Windows 10: Windows 10 remote desktop cannot remotely login to a Windows 7.

Discus and support Windows 10 remote desktop cannot remotely login to a Windows 7. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot remotely login from a Windows 10 machine (computer1) to Windows 7 machine (computer2) get the error "Remote Desktop cannot find the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ReyBernabe, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Windows 10 remote desktop cannot remotely login to a Windows 7.

I cannot remotely login from a Windows 10 machine (computer1) to Windows 7 machine (computer2) get the error "Remote Desktop cannot find the computer "computer2". This might mean the "computer2" does not belong to the specified network. Verify the computer name and domain that you trying to connect to. I restarted remote desktop service and make sure "allow connections from computer running any version of remote desktop" and "Allow remote assistance connection to this computer " is enable from Windows 7 machine. Any ideas why Windows 10 machine cannot remote to a Windows 7?

:)

ReyBernabe, Jul 1, 2019

2. Windows 7 Remote Desktop

I was wondering if it's possible to change Windows Remote Desktop port number? I believe it uses port 3389. A friend of mine wants to connect to his work computer from home, but it's not possible because port 3389 hasn't been forwarded. And he does not have access to do so. Teamviewer works perfectly fine, but he prefers Remote Desktop

GoFigureItOut, Jul 1, 2019
  3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Jul 1, 2019
  4. techpun Win User

Windows 10 remote desktop cannot remotely login to a Windows 7.

Remote Desktop Options

I have Windows 7 machine which is on 24/7 which I would like to remote into with security and ease kept in mind. What are your suggestions? Is RDP good enough?

techpun, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 remote desktop cannot remotely login to a Windows 7.

1. Windows 10 remote desktop cannot remotely login to a Windows 7. - Similar Threads - remote desktop cannot

2. Remote Desktop login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop login: I use remote desktop frequently to access pcs on a lan. Using mixture of windows 10 and 11. When logging in remotely to a microsoft email account the rdp usually required the PIN not the password. I just set up a new win 11 pro and it requires the password when I log on to it...
  3. Remote Desktop login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop login: I use remote desktop frequently to access pcs on a lan. Using mixture of windows 10 and 11. When logging in remotely to a microsoft email account the rdp usually required the PIN not the password. I just set up a new win 11 pro and it requires the password when I log on to it...
  4. Remote Desktop Login Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Login Failed: I just purchased a new Windows 11 system and I am using another Windows 11 system on my laptop to access the system through remote desktop and I get an error that says that the login failed. Something in the new Windows 11 system is blocking logins from remote desktop:I am...
  5. Remote Desktop Login Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Login Failed: I just purchased a new Windows 11 system and I am using another Windows 11 system on my laptop to access the system through remote desktop and I get an error that says that the login failed. Something in the new Windows 11 system is blocking logins from remote desktop:I am...
  6. Remote Desktop - Can't login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop - Can't login: I'm using a Mac trying to connect to a PC.I get a certificate error:The certificate couldn't be verified back to the root certificate.I have the option to continue, and I do.The PC then won't accept my login credentials for my main account.It will accept it for a user account...
  7. Cannot Login To Windows from Remote Desktop on Mac OS

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot Login To Windows from Remote Desktop on Mac OS: Hello,I am running into an issue with a pc we have in our studio that I am trying to connect to using Microsoft Remote Desktop app on a Mac. Mac OS 11.4; MRD v10.6.7; 1896 Windows 10 pro 2004 19041.1052I am using Remote Desktop to connect to a pc from my MacBook Pro, both in...
  8. Remote Desktop Windows 10 to Windows 7 computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Windows 10 to Windows 7 computer: I am attempting to connect to a Windows 7 system from a Windows 10 system. The computers are connected to the internet via Mobile Hotspot from my Android cellphone. The connection is initiated and the Windows 7 screen switchs to a log on screen. The Windows 10 screen...
  9. Remote Desktop w/ Pin - Cannot Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remote Desktop w/ Pin - Cannot Login: Connected thru a VPN to remote desktop. User1 cannot login using pin and cannot get the pin option to show-up. Only password and it says the password is wrong, but it is not. If remotely connect to same PC with my account, the PIN option works and I can access the PC....
  10. fail to login remote desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    fail to login remote desktop: I have a windows server 2012R2, and have 2 local account for remote purpose (account A : with administrator group, account B : not in administrator group) when remote from a windows 7, everything works fine, but when remote from a windows 10, 1) only the account B is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to rdp adminrls belong to network