Windows 10: Windows 10 requires me to 'Open app with' on EVERY app I open

Discus and support Windows 10 requires me to 'Open app with' on EVERY app I open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I had a problem some time in the past and I managed to solve it via the help of the internet, but I changed some kind of option or so and now,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by robita233, Nov 28, 2018.

1. robita233 Win User

Windows 10 requires me to 'Open app with' on EVERY app I open

Hello,
    I had a problem some time in the past and I managed to solve it via the help of the internet, but I changed some kind of option or so and now, whenever I try to open anything it requires me to "Open app with", even when I started windows today it gave me a error related to system32 or something but finally managed to start up. Even when I try to start task manager it gives me an error, when I opened chrome it required me to select chrome from the list in order to open it.
    The problem is irritating and sometimes it slows or stops my work, I would very much appreciate your help in order to turn back whatever I changed before.

Thank you very much in advance,

Robert.

:)

robita233, Nov 28, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 requires me to 'Open app with' on EVERY app I open :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 28, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jan 28, 2020
  4. Windows 10 requires me to 'Open app with' on EVERY app I open

default apps not opening in windows 10

Hi,

• Run the SFC.
    Follow the below steps:

• Open Command Prompt.

• Select “Run as Administrator”.

• Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.

• I would suggest you to run the App troubleshooter and check if that fixes the issue.
    a. Open Control Panel and click on troubleshooting.

b. Click on View All. Click on Windows Apps. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Also refer to:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app

Anannya Podder, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 requires me to 'Open app with' on EVERY app I open

1. Windows 10 requires me to 'Open app with' on EVERY app I open - Similar Threads - requires 'Open app

2. Every Time I Open Apps it Wants Me To Reinstall Them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every Time I Open Apps it Wants Me To Reinstall Them: Every time I try to open apps like BlueJ, Anaconda, and more, it asks me to reinstall it every time despite the files already existing on my computer. This has been a persistent issue for a while now, upwards of a few months. There's no error message, it just keeps asking me...
  3. Every Time I Open Apps it Wants Me To Reinstall Them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every Time I Open Apps it Wants Me To Reinstall Them: Every time I try to open apps like BlueJ, Anaconda, and more, it asks me to reinstall it every time despite the files already existing on my computer. This has been a persistent issue for a while now, upwards of a few months. There's no error message, it just keeps asking me...
  4. Every Time I Open Apps it Wants Me To Reinstall Them

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. i can't open the windows security app when i open it it shows me the a message that the app...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't open the windows security app when i open it it shows me the a message that the app...: this is the message that appear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-the-windows-security-app-when-i-open/623236bf-9d6e-46b5-88d3-3bf9163d22a3
  6. i can't open the windows security app when i open it it shows me the a message that the app...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can't open the windows security app when i open it it shows me the a message that the app...: this is the message that appear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-the-windows-security-app-when-i-open/623236bf-9d6e-46b5-88d3-3bf9163d22a3
  7. Settings app crashing every time I open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app crashing every time I open it: My settings app crashes every time I open it, I've tried 5 different "solutions", tried reverting to an earlier version using system restore and even reinstalled windows but nothing has changed except I actually got an error message after one of them, as below:Does anyone...
  8. Microsoft Edge is not letting me Modify the app, it opens every time I open my laptop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge is not letting me Modify the app, it opens every time I open my laptop.: I have a dell g7 7500, Chrome is my default browser but Microsoft edge launches every time I open the laptop. I tried to go to settings, then apps and modify it but once it asks if edge can make changes to my computer I click yes and it does nothing. I have tried it numerous...
  9. Every time I open an app Microsoft Store opens instead

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Every time I open an app Microsoft Store opens instead: I downloades fruity loops studio online and everytime i open the installer the microsoft store opens up instead telling me that i have to buy fruity loops mobile which is not even the one i downloaded from online...
  10. AdBlock is closing EVERY app that i open.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AdBlock is closing EVERY app that i open.: Yesterday, I downloaded AdBlocker because I was getting to many ads. Since then, every app developed by Microsoft closes. e.g. Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Store etc....