Windows 10: Windows 10 - Remove all Virus exclusion folders and files at once

Discus and support Windows 10 - Remove all Virus exclusion folders and files at once in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; HiWhen I look at the list of exclusions for Windows Virus checker I can see 2000 fodlers and files listed. I would like to remove all of these, but can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by marcusob1, Nov 27, 2022.

1. marcusob1 Win User

Windows 10 - Remove all Virus exclusion folders and files at once

HiWhen I look at the list of exclusions for Windows Virus checker I can see 2000 fodlers and files listed. I would like to remove all of these, but can only see a way to remove one at a time. I can click on one, and then click remove, but is there a way to empty this list ? Or remove a large number of exclusions in one operation ? If I need to clear this list one at a time, it will take me a day to do it.

:)

marcusob1, Nov 27, 2022
  2. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Unable to Remove Exclusions from Windows Defender

Thank you for posting back. If you trust a file, file type, folder, or a process that Windows Defender Antivirus has detected as malicious, you can stop Windows Defender Antivirus from alerting you or blocking the program by adding the file to
    the exclusion list. It seems that it was added automatically. We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and select Update & security.
    • Click Windows Defender.
    • Look for Exclusions and select Add an exclusion.
    • Navigate to the file, folder, or process, and select Exclude this file.

If the steps provided did not work, we recommend that you boot your device to
    Safe Mode
    and redo the process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Nov 27, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 27, 2022
  4. Windows 10 - Remove all Virus exclusion folders and files at once

Exclusion folder and Aggressive Anti-Virus

I can't exclude folder or drives from the Exclusion list anymore. When I try to run some .exe files, I'm told that Windows won't run them because of suspected virus found. How do I turn this stuff off? I want to run what ever file I want and not have Windows overrule me.

Window ver 1909

reidthaler, Nov 27, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 - Remove all Virus exclusion folders and files at once

1. Windows 10 - Remove all Virus exclusion folders and files at once - Similar Threads - Remove Virus exclusion

2. I attempt to remove a virus and it claims to have removed it but that there are exclusions....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I attempt to remove a virus and it claims to have removed it but that there are exclusions....: I attempt to remove a Trojan virus and it claims to have been removed but then prompts me to check the exclusions which are C;\ProgramData C;\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile .exeI then remove these inclusions and then scan again and lo and behold the Trojan virus is...
  3. I attempt to remove a virus and it claims to have removed it but that there are exclusions....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I attempt to remove a virus and it claims to have removed it but that there are exclusions....: I attempt to remove a Trojan virus and it claims to have been removed but then prompts me to check the exclusions which are C;\ProgramData C;\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile .exeI then remove these inclusions and then scan again and lo and behold the Trojan virus is...
  4. I attempt to remove a virus and it claims to have removed it but that there are exclusions....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows 10 - Remove all Virus exclusion folders and files at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Remove all Virus exclusion folders and files at once: HiWhen I look at the list of exclusions for Windows Virus checker I can see 2000 fodlers and files listed. I would like to remove all of these, but can only see a way to remove one at a time. I can click on one, and then click remove, but is there a way to empty this list ?...
  6. Windows 10 - Remove all Virus exclusion folders and files at once

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Remove all Virus exclusion folders and files at once: HiWhen I look at the list of exclusions for Windows Virus checker I can see 2000 fodlers and files listed. I would like to remove all of these, but can only see a way to remove one at a time. I can click on one, and then click remove, but is there a way to empty this list ?...
  7. Remove Windows Folder Virus

Remove Windows Folder Virus: Did You Know "‪C:\WINDOWS\System32"? System32 Is A Virus System folder Can Open Regedit Cmd Task Manager And Did You Know How To Make Administrator On SYSTEM32 Folder?This Is Only Work For Windows 10IMPROTANT!THIS WILL DESTOYE YOUR COMPUTER!...
  8. A virus/unwanted exclusion?

A virus/unwanted exclusion?: Can somebody help me? I've been stuck with this thing forever, it's a unwanted exclusion that I can't even remove. When I try to scan, it kept skipping some files just because of this thing....
  9. Virus Removed all of My Files

Virus Removed all of My Files: Hey, so last month a virusTrojan infected my laptop and started deleting pre-installed apps such as VLC, Firefox and some apps I'd installed but I used Windows Defender to identify and delete the virus. However, I recently discovered that all my Microsoft office apps Word,...
  10. Exclusion folder and Aggressive Anti-Virus

Exclusion folder and Aggressive Anti-Virus: I can't exclude folder or drives from the Exclusion list anymore. When I try to run some .exe files, I'm told that Windows won't run them because of suspected virus found. How do I turn this stuff off? I want to run what ever file I want and not have Windows overrule me....