Windows 10: Windows 10 Remote Assistance Tool shows Black screen on my end.

Discus and support Windows 10 Remote Assistance Tool shows Black screen on my end. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi! I am having an issue with the Windows Remote Assistance Tool on Windows 10. These are the steps I follow: 1) I receive an invitation file from... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MahadUddin, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Remote Assistance Tool shows Black screen on my end.

Hi!

I am having an issue with the Windows Remote Assistance Tool on Windows 10. These are the steps I follow:

1) I receive an invitation file from the other user.

2) I open it and am prompted to enter a password.

3) The other user tells me the password, I enter it and it "Attempts to Connect"

4) The other user is prompted to give me access to their computer.

5) After they hit yes, It shows connected but on my end I can only see the Black Screen.

On my end I only see a black screen, where as the other user is able to see me moving their mouse pointer all around the screen and interacting with icons on their desktop. (after requesting control, ofcourse).

So I don't understand as to why I can't see anything on my end where as they can see me clicking on stuff etc.

Please help me out, as this is necessary for me in my work environment as I have to remote into many users and help them solve their issues.

:)

MahadUddin, Jul 2, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Jul 2, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Remote Assistance Tool shows Black screen on my end.

Remote Assistance

Hi Darlene,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Are the computers connected to domain?

• Which edition of Windows 10 is installed in your computer?
    Reference: Meanwhile you may follow the suggestions in the below article and check if it helps. With Remote Desktop Connection, you can sit at a PC and connect to another PC in a different location (the remote
    PC).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/remote-desktop-connection-faq#1TC=windows-8

Note: You may open the Start menu and click on search bar to access search bar. Except the search bar option, everything will work in Windows 10 as suggested in the above article. You may not access some of
    the computers if they are connected to domain. If you can see the sign-in screen of the remote PC but you can't sign in, you might not have been added to the Remote Desktop Users Group or to any group with administrator rights on the remote
    PC. Ask your system admin to do this for you.

If the computers are connected to domain, you may post your query in Microsoft TechNet forum. We have a dedicated team with advanced tools and permissions to help you with this type of issues. I suggest you to post the same
    query in Microsoft TechNet forum for further assistance with this issue.

Technet forums - Windows 10 IT Pro

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Remote Assistance Tool shows Black screen on my end.

1. Windows 10 Remote Assistance Tool shows Black screen on my end. - Similar Threads - Remote Assistance Tool

2. Unable to take Remote assistance MSRA to the end user.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to take Remote assistance MSRA to the end user.: Hi Team, We are facing an issue with MSRA being unable to take assistance to the users May I know which network port should we need to enable for this? Kindly guide us on this issue....
  3. Unable to take Remote assistance MSRA to the end user.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to take Remote assistance MSRA to the end user.: Hi Team, We are facing an issue with MSRA being unable to take assistance to the users May I know which network port should we need to enable for this? Kindly guide us on this issue....
  4. Windows Remote Assistance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Remote Assistance: Hello,I am trying to assist a user using Windows 8.1. I am using the latest Windows 11. When the user sends me an email with the file from Remote Assistance, I open it and enter the password but it says the connection cannot be made.Remote Assistance is enabled on both...
  5. Windows Remote Assistance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Remote Assistance: Hello,I am trying to assist a user using Windows 8.1. I am using the latest Windows 11. When the user sends me an email with the file from Remote Assistance, I open it and enter the password but it says the connection cannot be made.Remote Assistance is enabled on both...
  6. Windows Remote Assistance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Remote Assistance: Someone at the Microsoft assistance desk is not authorized to use a Remote Desktop session. Why not? [ATTACH] That's the 6 hour pass above. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlSWPJi5lbz55T-WOiCjkF4uNy1l?e=g67NGy That's the invitation file above. They gave me a strange link to LogMeIn...
  7. Remote assistance

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remote assistance: My pc was suffering from continuous incomplete updates. I contacted Microsoft and a technician tried to assist remotely on my pc. Whilst trying to solve the issues she uninstalled the wifi driver so I now have no internet connection. The wifi was infact working perfectly...
  8. remote assistance

in Windows 10 Customization
    remote assistance: What happens when I enable remote assistance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-assistance/cb5205e8-e974-42b6-b23a-afb413d11b49
  9. Windows Remote Assistance

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Remote Assistance: hi, we are using domain computer with AV as trend micro. if we try to use Windows remote assistance it wont open in client or it doesn't works, the same works perfect if the AV is disabled in network adapter. can we know which all ports need to be oped for the usage of...
  10. Remote Assistance with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Assistance with Windows 10: My friend would like my Remote Assistance. We both have Windows 10. He is able to go through the following procedure. ----- 1. Go to Control Panel. --- 2. Open "Systems and Security" ----- 3. Click on "Launch Remote Assistance". ---- 4. Click on "Invite someone you trust to...