Windows 10: Windows 10 reports no problems, but laptop speakers have no sound

Discus and support Windows 10 reports no problems, but laptop speakers have no sound in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/in_her_drawer [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/in_her_drawer, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Windows 10 reports no problems, but laptop speakers have no sound

/u/in_her_drawer, Apr 6, 2021
  2. Opie540 Win User

sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Apr 6, 2021
  3. No sound from laptop when speakers are disconnected

I have an elderly (7 years old) Dell Inspiron 17 R that I keep as a fallback laptop. I have Win 10 Pro, fully up-to date.

I recently lost sound, when no external speakers are connected. (For info related to speakers, see further down this post.)

The following are my troubleshooting steps.

------------------------------

Windows Audio is running.

External speakers are disconnected.

In Device Manager > Sound

Disable, then re-enable:

- IDT High Definition Audio
    - Intel Display Audio

That did not resolve the issue.
    ------------------------------------
    Download and run: Intel Driver and Support Assistant.

-------------------------------------

Control Panel > Sound > Playback tab

Select "Speakers/Headphones"

Click Configure

Click Test

Both speakers pass

-----------------------------------------

Sound is OK from both speakers when they are connected. But on this specific laptop, I really have no interest in any sound coming from the external speakers (or headphones). I simply want the sound from the laptop itself.

How can I restore my sound?

Footnote: I have no Realtek driver. Is that unusual? I can't remember whether the old laptop actually had a Realtek.

Thanks.

OldGrantonian, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Windows 10 reports no problems, but laptop speakers have no sound

Disable beep sound when plugging/unplugging laptop charger

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Disable the PC Speakers and check if it helps.

• Right click on Sound Icon in the task bar and go to Playback devices.
    • Select Speaker and click on properties.
    • Go to Levels tab, and mute (or you can reduce it) PC Speaker and check if it helps.

Vanan Iyer, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 reports no problems, but laptop speakers have no sound

1. Windows 10 reports no problems, but laptop speakers have no sound - Similar Threads - reports problems laptop

2. Buzzing Sound Laptop Speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Buzzing Sound Laptop Speaker: Hi, I have this very low buzzing sound coming from my laptop speaker. I tried many things, and they work at certain point. Microphone Properties-listen to this device box on. this is the only way it stops making this buzzing sound. But if I mute my speaker it starts again....
  3. Buzzing Sound Laptop Speaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Buzzing Sound Laptop Speaker: Hi, I have this very low buzzing sound coming from my laptop speaker. I tried many things, and they work at certain point. Microphone Properties-listen to this device box on. this is the only way it stops making this buzzing sound. But if I mute my speaker it starts again....
  4. Problem with sound on speakers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with sound on speakers.: Hello,I have a problem, after installing a fresh Windows 11, I noticed that the sound from the speakers is lower than when using Windows 10.I was looking for a solution on my own, reinstalling the sound drivers ant nothing helped....
  5. Problem with sound on speakers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with sound on speakers.: Hello,I have a problem, after installing a fresh Windows 11, I noticed that the sound from the speakers is lower than when using Windows 10.I was looking for a solution on my own, reinstalling the sound drivers ant nothing helped....
  6. Laptop speaker having sound issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop speaker having sound issue: Split from this thread. hello sir i have issue with my speaker of laptop having pop up sound issue.plz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-speaker-having-sound-issue/4f671d48-fe59-4a23-85e8-a06d2dc8c50e
  7. Windows 10: Left laptop speaker sounds bad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10: Left laptop speaker sounds bad: My left speaker sounds a rough when it plays audio It happened as soon as I tried to dual boot Ubuntu but cancelled the operation due to not recognising Windows Here's the things that I have done Failed Reinstalling drivers Checking for updates Downloading the same...
  8. Problem connecting to bluetooth sound speaker in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem connecting to bluetooth sound speaker in Windows 10: Hello, I have a Fujitsu U7510 with Windows 10 20H2. I just bought a Anker Soundcore Flare 360º bluetooth sound speaker (https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Bluetooth-Soundcore-Wireless-Waterproof/dp/B07BHP4W36) and I was able to connect my Android phone to the sound speaker...
  9. Having sound problem in windows 10

Having sound problem in windows 10: I can't hear sound in my laptop after recent windows 10 update even other sound device also not working please help to solve this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-sound-problem-in-windows-10/28c887b6-0887-4417-8e16-ef201d6a9c44
  10. Bluetooth Speaker / Sound problem on Windows 10?

Bluetooth Speaker / Sound problem on Windows 10?: Hi, I'm having trouble with my Bluetooth speaker on Win10. on the Bluetooth tab is connected but on the sound is always shown disconnected. I've used the same bluetooth speaker on my laptop with windows 8 and it worked perfectly fine but it won't work recently after I've...