Windows 10: windows 10 require password from sleep not working

Discus and support windows 10 require password from sleep not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have my pc set to require password after sleep but it is not working - windows 10 . How do I fix this?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Asualia, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Asualia Win User

windows 10 require password from sleep not working

I have my pc set to require password after sleep but it is not working - windows 10 . How do I fix this?

:)

Asualia, Jun 4, 2019

2. password requirement after sleep

To assist you with your concern, you may refer to the steps below on how to skip password prompt after sleep:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Choose Never from the drop-down menu under Require sign-in to complete the task.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Require Password after sleep not working.

Hi,

About your concern in removing the password in your PC. Please follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Click “Start”, type “Power Options” in the start search box, and press “Enter”.
    • Click on “Require Password on Wakeup” on the left pane.
    • Select the option “Change settings that are unavailable”.
    • Select the option “Don't require a password".

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Phillip Pio, Jun 4, 2019
  4. windows 10 require password from sleep not working

Windows 10 does not require a password option, when waking up from sleep.

Hi Yashwanth Kotakuri,

Thanks for your quick reply. Problems is I have already performed the steps you outline 3 times, (including re-boot), without resolve.

Thus I write here in hopes to find out why.

History, this machine was an updrade to Win 10 from Win 7. In Win 7 the settings were to require a password on waking from sleep.

I performed the steps you have outlined thinking it would overwrite the Win 7 settings however it did not.

In an email received from Microsoft Community on Sun 24/04/16 02:31 stating the same information received from Kotakuri above.

From: Microsoft Community [L: mailto:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***]

Sent: 24 April 2016 2:31 AM

To: L:
    *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Subject: Reply marked as answer: Windows 10 does not require a password option, when waking up from sleep.

I attempt to reply by standard email including attached screen snaps however that email failed.

My reply excluding attachments:

From: David Horton [mailto:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***]

Sent: 24 April 2016 10:25 AM

To: 'Microsoft Community'

Subject: RE: Reply marked as answer: Windows 10 does not require a password option, when waking up from sleep.

Hello

Again I try the steps suggested without success:

* Press Windows key, type
    Power Options and select same from the list.

• This step does nothing more than bringing up the start menu.
    • So I chose Start\Settings then type
      Power Options and select same from the list.
    • See Attachment: Power Options - 001.png

* Click Require a password on wakeup
    on left side panel,

• This step brings up the window: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\System Settings.
    • See Attachment: Power Options - 002.png

* Click Change settings that are currently unavailable,
    and under password protection on wakeup, select radio button
    Require a password (recommended)

• This step allows for adjustment and as we see the radio button
      Require a password has already been selected, then
      Click Change settings that are currently unavailable,
      Don’t require a password and save settings.
    • See Attachment: Power Options - 003.png
    • Click Change settings that are currently unavailable,
      Require a passwordand save settings.
    • See Attachment: Power Options - 004.png

* Click Apply and
    OK.

• I wait for the computer to go to sleep and wait to hear the fan settle down then move the mouse and the machine wakes up without requiring a password.
    • So I go further: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings and adjust the Put The Computer To Sleep: to 3 minutes and Save Changes.
    • See Attachment: Power Options - 005.png
    • I walk away, make a coffee and come back and check the computer in 6 minutes and still the computer wakes up without requiring a password.

I could not find the answer to my problem in your forum and the links in the email below do not take me to the original
    thread allowing me to answer in the
    thread.

Thus I answer by this email in hopes to find a resolve.

PS: I am not new to computers, windows or mac and I am a qualifies mechanical engineer of 30 years if It helps.

Best Regards

Dr_Horton

Dr Horton_1958, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 require password from sleep not working

1. windows 10 require password from sleep not working - Similar Threads - require password sleep

2. Stop Windows from requiring a password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stop Windows from requiring a password?: I have the sign-in required option set to never, but I believe my PC automatically updated, a feature which I totally despise, but which Windows seems to believe is necessary, and I was prompted for a password to get back in. How can I be sure I will never be prompted for a...
  3. password requirements on both hibernation and sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    password requirements on both hibernation and sleep: Hi all. I'm having sign-in issues. What I want is to be able to require password upon waking from hibernation, but not sleep. Is this a possibility? Thanks for any consideration and replies....
  4. PC Sleep options password required?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PC Sleep options password required?: Can you guys do a favor for me and check in Settings/Accounts/Sign-in Options and see if you have the same red warning text that policies are set to require a password when PC wakes from Sleep and the options are grayed-out? Because in my Group Policy settings I have all...
  5. PC Sleep options password required?

PC Sleep options password required?: Can you guys do a favor for me and check in Settings/Accounts/Sign-in Options and see if you have the same red warning text that policies are set to require a password when PC wakes from Sleep and the options are grayed-out? Because in my Group Policy settings I have all...
  6. No ability to require a password when waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    No ability to require a password when waking from sleep: I'm hoping someone else has found a resolution to a persistent problem. I have no option available anywhere to require/not require a password when waking from sleep. I have a Windows 10 Home, 64 bit computer (in fact several of them) that is kept up to date with every Windows...
  7. windows 10 sleep and password is not working

windows 10 sleep and password is not working: in windows 10, how to disable password from sleep. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-10-sleep-and-password-is-not-working/6e8ab88d-165d-4f72-a198-6dcd3173f084"
  8. Require password after sleep.

Require password after sleep.: I need my Windows 10 computer to require my windows password after waking from sleep. All answers on the web point to either the 'Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Power Options' menu or the 'Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options' menu. I have checked both and the...
  9. No option to disable required password waking from sleep in 1607

No option to disable required password waking from sleep in 1607: My Toshiba updated to 1607 the other day and I found it wasn't sleeping with the timeout I have set in power options. So I created a new power plan and set the sleep timeout again. When I went to wake the system I found I'd forgotten to disable the option to require a...
  10. Password Required after sleep

Password Required after sleep: I have suddenly got a power management problem. On first boot up the laptop fires up Win Home and does not require a password input. However if I close the lid, the laptop goes to sleep. open the lid press space bar and it now asks for the login password. I have run...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 require password for install

2. windows require password on wake 2019