Windows 10: Windows 10 remaining battery life display

Discus and support Windows 10 remaining battery life display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop's display of remaining battery life has disappeared from the desktop task bar. How do I return the display to the task bar?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WilsonStafford, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Windows 10 remaining battery life display

My laptop's display of remaining battery life has disappeared from the desktop task bar. How do I return the display to the task bar?

:)

WilsonStafford, Jan 27, 2019

2. Bluetooth Mouse Battery Life

Last week Windows 10 notified me on my Surface Pro that the battery life in my Bluetooth mouse was getting low. Clicking the notification in the action centre opened a window that showed me the batter life remaining in the mouse as well as the battery
    life remaining in the surface pen. I have since changed the batteries in the mouse but I can't seem to find a way to access that window displaying current battery life on the surface pen and mouse. Anyone know where I can find this when the devices are getting
    dangerously low on power?

McBrettorrson, Jan 27, 2019
  3. The battery life

Hi boerab61,

Battery life varies from phone model to phone model, even when they're from the same OEM. For instance, the HTC Titan II has a different battery life than a HTC HD7. However, your particular battery life can be varied depending on several factors:

• Strength of your phone carrier signal. If you're in areas of low or terrible coverage, then your phone will consume more energy trying to maintain a connection with a cell tower.
    • High usage of GPS can also drain the battery quickly because the GPS sensor consumes a lot of energy. By the way, if you are using GPS a lot, you can actually improve battery life by leaving WiFi on, as Windows Phone can quickly pull geolocation info from
      WiFi routers, even if you're not connected to them.
    With that in mind, here's some suggestions to try to extend the life of your battery.

Reduce the load on your battery:

• Decrease screen brightness.

• Set Timeout duration on Backlight.

• Set Auto-Off Timeout duration for 1 minute or less (device turns off).
    • Throttle down your CPU speed.

• Remove external devices (SD Cards, etc)
    Turn off appropriate radios on your device:

• Turn off Bluetooth transceiver when not in use.

• Turn off WiFi transceiver when not in use (except when using GPS).

• Turn off GPS receiver when not in use.

• Turn off Cell transceiver when not in use.
    Change the way you do things with your device:

• Minimize media playback use.
    • Minimize use of e-mail and browsing.

• Once in a while (every few weeks), drain battery until dead, then recharge 100%
    • Keep a spare charger in your car and/or office.

Again, these are the ways you can consume battery life and yes, some are extreme but if you're serious about conserving your phone's battery, these are some great suggestions.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Jan 27, 2019
  4. Windows 10 remaining battery life display

The battery life

Hi boerab61,

Battery life varies from phone model to phone model, even when they're from the same OEM. For instance, the HTC Titan II has a different battery life than a HTC HD7. However, your particular battery life can be varied depending on several factors:

• Strength of your phone carrier signal. If you're in areas of low or terrible coverage, then your phone will consume more energy trying to maintain a connection with a cell tower.
    • High usage of GPS can also drain the battery quickly because the GPS sensor consumes a lot of energy. By the way, if you are using GPS a lot, you can actually improve battery life by leaving WiFi on, as Windows Phone can quickly pull geolocation info from
      WiFi routers, even if you're not connected to them.
    With that in mind, here's some suggestions to try to extend the life of your battery.

Reduce the load on your battery:

• Decrease screen brightness.

• Set Timeout duration on Backlight.

• Set Auto-Off Timeout duration for 1 minute or less (device turns off).
    • Throttle down your CPU speed.

• Remove external devices (SD Cards, etc)
    Turn off appropriate radios on your device:

• Turn off Bluetooth transceiver when not in use.

• Turn off WiFi transceiver when not in use (except when using GPS).

• Turn off GPS receiver when not in use.

• Turn off Cell transceiver when not in use.
    Change the way you do things with your device:

• Minimize media playback use.
    • Minimize use of e-mail and browsing.

• Once in a while (every few weeks), drain battery until dead, then recharge 100%
    • Keep a spare charger in your car and/or office.

Again, these are the ways you can consume battery life and yes, some are extreme but if you're serious about conserving your phone's battery, these are some great suggestions.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 remaining battery life display

1. Windows 10 remaining battery life display - Similar Threads - remaining battery life

2. Battery health report in Windows, what is remaining battery life?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery health report in Windows, what is remaining battery life?: Hi in my Laptop, Windows 10, I checked the Battery health and got a report.I wonder if anyone can tell what is the battery remaining life at the endingpart of the health report:"Current estimate of battery life based on all observed drains since OS installSince OS install...
  3. Battery health report in Windows, what is remaining battery life?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery health report in Windows, what is remaining battery life?: Hi in my Laptop, Windows 10, I checked the Battery health and got a report.I wonder if anyone can tell what is the battery remaining life at the endingpart of the health report:"Current estimate of battery life based on all observed drains since OS installSince OS install...
  4. Battery health report in Windows, what is remaining battery life?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. battery life

battery life: How to get more battery life when not on the charger? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/f3b2c933-8858-437c-a547-63b7a31e7ed9
  6. battery life

battery life: what is the approx. life of the battery in my HP ENVY x360 touchsmart laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/782d5872-5675-4c2f-8ea6-ebed16048580
  7. Battery life

Battery life: kindly i need your support after i upgraded my windows to windows 10 the battery get drained while the pc is off and i don't know what to do for that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/07efec83-d943-4a1c-8b58-842af7ce93ba
  8. Enable or Disable Battery Life Estimated Time Remaining in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Battery Life Estimated Time Remaining in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Battery Life Estimated Time Remaining in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Battery Life Estimated Time Remaining in Windows 10 The Power icon on the taskbar notification area is your battery level indicator for your Windows 10 device (ex:...
  9. Battery life with windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery life with windows 10: Initially battery life increased for my laptop ASUS S400CA from 2:35 to 3:35. Now it has come down to 2:30. In between I changed battery saver from 100 to 60. Now again I changed to 100. Still battery life is going down. I would like to know about other users exp. Any...
  10. Activating "power saver" actually reduces remaining battery life

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Activating "power saver" actually reduces remaining battery life: For me activating the battery saver from the taskbar always sets me back, for example: If I have around if 56 minutes remaining then activating power saver would probably set me back to 48 minutes remaining. And the brightness does reduce which is strange. Why would this...