Windows 10: Windows 10 repeatedly slows down

Discus and support Windows 10 repeatedly slows down in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I run Windows 10 I know, I'll get to 11 one of these days--give a 68-year-old a little patience. on a Dell laptop. Lately, my system has been slowing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RogerBlair1, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Windows 10 repeatedly slows down

I run Windows 10 I know, I'll get to 11 one of these days--give a 68-year-old a little patience. on a Dell laptop. Lately, my system has been slowing down on me. Every time I reboot after the beastie gets too slow, it speeds up for a while, but then slows down again. I use Microsoft Defender and Microsoft Firewall as my base security software; once a week, I run several third-party tools Argente Utilities, CCleaner, and Glary Utilities for cleaning: Trend Micro, MalwareBytes, and several other apps [which I run on the whole disk once a month] for AV. My storage mostly software--I keep alm

:)

RogerBlair1, Sep 28, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 28, 2022
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 28, 2022
  4. Jborg Win User

Windows 10 repeatedly slows down

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Sep 28, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 repeatedly slows down

1. Windows 10 repeatedly slows down - Similar Threads - repeatedly slows down

2. Windows 10 repeatedly slows down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 repeatedly slows down: I run Windows 10 I know, I'll get to 11 one of these days--give a 68-year-old a little patience. on a Dell laptop. Lately, my system has been slowing down on me. Every time I reboot after the beastie gets too slow, it speeds up for a while, but then slows down again. I use...
  3. Windows 10 repeatedly slows down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 repeatedly slows down: I run Windows 10 I know, I'll get to 11 one of these days--give a 68-year-old a little patience. on a Dell laptop. Lately, my system has been slowing down on me. Every time I reboot after the beastie gets too slow, it speeds up for a while, but then slows down again. I use...
  4. Windows 10 system slow down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 system slow down: Recently I have performed a scheduled maintenance of a laptop and implemented the following procedures:1. Cleared all the temp files2. Cleared cache3. Scanner for mrt from cmd4. Full system virus scan This is a routine process through which the laptop goes through every...
  5. Windows shuts down repeatedly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows shuts down repeatedly: I'm running Windows 10 Pro, build version 19041.450. And it keeps repeatedly shutting down spontaneously. I've run various anti-virus and spyware programs. And system file check as administrator. Plus checked all driver updates. I'm using the hot spot in my iPhone XS Max to...
  6. Windows 10 slows down to a crawl

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 slows down to a crawl: So this has happened to me twice in the past week. Windows would just randomly slow down and start stuttering to the point where its unusable, and I would have to hard reset my machine. I run dual monitors, and in both instances, I was playing a game on one monitor, while...
  7. Windows 10 slowed down or freezes

Windows 10 slowed down or freezes: ...I have recently experienced a severe slowdown of Windows 10 since I installed Office 365 almost a year ago. Most of my Office programs (especially Outlook and Word) have slowed down significantly, and periodically freeze. This also appears to cause my PC to freeze as...
  8. Windows Slow and slow down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Slow and slow down: Whats going on in Win 10. The past 2-3 weeks have seen win 10 go from smooth and fast to slow and slow. This forum took 77-78 seconds to open from clicking on shortcut to screen. I have games staggering all over the place like drunken graphics. On occasion sites do not even...
  9. Windows 10 slowing down

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 slowing down: Despite using an anti-virus my desktop is slowing down. Processing is consuming alot of time. How to revamp my system so the system becomees faster? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-slowing-down/e932c154-b193-45f5-8c78-fd2f74e9786e"
  10. Windows 10 slowing down

Windows 10 slowing down: Microsoft appears to be aware of the issues. Why doesn't MS provide a troubleshooter which fixes the issues with slowing down of computers with Windows 10 and other versions of Windows. I have 8 GB of RAM and a i7 7500U CPU and have never seen RAM or CPU 100% utilized....