Windows 10: Windows 10 Repositioning and Resizing

Discus and support Windows 10 Repositioning and Resizing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I prevent Windows 10 windows from repositioning and resizing after sleep?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CurtAllen2, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Repositioning and Resizing

How can I prevent Windows 10 windows from repositioning and resizing after sleep?

:)

CurtAllen2, Oct 22, 2020
  2. FrankMill Win User

Using the touchpad to reposition/resize windows

Hopefully I'm missing something simple but can anyone tell me how to reposition/resize an open app using the touchpad?

It's very simple to do with the mouse or with the pen.

Thanks.

FrankMill, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Win 10 - Resize screen windows

Hello,

We regret the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to resize the File Explorer window to the position you prefer. Because Windows remembers the positions of the Windows when repositioning.

If you resize using a corner (preferably not the corner with the min, max, and close buttons) you can resize both height and width at the same time.

Let us know if the above recommendation is helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Repositioning and Resizing

Repositioning app window on dual monitor, Windows 10

Hi Dreed,

Thank you for your response.

In this case, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check.

1. Launch Skype.
    2. Drag the Skype Window to secondary monitor.
    3. Resize the window as per your preference.
    4. Maximize the Window and Restore Down.
    5. Then close the skype window in secondary monitor.
    6. Then try re-launching and check if the issue resolves.

Regards.

Manjunath_H, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Repositioning and Resizing

1. Windows 10 Repositioning and Resizing - Similar Threads - Repositioning Resizing

2. Windows 10: The program window doesn't move as I hold & move the mouse click to reposition...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: The program window doesn't move as I hold & move the mouse click to reposition...: Every other computer I've had allows me to grab a window by the top bar and move them around. You see the window move as you hold left click and move the mouse. This is not the case with my current machine . You click on the top bar and move the mouse and the window stays...
  3. Windows 10: The program window doesn't move as I hold & move the mouse click to reposition...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10: The program window doesn't move as I hold & move the mouse click to reposition...: Every other computer I've had allows me to grab a window by the top bar and move them around. You see the window move as you hold left click and move the mouse. This is not the case with my current machine . You click on the top bar and move the mouse and the window stays...
  4. Windows 10: The program window doesn't move as I hold & move the mouse click to reposition...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 windows resizing and repositioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 windows resizing and repositioning: My windows in Windows 10 desktop are resizing and repositioning to the upper left corner AFTER windows update automatically runs weekly in the middle of the night. When I wake the computer up, the windows are shrunk and repositioned and I need to adjust. Is there any way to...
  6. Windows 10 windows resizing and repositioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 windows resizing and repositioning: My windows in Windows 10 desktop are resizing and repositioning to the upper left corner AFTER windows update automatically runs weekly in the middle of the night. When I wake the computer up, the windows are shrunk and repositioned and I need to adjust. Is there any way to...
  7. Windows 10 windows resizing and repositioning

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How do I stop windows repositioning and resizing?

How do I stop windows repositioning and resizing?: I know I've been here a lot lately. I have used Windows since 1997, but I have a new HP desktop machine, and I am having issues I've never encountered before. If I power off the monitor and later power it on, I find my app windows have resized smaller and reposition to...
  9. Windows 10 repositions/resizes programs when locking or switching users

Windows 10 repositions/resizes programs when locking or switching users: This is a common issue among large screen resolutions and has been around since at least 2011 as evident by this post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/is-there-a-way-to-set-windows-7-login-screen/b6b95eb5-736e-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5 Will...
  10. V. 1703 resizes/repositions program windows after turning off screen

in Windows 10 Support
    V. 1703 resizes/repositions program windows after turning off screen: Hello all, I updated Windows 10 (64 Bit) to Version 1703 yesterday. Since doing so, Windows resizes and repositions the program windows on my laptop display whenever I turn off (and on again) my screen. I use Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500 and all drivers are up to date....