Windows 10: Windows 10 requesting Activation when it has been active for 5 years and Troubleshooting

Discus and support Windows 10 requesting Activation when it has been active for 5 years and Troubleshooting in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Afternoon, On Thursday my system prompted and stated Activate Windows and on Friday my Microsoft email/office stopped functioning as well. When I go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MarkWelch4, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Windows 10 requesting Activation when it has been active for 5 years and Troubleshooting

Afternoon,

On Thursday my system prompted and stated Activate Windows and on Friday my Microsoft email/office stopped functioning as well. When I go to activate it states invalid activation key and directs me to the store. I have had this version installed for several years and now the troubleshooter isn't working and neither is the office troubleshooter. I also cannot go to a past recovery point to fix the issue.

Can you locate my key when I registered and joined Microsoft, how can I resolve?

:)

MarkWelch4, Feb 1, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Feb 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I did a full clean install of Windows 10 a while back and it will not activate. I didn't do a clean install from Windows 7/8/8.1 it was from Windows 10 (activated) so I expected it to activate just fine since it was fine before hand.

My Windows 10 license wasn't created from a previous Windows 7/8/8.1 key I got it from signing up to be an insider back in Nov of 2014. I installed a preview build on my laptop from the insider program and it worked just fine and it automatically upgraded to newer and newer preview builds and then to the full release automatically, fully activated and working fine. I did a full clean install not long ago (expect it to go through without issue since it was working before) and now it will not activate and I can't find any info on how to get it to activate and I can't seem to find the insider Windows 10 key.

Microsoft online support was useless and the gave me the toll free number to tech support.. I am currently on the phone waiting, they said it could be a 1hr 30min wait.. sigh.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

LightningJR, Feb 1, 2020
  4. qubit Win User

Windows 10 requesting Activation when it has been active for 5 years and Troubleshooting

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

This kinda sucks. However, if one is upgrading from a retail W7/8, then it should activate on different hardware, with possible phone activation required if it's been over 120 days or whatever the timeout period is now since the last activation. Remember to erase the copy on the old hardware, of course.

qubit, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 requesting Activation when it has been active for 5 years and Troubleshooting

1. Windows 10 requesting Activation when it has been active for 5 years and Troubleshooting - Similar Threads - requesting Activation has

2. windows 10 wants to me to activate it when it has been activated before

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 wants to me to activate it when it has been activated before: ok so I was chilling on the couch using my mothers laptop and the some message popped up saying the computer needed to be activated so I searched it up on google and I learned that the laptop was already activated so I questioned the internet and it was unhelpful now im here...
  3. windows 10 wants to me to activate it when it has been activated before

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 wants to me to activate it when it has been activated before: ok so I was chilling on the couch using my mothers laptop and the some message popped up saying the computer needed to be activated so I searched it up on google and I learned that the laptop was already activated so I questioned the internet and it was unhelpful now im here...
  4. windows 10 wants to me to activate it when it has been activated before

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 shows it has been activated, but still requests activation

Windows 10 shows it has been activated, but still requests activation: I'm using a Lenovo G50 that came with Windows 10 Enterprise pre-installed. Until recently, I could work on it without any problem, but now it shows a message that it needs to be activated, even though it shows that Windows has been activated at the top. [ATTACH] To...
  6. Windows 10 activation troubleshooting

Windows 10 activation troubleshooting: I have the "We can't activate Windows on this device right now. You can try activating again later or go to the Store to buy genuine Windows. Error Code: 0xC004F009" and it wont go away even though I have Windows 10 Home. I have tried Troubleshooting and restarting but it...
  7. Activate Windows appear after have been using windows for 5 years

Activate Windows appear after have been using windows for 5 years: Last week, I have seen the Activate Windows sign appears on the bottom right of the screen. I have been using this laptop for almost 5 years and have zero issue on the window license. I can't acitive on setting->Window update. It shows Error code:0x80004005 which I googled...
  8. Activation troubleshooter - 'The request is blocked'

Activation troubleshooter - 'The request is blocked': Hello community, I have been trying to activate Windows 10 on my newly built PC. Everytime I click on troubleshoot and then on the 'I changed hardware on this device recently' option it opens a new window header: Microsoft account, loads for a bit and then says 'The...
  9. Windows 10 activation troubleshooting

Windows 10 activation troubleshooting: Purchased a refurb with Win 10 installed. I get an activation message. When I attempt to activate, says it's unable. Getting these error codes 0x80070005 and 0x800f0805 I have an account and am signed on...any help is appreciated....
  10. Windows 10 activation troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 activation troubleshooter: I recently changed nearly all the part in my PC and had to reinstall windows 10 to this new hard drive. I go into settings to reactive it, use the troubleshooter to select my PCs copy of windows and I'm met with a message saying it cannot reactivate windows on this device,...