve been configured to block updates incorrectly.
    • It will also clean up registry keys preventing updates.
    • It will repair disabled or corrupted Windows components preventing updates on your device.
    • It may reset the Windows Update database.

This patch will appear only if it is required for your PC.

Windows 10 version 21H2 is around the corner

Windows 10 version 21H2 will be available for everyone already running version 21H1 (May 2021 Update). On the other hand, Windows 11 will be offered to devices with eighth-gen processors and newer.

Microsoft is also testing a new feature in Windows 10 version 21H2 to promote Windows 11 and supported PCs would see a message in Windows Update. The message states that “This PC can run Windows 11”, but specific rollout timing can vary as the upgrade gets ready for you.

Windows 10 version 21H2 is set to launch in October alongside Windows 11 and it’s currently available to testers in the Windows Insider program.

The post Windows 10 reliability patch issued again ahead of the next major update appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 11, 2021
  2. malware Win User

Windows Vista Compatibility, Reliability, and Stability Patch Released

Following the DirectX 9.0C November patch, Microsoft has also released a new update for Windows Vista that improves the compatibility, reliability, and stability of the OS. Download links for Vista 32-bit and Vista 64-bit.

This update includes the following improvements:
    • It extends the battery life for mobile devices.
    • It improves the stability of portable computers and of desktop computers that use an uninterruptable power supply (UPS).
    • It improves the reliability of Windows Vista when you open the menu of a startup application.
    • It improves the stability of wireless network services.
    • It shortens the startup time of Windows Vista by using a better timing structure.
    • It shortens the recovery time after Windows Vista experiences a period of inactivity.
    • It shortens the recovery time when you try to exit the Photos screen saver.
    • It improves the stability of Windows PowerShell.
    This update also resolves the following issues in Windows Vista:
    • A compatibility issue that affects some third-party antivirus software applications.
    • A reliability issue that occurs when a Windows Vista-based computer uses certain network driver configurations.
    Source: Microsoft

malware, Sep 11, 2021
  3. btarunr Win User
    Next Major Windows 10 Update Named "Spring Creators Update"

The next Windows 10 service pack major update has been named "Spring Creators Update." Windows Insider Program users toying with Build 17618 of the operating system spotted a listing of all the major updates of Windows 10 known to the build, when running "Get-VMHostSupportedVersion" in Power Shell. The last entry reads "Microsoft Windows 10 Spring Creators Update 1803." The version number (1803 in this case), often coincides with the public release date of the update. The Fall Creators Update 1709, released in 2017-09 (September) to Insiders. Going by that convenion, Spring Creators Update could see a "branded" Insider preview build this month, 2018-03 (March), with a public release usually 3-4 weeks after, presumably before Summer kicks in.

Windows 10 reliability patch issued again ahead of the next major update pEBOXRTl55rNtJHh_thm.jpg

btarunr, Sep 11, 2021
  4. Windows 10 reliability patch issued again ahead of the next major update

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Sep 11, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 reliability patch issued again ahead of the next major update

1. Windows 10 reliability patch issued again ahead of the next major update - Similar Threads - reliability patch issued

2. Major Issue after Sept Patch Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Major Issue after Sept Patch Installation: I run a Dell Latitude 5490 laptop with Windows 11. It was fully patched and updated with all necessary hardware updates. I installed the September patches and now I own a pretty brick.The Operating system boots and loads. The time/date screen appears but the logon window...
  3. Major Issue after Sept Patch Installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Major Issue after Sept Patch Installation: I run a Dell Latitude 5490 laptop with Windows 11. It was fully patched and updated with all necessary hardware updates. I installed the September patches and now I own a pretty brick.The Operating system boots and loads. The time/date screen appears but the logon window...
  4. Major Issues With Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Major Issues With Windows 10 Update: I've tried what seems like everything and nothing has worked. My Windows REFUSES to update and I have no idea what could be wrong. When I run sfs scan it says I need to restart my pc so Ill do that but it just says it again after; It gives me this error notification when I...
  5. Major Issues With Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Major Issues With Windows 10 Update: I've tried what seems like everything and nothing has worked. My Windows REFUSES to update and I have no idea what could be wrong. When I run sfs scan it says I need to restart my pc so Ill do that but it just says it again after; It gives me this error notification when I...
  6. Major Issues With Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. New Windows 10 reliability patch preps users for future updates

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 reliability patch preps users for future updates: Windows 10’s May 2021 Update is now widely available and some users are seeing a new reliability patch offered on their devices running version 21H1 and older. This reliability patch will prepare your devices for the upcoming cumulative updates or big feature updates. The...
  8. Windows 10 just got another surprise patch ahead of next big update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 just got another surprise patch ahead of next big update: Windows 10 version 21H1 is around the corner and Microsoft has now started rolling out a new patch ‘KB4023057’ to prepare devices for the next big update. KB4023057 is a mandatory update for ‘Windows 10 Update Service components’ and it has been designed to fix issues with...
  9. Everything new in Windows 10’s next major update

in Windows 10 News
    Everything new in Windows 10’s next major update: The next big update ’20H1′ for Windows 10 has been finalized, as we already know, but Microsoft is planning to test the update for another few months before rolling it out to the general public. In November 2019, Microsoft said that Windows 10 20H1 will be known as version...
  10. SKIP AHEAD TO NEXT WINDOW RELEASE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SKIP AHEAD TO NEXT WINDOW RELEASE: When I select this option it, automatically reverted. My Question is When SKIP AHEAD TO WINDOW RELEASE will OPEN, because now it's closed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/skip-ahead-to-next-window-release/660431cb-4fa0-49bc-9ba4-55279ee282d3