Windows 10: Windows 10 requires me to 'Open app with' on EVERY app I open

Discus and support Windows 10 requires me to 'Open app with' on EVERY app I open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I had a problem some time in the past and I managed to solve it via the help of the internet, but I changed some kind of option or so and now,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by robita233, Nov 28, 2018.

1. robita233 Win User

Windows 10 requires me to 'Open app with' on EVERY app I open

Hello,
    I had a problem some time in the past and I managed to solve it via the help of the internet, but I changed some kind of option or so and now, whenever I try to open anything it requires me to "Open app with", even when I started windows today it gave me a error related to system32 or something but finally managed to start up. Even when I try to start task manager it gives me an error, when I opened chrome it required me to select chrome from the list in order to open it.
    The problem is irritating and sometimes it slows or stops my work, I would very much appreciate your help in order to turn back whatever I changed before.

Thank you very much in advance,

Robert.

:)

robita233, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 requires me to 'Open app with' on EVERY app I open

1. Windows 10 requires me to 'Open app with' on EVERY app I open - Similar Threads - requires 'Open app

2. Open app on same monitor that I used Start Menu to open the app.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open app on same monitor that I used Start Menu to open the app.: Right now Windows remembers the monitor that you last shutdown the program in, and when you reopen the app, it reopens it in that same position. HOWEVER, nowadays, I use web apps which all run in a browser. That means I have 4 different browser windows open across 2 or 3...
  3. AdBlock is closing EVERY app that i open.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AdBlock is closing EVERY app that i open.: Yesterday, I downloaded AdBlocker because I was getting to many ads. Since then, every app developed by Microsoft closes. e.g. Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Store etc....
  4. apps not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    apps not opening: hey can someone help me with my problem yesterday all of a sudden some of my apps stopped opening I think all apps are related to the app store and this is a brand new device so I am really shocked and need help urgently...
  5. No apps opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No apps opening: I have a Lenovo computer, only about a year old, all working fine up until now. Now, after starting it up, nothing will open up. I've tried opening Office documents (Word, Excel), Gmail, Chrome, One-Drive etc. I've tried several times over the last week. I've just turned it...
  6. "This app can't open" for Windows apps

"This app can't open" for Windows apps: Not sure when this started, as I don't use Windows Apps very often, but currently I cannot access Windows Store or Windows apps except, apparently Edge and Calendar. On my start menu, other apps' tiles and the Store tile are greyed out with an exclamation point: [img]...
  7. Apps Not Opening?

Apps Not Opening?: Hi guys. I think i've cocked up somewhere after as i did a Powershll command to try to sort out my random hangs in Explorer (ironically it doesn't happen now) but the majority of my apps don't seem to open now. Most of them, including Store, are categorised under Other in...
  8. Apps not opening

Apps not opening: I have several MS apps that will not open and are unavailable. I have been on the internet for 2 days now trying to fix it. I tried re-regisitering them through cmd and this is the what it tells me C:\Users\Wendy\Desktop>PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "&...
  9. Windows 10 Apps not opening

Windows 10 Apps not opening: Hello, I noticed since I installed Windows 10 that not all of the built-in windows apps work like Calender and Mail. I get a "This app can't be opened" error. Also the Store seems to flicker and close itself when I click on it. Is there any solution? Thanks in advance 16863
  10. Windows 10 Apps will not open.

Windows 10 Apps will not open.: More specifically Groove Music, Store, Calendar and Mail. When opening a file that opens Groove Music, the error I get is this Screenshot Funny thing is that it worked fine a few days ago, and I have no idea why it doesn't work now. Can someone help? 43793