Windows 10: Windows 10, remove Cortana/Search box from task bar via Tablet Mode

Discus and support Windows 10, remove Cortana/Search box from task bar via Tablet Mode in Cortana to solve the problem; When I create Registry Key HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search Value name: SearchboxTaskbarMode Value type: REG_DWORD Value Data: 0... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by coolj2009, Dec 17, 2021.

1. coolj2009 Win User

Windows 10, remove Cortana/Search box from task bar via Tablet Mode

When I create Registry Key HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search Value name: SearchboxTaskbarMode Value type: REG_DWORD Value Data: 0 HEX That registry works for Desktop mode... but it doesn't work in Tablet Mode it is still showing search icon on the taskbar. I've been struggling for weeks of trying to disable the search icon on the tablet mode taskbar. This method projected for preventing kids to mess things around such as search icon and cortana which is controlled by Microsoft family to managed for time limits. The windows 10 runs in tablet mode only and GPO is prev

:)

coolj2009, Dec 17, 2021

2. search box missing in task bar

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

- Are you using desktop mode or tablet mode?

If you are using desktop mode and facing this issue I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

1. Right on the task bar and select
    Cortana.

2. Click on Show search bar.

Check if this helps.

If you are on tablet mode, the search bar will not appear.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Dec 17, 2021
  3. CliffSore Win User
    search box missing in task bar

I have cortana (whatever that is) in my list of apps but how do I get it to the task bar to make this work?

1. Right on the task bar and select
    Cortana.

2. Click on Show search bar.

Check if this helps.

If you are on tablet mode, the search bar will not appear.

CliffSore, Dec 17, 2021
  4. Windows 10, remove Cortana/Search box from task bar via Tablet Mode

search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Dec 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10, remove Cortana/Search box from task bar via Tablet Mode

1. Windows 10, remove Cortana/Search box from task bar via Tablet Mode - Similar Threads - remove Cortana Search

2. Search box gone from the task bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search box gone from the task bar?: The search box on the left side of the taskbar is gone since I upgraded to Windows 11. Can I put that search box back on the task bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-gone-from-the-task-bar/e33f10e2-4375-4b18-a5f4-6f126d449d35
  3. Windows 10, remove Cortana/Search box from task bar via Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, remove Cortana/Search box from task bar via Tablet Mode: When I create Registry Key HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search Value name: SearchboxTaskbarMode Value type: REG_DWORD Value Data: 0 HEX That registry works for Desktop mode... but it doesn't work in Tablet Mode it is still showing search icon on the taskbar....
  4. Windows 10, remove Cortana/Search box from task bar via Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, remove Cortana/Search box from task bar via Tablet Mode: When I create Registry KeyHKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SearchValue name: SearchboxTaskbarModeValue type: REG_DWORDValue Data: 0 HEXThat registry works for Desktop mode... but it doesn't work in Tablet Mode it is still showing search icon on the taskbar.I've...
  5. Windows 10, remove Cortana/Search box from task bar via Tablet Mode

Windows 10, remove Cortana/Search box from task bar via Tablet Mode: When I create Registry Key HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search Value name: SearchboxTaskbarMode Value type: REG_DWORD Value Data: 0 HEX That registry works for Desktop mode... but it doesn't work in Tablet Mode it is still showing search icon on the taskbar....
  6. Windows 10, remove Cortana/Search box from task bar via Tablet Mode

Windows 10, remove Cortana/Search box from task bar via Tablet Mode: When I create Registry KeyHKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SearchValue name: SearchboxTaskbarModeValue type: REG_DWORDValue Data: 0 HEXThat registry works for Desktop mode... but it doesn't work in Tablet Mode it is still showing search icon on the taskbar.I've...
  7. Windows 10, remove Cortana/Search box from task bar via Tablet Mode

in Cortana
  8. Search box lost from task bar.

in Cortana
    Search box lost from task bar.: How to add a search box to the task bar when right clicking the taskbar does not offer search box. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-lost-from-task-bar/d7dbf3c1-ff70-44e4-bec5-26ab7db38bbb
  9. Cortana problem- Cortana task bar box will not generate a search

in Cortana
    Cortana problem- Cortana task bar box will not generate a search: Cortana task bar box will not generate a search. I have windows 10 * Moved from MSN * Original title: Cortana problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-problem-cortana-task-bar-box-will-not/188ac747-0f46-4154-9f7c-9d66fc3855b5
  10. Search box missing from task bar in windows 10?

in Cortana
    Search box missing from task bar in windows 10?: I have windows 10 I can't find the search box anywhere? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-missing-from-task-bar-in-windows-10/1a7b6b0a-fd55-4cf5-b0dc-3f9d9248a10e"