Windows 10: Windows 10 Remote Desktop App can't connect to Windows 2012 Server - but RDP can!

Discus and support Windows 10 Remote Desktop App can't connect to Windows 2012 Server - but RDP can! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can connect to a remote Server 2012 R2 using RDP. When I try and use the Windows 10 Remote Desktop app the connection always fails with 'Could't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Graham Macrae, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Remote Desktop App can't connect to Windows 2012 Server - but RDP can!

I can connect to a remote Server 2012 R2 using RDP.

When I try and use the Windows 10 Remote Desktop app the connection always fails with 'Could't Connect'.

Windoes 10 App can connect sucesfully to my local server and two other remote servers running Windows Server 2019 - so it appears to be Server 2012 R2 releated.

:)

Graham Macrae, Mar 3, 2020
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Remote Desktop limit to 2 screens?

Is it possible to limit Remote Desktop in Windows 10 to only use 2 out of 3 screens connected to a pc?

Remote Desktop is to a Windows 2012 Server.

puma99dk|, Mar 3, 2020
  3. EdTittel Win User
    Win10 won't connect to 2012 server with rdp

When RDP gets flaky like this, I find that going into System, Remote Settings, and then toggling the radio button for Remote Desktop often helps. That is, you'll click the radio button to "don't allow" then click apply, then click the radio button to "allow remote connections," then click apply again.

Windows 10 Remote Desktop App can't connect to Windows 2012 Server - but RDP can! [​IMG]

Don't ask me why, but it has restored RDP capability to me several times recently on both the Current Branch and on Insider Preview editions of Windows 10. Perhaps it might help you as well?

Here's hoping so!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Remote Desktop App can't connect to Windows 2012 Server - but RDP can!

Windows 7 and Remote Desktop Connection

It is a Windows server that they are connecting too. Also forgot to mention in my previous post that it isnt for personal use its for business use. So they'd have to pay for the licensing.

As for the RDP being limited to two users, its never been a problem with them in the past. In fact, there are 3 total IP's that they can remote into and use. As for how many connections are limited per IP, I am unsure. We dont have control over that since it is not our server. I assume since there are 3 IP options to choose from so the users can do their work, each IP is stuck with 2 users per IP.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Remote Desktop App can't connect to Windows 2012 Server - but RDP can!

1. Windows 10 Remote Desktop App can't connect to Windows 2012 Server - but RDP can! - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop App

2. Windows 11 Client will not connect through Remote Desktop Gateway Server 2012 R2 to Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Client will not connect through Remote Desktop Gateway Server 2012 R2 to Windows...: I have been slowly testing Windows 11 well in advance of the Windows 10 EOL.I am stumped on a very specific issue.I am running Windows 11 Home machine. I use it to remotely access a Windows machine inside a local domain, through a Remote Desktop Gateway Server 2012 R2. I am...
  3. Windows 11 Client will not connect through Remote Desktop Gateway Server 2012 R2 to Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Client will not connect through Remote Desktop Gateway Server 2012 R2 to Windows...: I have been slowly testing Windows 11 well in advance of the Windows 10 EOL.I am stumped on a very specific issue.I am running Windows 11 Home machine. I use it to remotely access a Windows machine inside a local domain, through a Remote Desktop Gateway Server 2012 R2. I am...
  4. Windows Server 2022 RDP does not connect remote Printers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Server 2022 RDP does not connect remote Printers: Windows Server 2022 RDP does not connect remote Printers.The drivers are present, but the printers on the local PC via USB or network are not redirected to the RDP server.On the other hand, PDF printers, Notes are well redirected.If you have an idea or a solution.Merco...
  5. Windows Server 2022 RDP does not connect remote Printers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2022 RDP does not connect remote Printers: Windows Server 2022 RDP does not connect remote Printers.The drivers are present, but the printers on the local PC via USB or network are not redirected to the RDP server.On the other hand, PDF printers, Notes are well redirected.If you have an idea or a solution.Merco...
  6. Windows Server 2022 RDP does not connect remote Printers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Certain Windows PCs can no longer RDP to 2012 R2 server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain Windows PCs can no longer RDP to 2012 R2 server: Have a terminal server accessed by users in various remote offices. Nearly all connect via RDP over VPNs connecting the various routers. This has been the setup for years. Recently I have a few - and only a few PCs - that can no longer connect to the RDP. They can ping the...
  8. Windows 10 : Can't connect to a remote 2012 R2 server using service account

Windows 10 : Can't connect to a remote 2012 R2 server using service account: I was able to logon to a windows server 2012 from my windows 7 PC using a service account (which still works fine) but cannot logon through my new windows 10 PC. Any insight would be appreciated....
  9. Unable to RDP to a remote desktop on Windows 10

Unable to RDP to a remote desktop on Windows 10: When I try to open a remote desktop connection to another desktop I am seeing the following prompt that says "This computer cant connect to the remote computer. Try connecting again and if the problem persists contact the owner of the machine" Ping to the remote machine...
  10. Win10 won't connect to 2012 server with rdp

Win10 won't connect to 2012 server with rdp: One of the office computers I have running windows 10 Pro stopped connecting to 1 of our 2012Server using remote desktop connection (RDP). It will connect or other 2012 servers at different locations using different IP Addresses I have disabled the Firewall, Turned off...