Windows 10: Windows 10 remove updates

Discus and support Windows 10 remove updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows help and Windows uninstall say that to remove an update, select update and choose Uninstall. Simple if the current screen had that option, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cjr99, Aug 17, 2018.

1. cjr99 Win User

Windows 10 remove updates

Windows help and Windows uninstall say that to remove an update, select update and choose Uninstall. Simple if the current screen had that option, so where have they hidden that option.

:)

cjr99, Aug 17, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 17, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 remove updates - Similar Threads - remove updates

2. Windows 10 Update Removing Files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Update Removing Files?: I updated my PC a while back, after it finished "cleaning up", random files from my PC have been deleted, mainly items in%appdata% and %localappdata% It's starting to be extremely annoying and I'm not sure of the cause of this. I'm running on Windows 10 Pro Version 2004. All...
  3. Fingerprint sensor option removed after latest windows update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Fingerprint sensor option removed after latest windows update: I have found that after the latest Window Update, I no longer have the option of logging in to Windows 'Hello' by using the fingerprint sensor OR my windows password, but only the PIN. Since my laptop does in fact have a fingerprint sensor, I'd at least like to have the...
  4. recent updates that failed because I removed Edge several wks earlier

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recent updates that failed because I removed Edge several wks earlier: Hi, Included is an image of recent updates that failed because I removed Edge several wks earlier. One of the new updates includedd Edga which I paused for 7 days. Then I got several updates & took them. MS would Edge was removed that I didn't want it & would not...
  5. Latest Windows 10 updates removed items from start menu

Latest Windows 10 updates removed items from start menu: After Windows 10 was updated automatically today with patches "KB4571756 & KB4576478 all non Microsoft programs that I have installed have been removed from the StartMenu and the tiles. I have 2 questions 1 WHY? 2 How can I all the StartMenu entries back...
  6. KB890830 update Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool 5.83 - Sept. 8

in Windows 10 News
    KB890830 update Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool 5.83 - Sept. 8: Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) 5.83 helps remove malicious software from computers running Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, or Windows Server 2008. Microsoft generally releases MSRT monthly as part of...
  7. Disable or remove Windows 10 automatic update software permanently.

Disable or remove Windows 10 automatic update software permanently.: I have no reason to update Windows 10, literally no reason at all, screw security updates, I know how to be secure on Windows even with the Anti-Virus and Firewall disabled. I would like for Windows to not to reboot my laptop while I still have google chrome incognito tabs...
  8. Remove password checkbox in netplwiz is not coming after the May 2020 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove password checkbox in netplwiz is not coming after the May 2020 update: Remove password checkbox in netplwiz is not coming after the May 2020 update, so how should i remove password from windows logon screen as everytime i have enetr my credentials to login. or when this netplwiz issue will be fixed ?...
  9. Remove auto updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove auto updates: I had the displeasure of installing w10 on my laptop solely for the purpose of playing league of legends. I use the OS once a week top and get greeted every time by those irritating windows update. How do you prevent them from ever happening? Today, it was particularly...
  10. Windows 10 Update System Removal caused reboot loop

Windows 10 Update System Removal caused reboot loop: A recent Microsoft update evidently had a problem and when the system on my ASUS Windows 10 laptop tried to remove it then my machine went into a reboot loop trying to undo the update. I've tried everything on the internet to try hard reboot 3 times, tried putting Windows 10...