Windows 10: Windows 10 reports no network but have internet connection

Discus and support Windows 10 reports no network but have internet connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; If I go to the network and sharing center on one of the computers on our home network it reports that it is not connected to a network, but this system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Grigori, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Grigori Win User

Windows 10 reports no network but have internet connection

If I go to the network and sharing center on one of the computers on our home network it reports that it is not connected to a network, but this system can see other computers on the network and access the internet. The other computers cannot see this system, however. This system has an older X38 motherboard with an E8400 processor, but the initial in-place upgrade from Windows 7 had no problems at all. I didn't notice the problem until I realized that about two weeks of backups across the network had failed. I have tried the repair tools in Windows 10 and have uninstalled and reinstalled the network adapter without success. I was hoping that the problem would be fixed by installing the recent big windows update, but windows update reports that it cannot connect even though I have internet access. I have image backups from before the problem occurred, but I am looking for a more simple fix.

:)

Grigori, Nov 29, 2015

2. Connected to ethernet but Windows not totally convinced

The powerline adapters are fine, they are as they were before the problem occurred. It was just when they dropped out I noticed Windows was suddenly reporting the network state correctly. So when connected to a network but not the internet, it reports
    it is connected but not to the internet. When connected and connected to the internet, it reports it isn't connected at all.

Captain Dumpy Thumbs, Nov 29, 2015
  3. windows 10 no network connection error but i have internet access

I have internet access, I am using it to write this question in edge however I get a no network access error for windows update and windows store and windows activation, I have tried stopping the service and restarting it ive tried my time settings internet proxy
    settings wireless adapter settings, checked my msconfig settings aren't stopping anything, uninstalled all anti virus, opened services and made sure windows update is set to auto tried all the solutions from

here
    and from youtube to no success I have one more possible solution
    this
    and I will update but so far absolutely nothing has worked, any other ideas?

martipello, Nov 29, 2015
  4. KRL
    KRL Win User

The latest Win 10 update messed up many user's networks.

There are a whole bunch of posts on here with suggested fixes to try.

5. Grigori Win User
    Unfortunately most of the threads deal with the latest update breaking connectivity. In my case the two fully updated machines work fine. It's the one that hasn't updated that is broken and it won't update because windows update thinks it's not connected when it actually is

Grigori, Nov 29, 2015
  6. Grigori Win User
    Today I used the media creation tool to update to build 1511. Upon booting up, Edge and Cortana could not connect to the internet, but Chrome and IE could. Network and sharing still said that the computer is not connected to the network. At this point I gave up and I am currently in the process of restoring the final image taken before the initial Windows 10 upgrade??? from Windows 7.

Grigori, Nov 30, 2015
  7. Slugger Win User
    Hmm I noticed a WI FI app update last night. Just two minutes my WiFi disconnected. Yet there was nothing wrong with the router. Rebooted and now it's fine.

Slugger, Dec 1, 2015
  8. Grigori Win User

We have five windows systems on the network. Three are on gigabit ethernet including the problem system, the system I'm writing on which is running 1511 and a win7 system. Our Win10 laptop is fine on 1511 and we have a Win7 machine with a wireless ac connection that runs with essentially gigabit speed (no ethernet wiring in that room). Nobody is having problems except the old X38 system. I am restoring Win7 on the X38 with another hard drive. I may try a repair of Win 10 on the X38, which is on an SSD, but then I'll have to reinstall a bunch of software. even if the repair works.

Grigori, Dec 1, 2015
  9. KRL
    KRL Win User
    I think we're all wasting our time trying to fix this until the underlying problem in the core networking "code" is fixed by Microsoft.

I had my system all good again and the next day everything on the network went invisible again.

10. linw Win User
    I agree. The comms between machines is broken.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 reports no network but have internet connection - Similar Threads - reports network internet

2. windows 10 internet connection and network issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 internet connection and network issues: I just purchased the below pc in April:Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHzInstalled RAM 12.0 GB 11.8 GB usableSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorEvery time my lock screen comes on I not only lose my internet connection, my...
  3. network connected but no internet

network connected but no internet: Help. I connected my LAN cable to my laptop but it only shows network no internet[ATTACH] when i do ipconfig/all this is the result C:\Windows\system32>ipconfig/all Windows IP Configuration Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : LAPTOP-QRF73OS5 Primary Dns...
  4. Solitaire Collection Reports "No Internet Connection"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Solitaire Collection Reports "No Internet Connection": I receive a message when starting the Solitaire Collection that I am not connected to the internet. But I am able to browse any website and LAN settings inform that I am connected. I tried the Internet Connections Troubleshooter, reset the Microsoft store, reinstalled the...
  5. Can connect to Internet but Windows reports "No Internet Access"

Can connect to Internet but Windows reports "No Internet Access": As today I resumed my PC from hibernation, the network icon in taskbar reports with yellow exclamation mark. In Network and Sharing Center it reports no Internet access via Ethernet, and Private Network. However, Network Adapter shows clearly Ethernet is running normal...
  6. Solitaire Collection Reports "No Internet Connection" - LAN Settings Reports Internet...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Solitaire Collection Reports "No Internet Connection" - LAN Settings Reports Internet...: I'm really tired of this. Solitaire Collection reports I am not connected to the internet even though I can browse any website, even though LAN settings reports I am connected. I have tried to reset the Microsoft store using wsreset as an administrator. I have tried the...
  7. no network connection but connected to internet

no network connection but connected to internet: Windows 10 Home Version 1803 I recently changed my ISP. Now I'm connected to the internet, but Microsoft apps/app store/updates and such say I'm not connected. I've searched the forums and tried every fix I can find. I've reset the network adapter and tried updating the...
  8. Connected to internet but computer falsely reporting no connection

Connected to internet but computer falsely reporting no connection: Hi I have a Windows 7 Laptop that I recently upgraded to Windows 10. About a week after the upgrade the Internet Icon and the Wi-Fi page in settings have been falsely reporting that I have no internet connection. Yet I am on the internet. I can use Chrome and all other...
  9. Windows reports Internet connection is fine, but no real connection

Windows reports Internet connection is fine, but no real connection: So after trying to share files in my network I created a Homegroup with my other Windows 10 computer - where the Internet works fine. The problem computer is just a media center designed to run Kodi. I had no user account yet. So I created a password for my "default"...
  10. Windows 10 reporting that computer is not connected to a network

Windows 10 reporting that computer is not connected to a network: Windows 10 erroneously reporting that computer is not connected to a network or internet, when all other programs can connect. Cannot activate software or download new optional windows components: I needed to reset my windows installation recently, since then windows does...