Windows 10: Windows 10 Remote Desktop to Windows 7 - NLA error

Discus and support Windows 10 Remote Desktop to Windows 7 - NLA error in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Has anyone gotten an authentication error when trying to remote from a Windows 10 Pro tablet to a Windows 7 pro desktop. Both have remote access... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KivaS, Feb 27, 2019.

1. KivaS Win User

Windows 10 Remote Desktop to Windows 7 - NLA error

Has anyone gotten an authentication error when trying to remote from a Windows 10 Pro tablet to a Windows 7 pro desktop.

Both have remote access turned on.

I checked to see if the RDP was allowed through the firewall and it is. Ran security updates on both machines. Any ideas?

:)

KivaS, Feb 27, 2019

2. RDP Connection to machine running Windows 7 Professional with NLA

I have upgraded to Windows 10 Home from Windows 7 Home. I need to connect via RDP through a VPN to a computer running Windows 7 Professional with NLA enabled. I was able to successfully do this running Windows 7 Home, I can no longer make this connection
    under Windows 10. I am connecting to my work computer, I can successfully connect to the work computer that is running Windows 7 Professional if NLA is turned off on the Windows 7 Professional machine however IT security requires NLA to be enabled. Any
    suggestions?

ESosnowski, Feb 27, 2019
  3. Windows 7 Remote Desktop

I was wondering if it's possible to change Windows Remote Desktop port number? I believe it uses port 3389. A friend of mine wants to connect to his work computer from home, but it's not possible because port 3389 hasn't been forwarded. And he does not have access to do so. Teamviewer works perfectly fine, but he prefers Remote Desktop

GoFigureItOut, Feb 27, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 Remote Desktop to Windows 7 - NLA error - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop NLA

2. Windows 11: Remote desktop error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: Remote desktop error: I have a windows VPN connection to connect to one of the customers. But the remote desktop is giving the below error:I have the same configuration on another PC Windows 10. There I am able to connect to the RDP.So, why am I getting this error on Windows 11? What could be the...
  3. Windows - Remote Desktop Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows - Remote Desktop Error: Hi Support,I appreciate your advice how to resolve this frequent happened issues on and off periodsThanks, Victor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-remote-desktop-error/e0f67982-1466-494e-8aff-7cea5576cbbd
  4. Remote Desktop for Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Desktop for Windows 10: I have been sent a link to access a remote desktop but every time I enter my password i get the "Your Credentials did not work" window.Can someone please help me resolve this problem....
  5. Remote Desktop Windows 10 to Windows 7 computer

Remote Desktop Windows 10 to Windows 7 computer: I am attempting to connect to a Windows 7 system from a Windows 10 system. The computers are connected to the internet via Mobile Hotspot from my Android cellphone. The connection is initiated and the Windows 7 screen switchs to a log on screen. The Windows 10 screen...
  6. Windows 10 Remote Desktop

Windows 10 Remote Desktop: Is it possible to use Remote Desktop on a Windows 10 Pro machine in order to connect to a Windows 10 Home machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-remote-desktop/9178b31c-5268-4e85-baa0-decb47605b13
  7. Windows 10 Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Remote Desktop: Does anyone know how to make it possible to remote to my desktop from anywhere? submitted by /u/Vincent_29392 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g0765h/windows_10_remote_desktop/
  8. Remote desktop on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Remote desktop on Windows 10: I am connecting to a windows 10 PRO machine using RDP (Remmina on Ubunut 18.04 LTS). It works without flaw except when I reboot the windows 10 machine I have to login to the machine using physical keyboard/screen. After that I can connect with the Remmina client, disconnect...
  9. Remote Desktop not working anymore on Windows 10 & Windows 7

Remote Desktop not working anymore on Windows 10 & Windows 7: Hi, since a few days, we have issues while trying to connect from Windows 7 & 10 clients to a Windows Server 2012R2 RD Farm. RD farm is composed of two RD session hosts + 1 RD Gateway. Windows 10 clients are build 1809. The clients and the servers are in different...
  10. Windows 10 remote desktop cannot remotely login to a Windows 7.

Windows 10 remote desktop cannot remotely login to a Windows 7.: I cannot remotely login from a Windows 10 machine (computer1) to Windows 7 machine (computer2) get the error "Remote Desktop cannot find the computer "computer2". This might mean the "computer2" does not belong to the specified network. Verify the computer name and domain...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 7 does not NLA windows 10

2. wwindows 10 rdp windows 7 requires nla

3. Windiws NLA over wlan

4. windows 7 nla,
  5. can windows 7 do nla,
  6. windows 7 nla rdp,
  7. windows 7 remote desktop error,
  8. nla killed rdp from win10 to win7,
  9. windows 7 and rdp to nla,
  10. rdp to win from win 7,
  11. remote desktop connection nla error,