Windows 10: Windows 10 reports invalid code page of 1 to .NET 2.0 runtime when installing locale...

Discus and support Windows 10 reports invalid code page of 1 to .NET 2.0 runtime when installing locale... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We've had multiple reports of users who have installed Windows using the language setting 'English Denmark' having issues with .NET applications that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Framnk, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Framnk Win User

Windows 10 reports invalid code page of 1 to .NET 2.0 runtime when installing locale...

We've had multiple reports of users who have installed Windows using the language setting 'English Denmark' having issues with .NET applications that read the system code page because the operating system is reporting a code page of '1' which is not valid when installed with this language setting.

The language setting 'English Denmark' appears to have been added at some point in Windows 10 history as it is not selectable as a language setting in the original retail install, but in 2017 builds of Windows 10 it can be chosen but exhibits the code page issue mentioned.

I don't know if this issue is limited to .NET 2.0 runtime or if it occurs in later runtimes as well.

It notably causes issues with some nuget packages such as SharpZipLib when compiled against the .NET 2.0 runtime.

:)

Framnk, Jun 24, 2020
  2. Phaewryn Win User

Error: ucrtbase.terminate not located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll

Open elevated cmd.
    Type the following command: regsvr32 /u api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll.
    Type the following command: regsvr32 /i api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll.
    Close cmd. Shut down. Restart.
    Here's the page that lists the commands: Regsvr32 - Register a DLL - Windows CMD - SS64.com

That being said, I also did a registry cleaning, and it also had a pending update that went through that was apparently awaiting a full shut down. It might very well have just been that.

Microsoft can nudge all they want, I'm keeping this older model laptop on 7, it's not powerful enough for the bloat of 10. I was very near to running a sfc scan (I was going to make that my last thing to set it to do before retiring to bed for the night) and then putting the windows disc in and repairing the install like you suggested tomorrow if the sfc repair didn't work.

Phaewryn, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Win 10 Update Database Corruption

If you haven't already, see if this below may help starting with step 2 using the ISO file you downloaded from me.

*Arrow https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...81f-0x800f0907

Brink, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Aparody Win User

Windows 10 reports invalid code page of 1 to .NET 2.0 runtime when installing locale...

Install .NET 3.5 Framework on Windows 10

Is it even possible, the help for this is of no use.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb...lation-error-0x800f0906-0x800f081f-0x800f0907

This is the bit thats applicable to me.

To fix the error codes for Windows 10, follow these steps:

1. Download the Windows Media Creation tool, and create an ISO image locally, or create an image for the version of Windows that you have installed.
    2. Configure the Group Policy as in Method 2, but also follow these steps:
      1. Mount the ISO image that's created in step 1.
      2. Point the "Alternate source file path" to the ISO sources\sxs folder from the ISO.
      3. Run the gpupdate /force command.
      4. Add the .Net framework feature.

Method 2 isn't mentioned anywhere.

Further more if i download the framework installer and run the dotnetfx35setup.exe file i get a window that says it requires the framework its trying to install, so its a loop that requires the framework to install the framework.

Next issue is that if i try to turn it on from Programs and Features in the control panel it throws me back to the initial error of not being able to install it which takes me back to the link above and method for fixing it which doesn't include the information
    for Method 2.

I'm starting to think MS are purposely making it uninstallable at this point.

Any help would be much apreciated.

Aparody, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 reports invalid code page of 1 to .NET 2.0 runtime when installing locale... - Similar Threads - reports invalid code

2. api-ms-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    api-ms-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll: api-ms-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/api-ms-crt-runtime-l1-1-0dll/43d58d24-b1fd-4f9a-9589-3cd0b8212c4b
  3. Microsoft Print to PDF driver not working when print starting at page 2 - produces 0 or 1...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Print to PDF driver not working when print starting at page 2 - produces 0 or 1...: When I use the Microsoft Print to PDF driver from Word and print only page 2 I get a 0 kb file.When I use the Microsoft Print to PDF driver from Excel and print only page 2 I get a 1 kb file.It works fine if I use it to print from Adobe Acrobat using the same driver. Here is...
  4. Microsoft Print to PDF driver not working when print starting at page 2 - produces 0 or 1...

Microsoft Print to PDF driver not working when print starting at page 2 - produces 0 or 1...: When I use the Microsoft Print to PDF driver from Word and print only page 2 I get a 0 kb file.When I use the Microsoft Print to PDF driver from Excel and print only page 2 I get a 1 kb file.It works fine if I use it to print from Adobe Acrobat using the same driver. Here is...
  5. Microsoft Print to PDF driver not working when print starting at page 2 - produces 0 or 1...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Microsoft Report Builder .NET Runtime error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Report Builder .NET Runtime error: Hello,I have a problem with the program Microsoft Report Builder. Basically when I try to launch it, nothing happen.I also tried to uninstall and reinstall it without success. Until a few months ago it started without problems.Checking in the Event Viewer of Windows I have...
  7. Microsoft Report Builder .NET Runtime error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Report Builder .NET Runtime error: Hello,I have a problem with the program Microsoft Report Builder. Basically when I try to launch it, nothing happen.I also tried to uninstall and reinstall it without success. Until a few months ago it started without problems.Checking in the Event Viewer of Windows I have...
  8. Microsoft Report Builder .NET Runtime error

9. runtime error at -1:0: cannot import wizardform

in Windows 10 Gaming
    runtime error at -1:0: cannot import wizardform: On the pc that I just built, with Windows 10 pro lite just installed, I get the error "runtime error at -1: 0: cannot import wizardform" when I want to install a game. I've already tried many things but it hasn't worked. I would appreciate if you help me...
  10. printing 2 pages on 1 page

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printing 2 pages on 1 page: Hi.....I have a pdf file that I want to print but it only prints in the middle of the page, I would like to print 2 on to 1 page as it is quite a large doc. Can someone help with this please , even if it means another app to do it. Thanks in advance Len 44868