Windows 10: Windows 10 - Remove power button from Start menu

Discus and support Windows 10 - Remove power button from Start menu in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, As mentioned in some other threads (which are locked unfortunately) there is a problem with the power button in Start menu: For a VDI system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PatrickKarall, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Windows 10 - Remove power button from Start menu

Hi,

As mentioned in some other threads (which are locked unfortunately) there is a problem with the power button in Start menu:

For a VDI system it's necessary to prevent access to the power functions (reboot, shutdown). This can be done during GPO:

User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu and Taskbar > Remove and prevent access to the Shut Down, Restart, Sleep, and Hibernate commands.

But his only removes the commands itself. The power button remains which confuses the users.

Is there a way to completely remove the power button in Windows 10 and Server 2016?

br, Patrick

:)

PatrickKarall, Nov 13, 2018
  2. wzor Win User

Removing Power and All Apps in Start Menu

Im sorry, but neither Power nor All Apps buttons can be hidden. All I want, is to make them appear only when pressing the hamburger menu, just as in the older builds. Thanks.

3. Removing Power and All Apps in Start Menu

Settings > Personalization > Start > Choose ......

Windows 10 - Remove power button from Start menu [​IMG]

Tutorial: Start List - Add or Remove Folders in Windows 10

Slartybart, Nov 13, 2018
  4. scevism Win User

Windows 10 - Remove power button from Start menu

scevism, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - Remove power button from Start menu

1. Windows 10 - Remove power button from Start menu - Similar Threads - Remove power button

2. is it possible to put a password on the power button in the start menu in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    is it possible to put a password on the power button in the start menu in Windows 10?: Hi i am wondering if i can put a password on the power button in the start menu because i work with documents quite frequently on my laptop and i am worried of it being shut down when a document is unsaved< so is it possible to put a password on the power button in the start...
  3. Why there is a gap in power sub menu in windows 10 start button?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why there is a gap in power sub menu in windows 10 start button?: Why there is a gap in power sub menu in windows 10 start button? It disappears after some time. but comes back again after restart. I have even formatted the whole laptop.[IMG]...
  4. How can the restart button be removed from the start menu?

How can the restart button be removed from the start menu?: Since restarting my computer is a hassle and a no-go I would like to remove the restart button from the start menu. This would ensure that should I forget that my computer doesn't restart I don't accidentally choose it while my mind is occupied with some task like I did...
  5. How to customize power button in Start menu?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to customize power button in Start menu?: Hi everyone, In Windows 7 it was possible (pls see picture): [img] Several options were discontinued in Windows 10, but many remained, though invisible. Can anyone know what to do to set the key in "Start menu" from Disable (default) to Hibernate (default) in Windows 10...
  6. Removing Power and All Apps in Start Menu

Removing Power and All Apps in Start Menu: It's a simple question, with probably a more complicated answer: How do I remove these two buttons, as I think they are ugly as OS X (ok, maybe not that ugly)? [img] 8957
  7. Remove "Settings" from the Windows 10 Start Menu

Remove "Settings" from the Windows 10 Start Menu: Has anyone been able to remove "Settings" from the Windows 10 Start Menu? 89284
  8. Adding "Hibernate" to Power button at Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding "Hibernate" to Power button at Start menu: Hello, I followed the guide to enable Hibernate mode, but is there a way to show it in the Power options? all I can see now is "Sleep", "Shut down" and "Restart". Was I supposed to see "Hibernate" after following this guide:...
  9. Windows 10 Start Menu Power Button Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu Power Button Not Working: This is one of the few places where this problem is even mentioned but it was with a insider preview 14905 way back in 2016. Just about every Windows 10 install that I have has this problem. I should say just the ones that were a "free" upgrade. Fresh installs seem to be OK....
  10. Add or Remove Hibernate from Power menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Hibernate from Power menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Hibernate from Power menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Hibernate from Power menu in Windows 10 Hibernate is a power-saving state designed primarily for laptops, and might not be available for all PCs (PCs with InstantGo don't have the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove power button from start menu

2. win 10 disable power options buttons in start menu registry