Windows 10: Windows 10, Remote Desktop two monitors, program share issue

Discus and support Windows 10, Remote Desktop two monitors, program share issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a laptop i hooked up a second monitor to to remote into work with. I am able to see both monitors when remoted in but im only allowed to open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jsimpson2, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Jsimpson2 Win User

Windows 10, Remote Desktop two monitors, program share issue

I have a laptop i hooked up a second monitor to to remote into work with. I am able to see both monitors when remoted in but im only allowed to open programs on the primamry screen. I am unable to move any programs to the second monitor while i can move icons from the second monitor to the primary screen. Has anyone had this issue?

Its a brand new laptop just had it setup by IT.

we are unable to figure out why this is happening.

:)

Jsimpson2, Jul 27, 2020
  2. Phaewryn Win User

Remote Desktop, Windows 10, Need help with how to set up sharing

Yeah, I know it's a bad idea, but I was trying to get as open as I could to see if it was possible at all. It's back to only shared for my user now. Yeah, so that's it, this isn't a pro version of windows. Guess I'm back to the $350 KVM switch idea. My desk has no room for any more monitors.

Windows 10, Remote Desktop two monitors, program share issue sysprops-png.png

Phaewryn, Jul 27, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Remote Desktop, Windows 10, Need help with how to set up sharing

You have to set remote desktop to allow remote connections. This is completely different from sharing settings and sharing files in Windows. You also need Windows 10 Professional on the computer you want to remote control. These settings are not in Windows 10 Home edition.

Also, do not share your primary drive! This is a very bad idea.

Windows 10, Remote Desktop two monitors, program share issue upload_2016-11-10_17-31-35-png.png

newtekie1, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Windows 10, Remote Desktop two monitors, program share issue

Remote Desktop missing in Allow Apps Through Firewall on Windows 10

Hi Brian,

To isolate the issue, please provide the following information:

• How did you enable Remote Desktop on your Windows 10 Pro? Please share the steps that you've taken.
    • Are there any error messages that appear whenever Windows disables Remote Desktop?

Regards.

JohnRod Nav, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10, Remote Desktop two monitors, program share issue

1. Windows 10, Remote Desktop two monitors, program share issue - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop monitors

2. Remote Access to a system with two monitors - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Access to a system with two monitors - Windows 10: I've seen plenty of answers for similar questions, but not for this exact situation. I have a remote system that I want to access. The remote system has TWO monitors. The local system I am using to access that system only has ONE monitor. When I use Remote Desktop Connection...
  3. Remote Access to a system with two monitors - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Access to a system with two monitors - Windows 10: I've seen plenty of answers for similar questions, but not for this exact situation. I have a remote system that I want to access. The remote system has TWO monitors. The local system I am using to access that system only has ONE monitor. When I use Remote Desktop Connection...
  4. Remote Access to a system with two monitors - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Sharing display to two monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing display to two monitors: I'm having a problem sharing my display between two monitors. My pc has DVI-D and VGA monitor outputs. When I connect the DVI via HDMI to one monitor all is well. When I connect the second monitor via VGA the DVI monitor becomes partially unresponsive while the VGA monitor is...
  6. Sharing display to two monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharing display to two monitors: I'm having a problem sharing my display between two monitors. My pc has DVI-D and VGA monitor outputs. When I connect the DVI via HDMI to one monitor all is well. When I connect the second monitor via VGA the DVI monitor becomes partially unresponsive while the VGA monitor is...
  7. Sharing display to two monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows 10 Remote Desktop issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Remote Desktop issues: I have an issue where there are several team members that remote into a Windows 10 PC with Windows 10 laptops, and they will only get a black screen. Some members have been able to resolve the issue by updating video driver, but others still get the black screen after...
  9. Windows 10 Remote Desktop Issues

Windows 10 Remote Desktop Issues: Ok, so I installed Windows 10 two days ago and I'm really liking the way it looks and runs but for some reason I can't get the Remote Desktop feature to work properly for me. I'm not very computer savvy when it comes to remote desktop but I had it working properly on windows...
  10. Windows 10 remote desktop issue

Windows 10 remote desktop issue: I am having a problem getting remote desktop to work with two computers on my home network. The remote device is a notebook running Win 10 Home. The computers at home are running Win 7 Pro and Win 10 Pro. I have the same issue with trying to connect using the internal network...