Windows 10: Windows 10 Repair Tool

Discus and support Windows 10 Repair Tool in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have three hard drives that have installations of Windows 10. I swap them around as needed on the same PC. Lately, two of the three have become... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kruddler2017, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Windows 10 Repair Tool

I have three hard drives that have installations of Windows 10. I swap them around as needed on the same PC. Lately, two of the three have become corrupted. One so badly, I can't boot on to it. Of course I can install Windows 10 cleanly to fix the problem, but then I will have to reinstall all my apps from scratch which will take days.

What I need is a tool that will repair a corrupted boot sector, as well as replace corrupted Windows system files.

sfc /scannow tells me where the corrupted files are, but it does nothing about them...

I am currently booted in to a non-corrupt version of Windows 10 with the latest upgrades. I have access to one of my corrupted drives right now. I just need a trusted piece of software that will repair my drive and restore Windows to its factory system files. This was supposed to be an inbuilt feature of Windows 10, but I can't find any information on how to use Windows' native features for this.

:)

Kruddler2017, Oct 6, 2017

2. windows repair tool

I'm happy to help. Feel free to post back if you have any other concerns.

Robelene Win, Oct 6, 2017
  3. DonnaW2 Win User
    windows repair tool

Hi Robelene,

Thank you. I suspected as much. I am not aware of downloading it but as it's not always there.

I will be careful and not pursue it.

I'm due to due a Maleware and Defenders scan anyway.

Thanks again.

Donna

DonnaW2, Oct 6, 2017
  4. Windows 10 Repair Tool

I am seeing some talk of Tweaking.com's repair tool...

It doesn't seem like a professional product on the face of it. Can anyone vouch for it?

Kruddler2017, Oct 6, 2017
  5. It works as described if you follow the directions to the "T"

Josey Wales, Oct 6, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    The other option that you could try is using a bootable windows 10 iso and then repairs using the windows advanced troubleshooting menu.
    Download Windows 10
    List of PC brands with their corresponding hot-keys

If you can boot windows 10 and open administrative command prompt you can type or copy and paste:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth when sfc /scannow fails to fix integrity violations.

And if you can boot and open file explorer you can perform an in place upgrade repair:
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Once you get the drives back to normal you can create backup images and place the image on another drive or in the cloud.
    Then you have one additional option to restore the drives if they become corrupted or non bootable.
    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free

zbook, Oct 6, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Repair Tool

1. Windows 10 Repair Tool - Similar Threads - Repair Tool

2. Win 10 repair through re-install with media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 repair through re-install with media creation tool: About two weeks ago I accidently erased MBR and BCD and other things. I now have Windows 10 up and running but it is not stable. The suggested cure is to download media creation tool MCT, run it, answer all the questions and problem is solved. I have a persistent error after...
  3. Win 10 repair through re-install with media creation tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 repair through re-install with media creation tool: About two weeks ago I accidently erased MBR and BCD and other things. I now have Windows 10 up and running but it is not stable. The suggested cure is to download media creation tool MCT, run it, answer all the questions and problem is solved. I have a persistent error after...
  4. Win 10 repair through re-install with media creation tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Issues with windows auto repair tool after BSOD Critical process died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with windows auto repair tool after BSOD Critical process died: Hello, I had an issue where my laptop's gpu wouldn't show in device manager, but I could see it in hidden devices, and it was detected by BIOS so I tried to use a backup for windows recovery. And backup went okay at first, but gpu would still not show. I tried to reboot...
  6. Issues with windows auto repair tool after BSOD Critical process died

Issues with windows auto repair tool after BSOD Critical process died: Hello, I had an issue where my laptop's gpu wouldn't show in device manager, but I could see it in hidden devices, and it was detected by BIOS so I tried to use a backup for windows recovery. And backup went okay at first, but gpu would still not show. I tried to reboot...
  7. Create system repair disk tool in Windows 11 does not work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create system repair disk tool in Windows 11 does not work properly: Please help.I am trying to create a System Repair disc in windows 11 on a 64GB 3.0 USB drive I understand it must be 32GB or higher.The USB drive is recognized in windows explorer and Disk Manager.When the Recovery Drive tool works for a while, it says "A problem occurred...
  8. Create system repair disk tool in Windows 11 does not work properly

Create system repair disk tool in Windows 11 does not work properly: Please help.I am trying to create a System Repair disc in windows 11 on a 64GB 3.0 USB drive I understand it must be 32GB or higher.The USB drive is recognized in windows explorer and Disk Manager.When the Recovery Drive tool works for a while, it says "A problem occurred...
  9. Automatic startup repair tool

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Automatic startup repair tool: Windows goes into automatic startup repair tool when I boot up, but will not proceed without a password. I entered the password and was told it was wrong. I have changed the password countless times yet still told it is wrong?...
  10. Automatic startup repair tool

Automatic startup repair tool: Windows goes into automatic startup repair tool when I boot up, but will not proceed without a password. I entered the password and was told it was wrong. I have changed the password countless times yet still told it is wrong?...