Windows 10: Windows 10 requires me to 'Open app with' on EVERY app I open

Discus and support Windows 10 requires me to 'Open app with' on EVERY app I open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I had a problem some time in the past and I managed to solve it via the help of the internet, but I changed some kind of option or so and now,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by robita233, Nov 28, 2018.

1. robita233 Win User

Windows 10 requires me to 'Open app with' on EVERY app I open

Hello,
    I had a problem some time in the past and I managed to solve it via the help of the internet, but I changed some kind of option or so and now, whenever I try to open anything it requires me to "Open app with", even when I started windows today it gave me a error related to system32 or something but finally managed to start up. Even when I try to start task manager it gives me an error, when I opened chrome it required me to select chrome from the list in order to open it.
    The problem is irritating and sometimes it slows or stops my work, I would very much appreciate your help in order to turn back whatever I changed before.

Thank you very much in advance,

Robert.

:)

robita233, Nov 28, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 requires me to 'Open app with' on EVERY app I open :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 28, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jan 28, 2020
  4. Windows 10 requires me to 'Open app with' on EVERY app I open

default apps not opening in windows 10

Hi,

• Run the SFC.
    Follow the below steps:

• Open Command Prompt.

• Select “Run as Administrator”.

• Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.

• I would suggest you to run the App troubleshooter and check if that fixes the issue.
    a. Open Control Panel and click on troubleshooting.

b. Click on View All. Click on Windows Apps. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Also refer to:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app

Anannya Podder, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 requires me to 'Open app with' on EVERY app I open

1. Windows 10 requires me to 'Open app with' on EVERY app I open - Similar Threads - requires 'Open app

2. Windows App file will not let me open it

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows App file will not let me open it: I want to get into the Windows App file, but it says I do not have permission to access the file, and to go to the security settings. I went there to grant myself access, but it won't let me. How do I get access to this file? Also, how can I change which drive it saves to?...
  3. Open With Apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open With Apps: Hello, This is a quick question so I was coding this thing and basically I accidentally clicked open with Visual Studio Code is there any way I can reset it to open the way I downloaded it?...
  4. apps not opening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    apps not opening: when i try to open apps it wont open and shows like"We’re updating Camera. It should be ready to use again shortly."how can i solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-not-opening/9c2948db-b57a-41a5-a989-b02d26f4688a
  5. Opening an app opens the app store instead.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening an app opens the app store instead.: I am trying to open an app that I have on xbox ultimate but when I click on the app it opens the app store instead on the gaming services page. I have tried reinstalling gaming services. This appears to be intermittent as it's happened before and a couple of restarts...
  6. Apps will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps will not open: APPS WILL NOT OPEN I'm trying to reset my computer, went to go open settings, and it practically just acts like I've clicked nothing. Same with the home button, except when I click the physical button, it doesn't work either. Please help....
  7. AdBlock is closing EVERY app that i open.

AdBlock is closing EVERY app that i open.: Yesterday, I downloaded AdBlocker because I was getting to many ads. Since then, every app developed by Microsoft closes. e.g. Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Store etc....
  8. apps not opening

apps not opening: hey can someone help me with my problem yesterday all of a sudden some of my apps stopped opening I think all apps are related to the app store and this is a brand new device so I am really shocked and need help urgently...
  9. No apps opening

No apps opening: I have a Lenovo computer, only about a year old, all working fine up until now. Now, after starting it up, nothing will open up. I've tried opening Office documents (Word, Excel), Gmail, Chrome, One-Drive etc. I've tried several times over the last week. I've just turned it...
  10. Apps Not Opening?

Apps Not Opening?: Hi guys. I think i've cocked up somewhere after as i did a Powershll command to try to sort out my random hangs in Explorer (ironically it doesn't happen now) but the majority of my apps don't seem to open now. Most of them, including Store, are categorised under Other in...