Windows 10: windows 10 reload? Cannot locate Microsoft Serial Number.

Discus and support windows 10 reload? Cannot locate Microsoft Serial Number. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I cannot access windows 10 Pro because the computer starts placing a string of dash's in the input bar. Tried the latest update and it is still the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NoelVaughn, Jun 10, 2021.

1. windows 10 reload? Cannot locate Microsoft Serial Number.

I cannot access windows 10 Pro because the computer starts placing a string of dash's in the input bar. Tried the latest update and it is still the same. Go to the start menu and left click I get no listing of aps. If I ight click I can get to the next level of input until I have to choose with the left click and from there I am at a loss because I lose control. I think I found the Software's number but am not sure because this information has been upgraded many times.All I can see is a reload and rebuild, but how do I get a clean copy of windows 10 Pro?

:)

NoelVaughn, Jun 10, 2021

2. Windows 10 serial on OEM

So I'll summarize steps made...

1. Saved serial number (taken with Belarc Advisory) from preinstalled (half chinese language) Windows 8.1 (don't know exactly the version, suspect Windows 8.1 with bing) on tablet
    2. Formatted tablet
    3. Tried to make a clean Windows 10 (HOME, HOME N and also PRO, everytime with the same result) install with ISO taken with MediaCreationTool, during install (and also after completing installation) it says that the saved serial is not valid
    4. Tried to reinstall Windows 8.1 (ISO taken with MediaCreationTool again) HOME, it says that the serial is not valid

So i suspect that the saved serial, is from a WINDOWS 8.1 WITH BING OEM version and this kind of ISO is not accessible/downloadable anywhere (at least I can't find it, any suggestion?)

Still not tried SHOWKEY with that serial, I am in office now, and the serial is saved on a usb pen at home, will try this evening.

So I'm stucked but if everything is like I suspect, it's incredible. If I have a tablet/notebook/netbook with Windows 8 preinstalled, it seems that I can update to Windows 10 without problems, but if I want to make a clean Windows 10 install that serial is not valid...

CapitanCatarro, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Serial number

The serial number should be on a sticker somewhere on the desktop.

You can also go into the BIOS to find the serial number.

This link has the info, it says laptop, but should be the same steps:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00034791

tamara_sadel, Jun 10, 2021
  4. windows 10 reload? Cannot locate Microsoft Serial Number.

Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

windows 10 reload? Cannot locate Microsoft Serial Number.

1. windows 10 reload? Cannot locate Microsoft Serial Number. - Similar Threads - reload Cannot locate

2. Cannot add device to Microsoft account as serial number not recognised

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot add device to Microsoft account as serial number not recognised: Bought a new laptop today and tried to add the device to my microsoft account. Entered the serial number but its not recognised. Serial number is definitely correct as copied from device. Any ideas?...
  3. Invalid Serial Number?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Invalid Serial Number?: I removed my laptop from Devices fairly recently, but now I need it back onto Devices but when I entered the serial code it said that it doesn't recognize the serial code and that I need to try again. I double checked by checking the back of the laptop, and even triple...
  4. Serial number win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Serial number win 10: So basically my serial number it is not working at all why that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/serial-number-win-10/0489926b-62e5-4240-9bab-0b60bb43db18
  5. Remove Serial number

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove Serial number: Random question, does anyone know how to brute remove a serial number off a PC? ( I mean the devices factory serial number) submitted by /u/Natural_Cockroach732 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jqnv0l/remove_serial_number/
  6. Computer Serial Number

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer Serial Number: Is it safe to put my computer serial number into the Microsoft help app or the HP support. I don't want anybody to get onto my computer. I already put my serial number into the HP support site that came with my computer....
  7. TRACKING WITH SERIAL NUMBER

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TRACKING WITH SERIAL NUMBER: I am Hussain Shihabdeen from Qatar Recently i lost my laptop Dell Latitude E6430 device i have only serial number of the laptop how to track the location with serial number. i mean is there any methods to get notification from the device when connect to internet i haven't...
  8. Lenovo Laptop Windows 10 Serial Number

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lenovo Laptop Windows 10 Serial Number: Hi I purchased a few laptops from the Microsoft Store - online some time back. One of the Laptops needed to be factory reset, and after having done this, the Windows is giving me a "Not Genuine". Asking for the Serial Number, but I don't see any Windows Serial Number on...
  9. Windows 10 Serial Number

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Serial Number: Just bought an SSD, planning on reinstalling Win10 on it. I can't use CMD, so... Is the "Product ID" the same as the Serial number/Product key? Edit: Solved, thanks to everyone...
  10. Find Serial Number of Windows PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find Serial Number of Windows PC: How to: Find Serial Number of Windows PC How to Find Serial Number of Windows PC Sometimes abbreviated as Serial No., SN or S/N, a serial number is a unique number assigned to the PC by the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) used for identification and inventory...