Windows 10: Windows 10 required update cause screen to go blank

Discus and support Windows 10 required update cause screen to go blank in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Recently, I installed that Windows 10 update that said something about it being required and that the old version is not supported anymore or something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by rasmasyean, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Windows 10 required update cause screen to go blank

Recently, I installed that Windows 10 update that said something about it being required and that the old version is not supported anymore or something like that. It turns the desktop light blue (vs. dark blue).

Shortly after login, the screen goes blank. I found no way of recovering from it apart from pressing the power button to shut down the machine. Then it rinses and repeats.

It also wakes up blank after going to sleep.

Any ideas?

In case it matters, the machine is this:
    Acer Veriton N2620G

:)

rasmasyean, Sep 16, 2019

2. KB4497935 CAUSING INFINITE BLACK SCREEN WITH SPINNING CIRCLE

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

Please answer these questions to get additional information for clarity:

1. Are you getting a black screen before signing in to Windows 10?
    2. Are you getting a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10?
    3. Are you getting a black screen with spinning dots after restarting the device?

Some of the common scenarios that can cause a black or blank screen to occur are connection problems with your display, display adapter driver update issues, or issues with recent updates or installations.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to check if that works.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14106/windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-or-blank-screen-errors

Let us know the result of the steps performed so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Sep 16, 2019
  3. 7.62 Win User
    Windows updates causing lockup

Hi guys.

No, I cant even get the update screen. I cant find a answer on the internet.

Start -> all programs --> windows update --> check for updates.

10 seconds later, complete system lock up requiring a hard reboot. If I try to install a printer that needs to check windows update, same thing.

I even tried the windows update troubleshooter http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Open-the-Windows-Update-troubleshooter

Then that program 'checks for solutions online', and then hard lock again. VERY frustrating. What would be causing this?

4. Windows 10 required update cause screen to go blank

Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 required update cause screen to go blank

1. Windows 10 required update cause screen to go blank - Similar Threads - required update cause

2. screen keeps going blank/black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen keeps going blank/black: my screen keeps going blank specially when im watching twitch or my pc crashes when I play games while also watching YouTube iv completely re installed windows 11 and im still getting this error or similar ones all with 141 code please help me, put me out of my misery!! I...
  3. screen keeps going blank/black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen keeps going blank/black: my screen keeps going blank specially when im watching twitch or my pc crashes when I play games while also watching YouTube iv completely re installed windows 11 and im still getting this error or similar ones all with 141 code please help me, put me out of my misery!! I...
  4. Blank Screen After Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Screen After Windows 10 update: Hello, I'm facing a problem with my laptop dell xps 13, where there is a blank screen after singing in, this happened immediately after I updated the system. I went into Microsoft support page...
  5. Windows Update screen is blank.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update screen is blank.: I have two PCs. One custom build desktop and one Asus’s laptop. Today I decided to do optional cumulative update. And so I updated my laptop. My laptop showed downloading update, installing and then rebooted successfully. After that, I updated my custom build desktop, it...
  6. WINDOWS UPDATE SCREEN IS BLANK...////

WINDOWS UPDATE SCREEN IS BLANK...////: Hello, Whenever I click update tab, this blank screen appears and some blue dots run horizontaly at the top. PLEASE HELP........ [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-screen-is-blank/b399e20d-40c6-44ba-8abc-d9f7767d2044
  7. laptop screen keeps going blank

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop screen keeps going blank: AS 5735Z - w10 1809 18763.475 Every now and then I can toggle it on meaning moving on touch pad, or fn+F6, but not at will, but after less than 5sec it reverts back off. video card is intel gma4500 wddm 1.1 driver 8.15.10.2702 10/03/2013 Is it possible to fix or stabilize...
  8. Windows Update screen is Blank

Windows Update screen is Blank: I have a Windows 10 Home and recently my windows update screen is showing blank, it is not showing me an updates or anything. I have tried reset windows update with a reboot and still it cannot resolve the issue. Have tried the Windows assistance update page from...
  9. Windows 10 September 2019 update causing blank screen on login

Windows 10 September 2019 update causing blank screen on login: My wife ran the latest Windows update on September 19th, 2019 - no apparent problems. She logged in afterwards to answer the various upgrade questions. She then started the machine this morning - all fine. She logged out, I logged in. It went through the final stages of...
  10. Warning! new windows update causes blank screen!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Warning! new windows update causes blank screen!: Warning! new windows update causes blank screen! 95422