Windows 10: Windows 10 reports "No internet" yet can surf web and ping, only some apps affected

Discus and support Windows 10 reports "No internet" yet can surf web and ping, only some apps affected in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; DevicesSurface Pro7+HP ZBookFor the second time in two days I have been contacted by a client who has machines that run Windows 10 20H2 and report that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shane King, May 13, 2021.

1. Windows 10 reports "No internet" yet can surf web and ping, only some apps affected

DevicesSurface Pro7+HP ZBookFor the second time in two days I have been contacted by a client who has machines that run Windows 10 20H2 and report that Windows says it has no internet.The irony is that in both casesWhen in this state you can ping an external ip address like 8.8.8.8 or WWW.microsoft.com sucessfully.You can surf the web with any installed browser.Assigning a different DNS server makes no diference e.g.change from internal DHCP assigned DNS server to manually setting to say 8.8.8.8Outlook 365 isnt able to connect to M365 hosted email.Outlook 2013 is able to connect to On-Prem exc

:)

Shane King, May 13, 2021
  2. V45CH3 Win User

Cannot surf the web!

Hello! I approach you with a problem, I cannot surf the web (I've tried both chrome and edge) but I can use uTorrent to download files just fine. I formatted my pc TWICE, disabled automatic updates completely (because I thought that maybe it was a problem from an update), communicated with my Internet service provider (which guided me through a series of steps to reset the router, checked the ip and dns addressed to be received automatically, and other tests and possible solutions), and still the problem persists. I've tried sufring on my smartphone and another PC with windows XP and it works fine, so the problem is with my pc. I don't know what else to do, sufring the web comes and goes, sometimes it works and the next two minutes it doesn't.. I need some advice please.. Thanks!

V45CH3, May 13, 2021
  3. Browsers report no internet while ping works and windows reports connection

On my Windows 10 laptop from the browser (Chrome, Firefox, Waterfox, Edge) trying to access internet sites reports that it can't connect after a while, but ping works. Accessing local servers is fine. Accessing sites through an explicit local proxy in Waterfox also works.

After a reboot the browsers work for a bit, but then fail.

putty telnet seems to work fine.

I've already tried steps from:

Ping works fine, but no Internet connection in browser

I've done a wireshark and it shows that TCP connections are getting reset (RST packets from the machine as far as I can tell).

The machine has Sophos Anti-virus installed. MS Office also, but not much else.

EDIT:
    I have now tried:

• Disabled the firewall - the problem still occurs.
    • Tried Opera browser as well
    • Tried wget from powershell - also reports the connection being reset, at the same time that the browsers are not working
    • Tried Privoxy - also not working when browsers direct aren't working.
    • Removed Sophos entirely in case that was causing the problem.
    • Done a malware scan with Sophos Virus Removal Tool, which found nothing.
    • Updated the wireless driver for the built-in wireless adapter.
    • Tried a USB wireless driver.
    • Tried a wired connection, which seemed to work, but maybe we didn't leave it long enough.
    • Flushing the caches of Chrome, which appeared to work for a while.

Any ideas for how to get browsing working reliably?

Douglas Leeder, May 13, 2021
  4. mixa Win User

Windows 10 reports "No internet" yet can surf web and ping, only some apps affected

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows 10 reports "No internet" yet can surf web and ping, only some apps affected wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

Thema:

Windows 10 reports "No internet" yet can surf web and ping, only some apps affected

1. Windows 10 reports "No internet" yet can surf web and ping, only some apps affected - Similar Threads - reports internet yet

2. Connected to internet and can surf the web, but cant access any local devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connected to internet and can surf the web, but cant access any local devices: Hi everyone.I have a weird issue that has me stumped.I have a brand new windows 11 laptop, When connected to my Wifi I can browse the web as per normal BUT here comes the problem, I cant access any of my local devices. I cant ping the default gateway or browse to it via my...
  3. Connected to internet and can surf the web, but cant access any local devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected to internet and can surf the web, but cant access any local devices: Hi everyone.I have a weird issue that has me stumped.I have a brand new windows 11 laptop, When connected to my Wifi I can browse the web as per normal BUT here comes the problem, I cant access any of my local devices. I cant ping the default gateway or browse to it via my...
  4. Not Connected message but PC is connected to internet and can surf the web

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Connected message but PC is connected to internet and can surf the web: My parents Windows 10 PC stopped having sound output or input devices. As I was trying to fix that issue through the troubleshooter it pulls up a "Looks like you aren't connected to the internet" window. So I checked my internet connection and it's on ethernet and the browser...
  5. Not Connected message but PC is connected to internet and can surf the web

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not Connected message but PC is connected to internet and can surf the web: My parents Windows 10 PC stopped having sound output or input devices. As I was trying to fix that issue through the troubleshooter it pulls up a "Looks like you aren't connected to the internet" window. So I checked my internet connection and it's on ethernet and the browser...
  6. Not Connected message but PC is connected to internet and can surf the web

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. No Internet Secured but I can surf the internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet Secured but I can surf the internet.: Yesterday, the WiFi worked normally. But today, when I opened my laptop and connected it to the internet, it showed "no internet, secured." Strangely, I was able to surf the internet but not windows program such as Cortana, feedback hub, windows update, etc. I've tried to...
  8. no internet access but still can surf internet

no internet access but still can surf internet: Name: Ethernet Description: Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller Physical address MAC: 48:ba:4e:aa:1b:fe Status: Not operational Maximum transmission unit: 1500 IPv4 address: 169.254.9.79/16 IPv6 address: fe80::dd53:f881:d264:94f%18/64 DNS servers: 120.138.98.18, 120.138.96.18...
  9. No internet connection-Only some apps

in Windows 10 Support
    No internet connection-Only some apps: Windows 10 on Lenovo AIO. All-in-one*really Comcast-Xfinity, Ethernet connection. My client complained every morning his browser, Edge, when opened, got the no internet connection and he couldn't get his email. However, when he restarted the PC, it was OK. Asked him to start...
  10. Cannot surf the web!

Cannot surf the web!: Hello! I approach you with a problem, I cannot surf the web (I've tried both chrome and edge) but I can use uTorrent to download files just fine. I formatted my pc TWICE, disabled automatic updates completely (because I thought that maybe it was a problem from an update),...