Windows 10: WINDOWS 10 - REMOTE DESKTOP NOT WORKING

Discus and support WINDOWS 10 - REMOTE DESKTOP NOT WORKING in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Been using the app for years. Have a Windows 7 Professional Laptop on a Wireless Network in the Office. Have just installed a Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CancerCrab101, Mar 2, 2019.

1. WINDOWS 10 - REMOTE DESKTOP NOT WORKING

Been using the app for years.

Have a Windows 7 Professional Laptop on a Wireless Network in the Office. Have just installed a Windows 10 Professional PC on a Hardline Connection.

Wrote a "Rule" in Norton to Trust the Laptop. Rule works as I can ping the Windows 10 Unit from the Windows 7 Unit. I have the IP Address of the Windows 10 Unit as well as the name provided. Remote Desktop on Windows 10 is turned on. What am I missing?

:)

CancerCrab101, Mar 2, 2019

2. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

WINDOWS 10 - REMOTE DESKTOP NOT WORKING

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

Kari, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

WINDOWS 10 - REMOTE DESKTOP NOT WORKING

1. WINDOWS 10 - REMOTE DESKTOP NOT WORKING - Similar Threads - REMOTE DESKTOP WORKING

2. Chrome Remote Desktop not working in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome Remote Desktop not working in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Is Chrome Remote Desktop not working for you? There are several causes that can lead to the Chrome Remote Desktop failing to function properly. For instance, there might be a glitch in the app or permission problems. This article will discuss the reasons and potential...
  3. Remote Desktop not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop not working: I can’t make the thing working I have it turned on the remote dektop and I have the pro version of system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-not-working/5a5525e9-ec3b-4d9d-87ea-6a3b12fabf6e
  4. Remote Desktop not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop not working: I can’t make the thing working I have it turned on the remote dektop and I have the pro version of system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-not-working/5a5525e9-ec3b-4d9d-87ea-6a3b12fabf6e
  5. Remote Desktop not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop not working: i can get Remote Desktop to work at home when the laptop client is inside my wifi zone but when i leave the building and leave my network my laptop cannot make a connection. am I getting blocked by the Arris TM822 or the Orbi RBR 50 or both. Should i forward the 3389...
  6. Remote Desktop Not Working

Remote Desktop Not Working: So this all happened since yesterday. before that everything was working normal and no issue were reported. My PC is not connecting my VPS1 & VPS2 , where i had installed Windows Server (12 and 19) for running apps. I also have a VPS3 with Windows Server 12 installed on...
  7. Windows 10 - Remote desktop connection is not working

Windows 10 - Remote desktop connection is not working: Windows 10 upgraded to 1903. When I access it now using Remote Desktop all I get is a black screen in the RDP windows. is there any solution to fix this issue?...
  8. Remote Desktop Not Working

Remote Desktop Not Working: Dear Windows,, I am using windows 10 home edition.After windows update I can not do remote desktop I install -- Windows 10 Home Single 64 bit version Please advice how to resolve this.. [img] 114406
  9. Remote Desktop Not Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remote Desktop Not Working: Dear Windows,, I am using windows 10 home edition.After windows update I can not do remote desktop I install -- Windows 10 Home Single 64 bit version Please advice how to resolve this.. [img] 114406
  10. Remote desktop not working in Windows 10?

Remote desktop not working in Windows 10?: Odd. I use No-ip, and have a registered host name that I have used in the past to connect to my Windows 8.1 system Since a clean install of Windows 10, I no longer can connect using the MS remote desktop app on my mac to my pc. I have allowed remote connections, and the port...