Windows 10: Windows 10 - Remote Desktop serves Black Screen

Discus and support Windows 10 - Remote Desktop serves Black Screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Windows 10, I am having an issue with Windows 10 - every day. But last 3-6 months, remote desktop connections fail with a black screen on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Humanitybar, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop serves Black Screen

Hi Windows 10,

I am having an issue with Windows 10 - every day.

But last 3-6 months, remote desktop connections fail with a black screen on my network!

Now I have started to feel true hate towards this OS, as this error, now seems to settle as a forever error that will stay?!

Issue is using RDP to other Windows10 device on my network, now serves a black screen after connection has been idle for some time - or it just turns black, just as i log in?!

I am able to remove black screen - only if disconnect, and reconnect. But again. After some time. I get a black screen again?!

As Windows continues with their disapointments towards the proffesionals on Windows10 since release.

This error in question, I really want fixed - to be working as it has always been - since the dark ages . RDP should just work! Every time - all the time.

So anyone - before I look up a lawyer to fight this - Please assist with the right trick to get this fixed......

Awaitng that true fix------ anyone?

:)

Humanitybar, Mar 14, 2019
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Remote Desktop limit to 2 screens?

Is it possible to limit Remote Desktop in Windows 10 to only use 2 out of 3 screens connected to a pc?

Remote Desktop is to a Windows 2012 Server.

puma99dk|, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop serves Black Screen

black screen

Hi Ken,

Black screen usually occurs to a Windows device if the system detected that there are some damaged drivers. For us to provide an effective solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the hardware of the PC before this issue occurred?
    • Did you encounter any error messages or error codes along with the black screen?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps provided in this
    link. The link serves as a guide on how to address black screen issue.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - Remote Desktop serves Black Screen

1. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop serves Black Screen - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop serves

2. Black screen on Remote Desktop and Remote Software VNC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Black screen on Remote Desktop and Remote Software VNC: HelloWe use RealVNC to remote in to our machine at the office it works the same as team viewer etc, but when we went to login today the screen was black. I can remote into another machine that is at the office so it isnt the internet and if I use RDP on that machine I still...
  3. Black screen when connected via Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen when connected via Remote Desktop: Hi,When connected via Remote DesktopRDP to Windows 10.0 19041, screen recording starts, but the screen is recorded black. Everything is fine on Windows 8.1. Help me please!...
  4. Windows 10 Version 1909 - Remote Desktop Application Black Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Version 1909 - Remote Desktop Application Black Screen: Recently, I updated my Windows 10 version to 1909. When using my remote desktop, I get a black screen. I'm not sure what the issue is or if there is a fix for this. I researched a ton of threads and tried a variety of potential fixes and nothing has worked for me. Anyone...
  5. Fix Windows 10 Remote Desktop Black Screen issues

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Windows 10 Remote Desktop Black Screen issues: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]According to some reports, using RDP or Remote Desktop Protocol on recent versions of Windows 10 results in a black screen. One encounters this issue is when using the Remote Desktop Connection feature on Windows 10. The real causes of [...] This post Fix...
  6. Windows 10 update causes black screen in Microsoft Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 update causes black screen in Microsoft Remote Desktop: Windows 10 May 2019 Update has a new issue with a small number of devices, specifically old monitors with outdated graphics drivers. We have spotted a number of posts on Microsoft’s own community forum and Feedback Hub made by users who have documented a black screen issue...
  7. Remote Desktop black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remote Desktop black screen: After installing update 1903 on second computer I get a black screen when remote desktop connects. Tried rolling back video driver which took me back to a Microsoft basic driver from 2006 but only offers 1024x768 for best setting. This causes programs to be so large you can...
  8. Windows 10 1903 (May update) black screen with Remote Desktop

Windows 10 1903 (May update) black screen with Remote Desktop: I upgraded my secondary machine from 1809 to 1903. When I access it now using Remote Desktop all I get is a black screen in the RDP windows. I then upgraded my primary machine to 1903 hoping that would help, but no. Fortunately I also have GoToAssist installed so I was able...
  9. Remote Desktop problem - Screen going black

Remote Desktop problem - Screen going black: I’m running Win10 1809.379 on my computer. Both computers that I’m using RDP to connect to are also on 1809.379. The problem starts when I connect to them both or either and then minimize them to the task bar, if it try to reopen them their screen goes black. Prior to...
  10. Remote Desktop problem - Screen going black

in Windows 10 Support
    Remote Desktop problem - Screen going black: I’m running Win10 1809.379 on my computer. Both computers that I’m using RDP to connect to are also on 1809.379. The problem starts when I connect to them both or either and then minimize them to the task bar, if it try to reopen them their screen goes black. Prior to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows10 remote desktop black screen

2. remote desktop freezes windows 10 1903

3. windows 10 rdp balck screen humanitybar