Windows 10: Windows 10 Remote Assistance Tool shows Black screen on my end.

Discus and support Windows 10 Remote Assistance Tool shows Black screen on my end. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi! I am having an issue with the Windows Remote Assistance Tool on Windows 10. These are the steps I follow: 1) I receive an invitation file from... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MahadUddin, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Remote Assistance Tool shows Black screen on my end.

Hi!

I am having an issue with the Windows Remote Assistance Tool on Windows 10. These are the steps I follow:

1) I receive an invitation file from the other user.

2) I open it and am prompted to enter a password.

3) The other user tells me the password, I enter it and it "Attempts to Connect"

4) The other user is prompted to give me access to their computer.

5) After they hit yes, It shows connected but on my end I can only see the Black Screen.

On my end I only see a black screen, where as the other user is able to see me moving their mouse pointer all around the screen and interacting with icons on their desktop. (after requesting control, ofcourse).

So I don't understand as to why I can't see anything on my end where as they can see me clicking on stuff etc.

Please help me out, as this is necessary for me in my work environment as I have to remote into many users and help them solve their issues.

:)

MahadUddin, Jul 2, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Jul 2, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Remote Assistance Tool shows Black screen on my end.

Remote Assistance

Hi Darlene,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Are the computers connected to domain?

• Which edition of Windows 10 is installed in your computer?
    Reference: Meanwhile you may follow the suggestions in the below article and check if it helps. With Remote Desktop Connection, you can sit at a PC and connect to another PC in a different location (the remote
    PC).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/remote-desktop-connection-faq#1TC=windows-8

Note: You may open the Start menu and click on search bar to access search bar. Except the search bar option, everything will work in Windows 10 as suggested in the above article. You may not access some of
    the computers if they are connected to domain. If you can see the sign-in screen of the remote PC but you can't sign in, you might not have been added to the Remote Desktop Users Group or to any group with administrator rights on the remote
    PC. Ask your system admin to do this for you.

If the computers are connected to domain, you may post your query in Microsoft TechNet forum. We have a dedicated team with advanced tools and permissions to help you with this type of issues. I suggest you to post the same
    query in Microsoft TechNet forum for further assistance with this issue.

Technet forums - Windows 10 IT Pro

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Remote Assistance Tool shows Black screen on my end.

1. Windows 10 Remote Assistance Tool shows Black screen on my end. - Similar Threads - Remote Assistance Tool

2. Remote Desktop black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remote Desktop black screen: After installing update 1903 on second computer I get a black screen when remote desktop connects. Tried rolling back video driver which took me back to a Microsoft basic driver from 2006 but only offers 1024x768 for best setting. This causes programs to be so large you can...
  3. Microsoft Remote Assistance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Remote Assistance: Microsoft Remote Assistance not working after update 1809 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-remote-assistance/215f6e93-6b43-4b20-a5ce-3bc0d3382a36
  4. Windows Remote Assistance

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Remote Assistance: hi, we are using domain computer with AV as trend micro. if we try to use Windows remote assistance it wont open in client or it doesn't works, the same works perfect if the AV is disabled in network adapter. can we know which all ports need to be oped for the usage of...
  5. Windows Remote Assistance Box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Remote Assistance Box: Does anyone know how to increase the size of the Windows Remote Assistance box? I would like to be able to see more of the history? Thanks, 127672
  6. Windows Remote Assistance Box

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Remote Assistance Box: Does anyone know how to increase the size of the Windows Remote Assistance box? I would like to be able to see more of the history? Thanks, 127672
  7. remote assistance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    remote assistance: what is the easiest way to offer remote assistance from a windows 10 computer to a windows 8 computer? is there a way to connect the two if the receiving windows 8 computer can not access their email or can not grasp the concept of sending an invitation?...
  8. remote deskop black screen

remote deskop black screen: hello i have one PC , and i want to access it through RDP, when i connect it shows login screen and i put my credentials, after its gives me black screen note : all required ports are opened it was work before all RDP setting is allowed and its allowed from firewall...
  9. Remote Assistance with Windows 10

Remote Assistance with Windows 10: My friend would like my Remote Assistance. We both have Windows 10. He is able to go through the following procedure. ----- 1. Go to Control Panel. --- 2. Open "Systems and Security" ----- 3. Click on "Launch Remote Assistance". ---- 4. Click on "Invite someone you trust to...
  10. remote computer ends up on the lock screen

remote computer ends up on the lock screen: I have related issue. Every time Windows 10 forces a critical update. The computer ends up on the lock screen instead of finishing loading as it does on normal restart. It's a problem becuase the computer is remote location. So every time critical update happens. I blocked...