Windows 10: Windows 10 requiring random re-login to unc drive shares

Discus and support Windows 10 requiring random re-login to unc drive shares in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have drives that I connect to on different computers in our workgroup. After connecting with a username and password and then clicking "Remember My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gordon McKenzie, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Windows 10 requiring random re-login to unc drive shares

I have drives that I connect to on different computers in our workgroup. After connecting with a username and password and then clicking "Remember My Credentials", I can access the drive as needed. However, in what seems to be a random fashion, I have to re-enter those credentials every so often. Is there a way to prevent this from occurring?Thanks

:)

Gordon McKenzie, Jun 23, 2021

2. The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible. Please select another.

Hi Oscar. I'm Greg, an Independent Advisor here to help until this is resolved.

What works for others is to uninstall the launcher including removing any reference to it in the registry, then reinstall it from a fresh download. Steps here:

The drive or UNC share you have selected does not exist or is not accessible. - Questions
    - Escape from Tarkov Forum

The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not - Microsoft Community

Before editing the registry, set a System Restore point first so you can go back if necessary:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-system-r...

If this does not work at first there are other suggestions given that worked for others in the same thread. I can also help you as needed to make the registry change given, and to search the registry for any remaining keys for the launcher following this guide
    to search the registry:

Search Windows Registry Keys, Values and Settings

Keep me posted on your progress as I will be here to help until the case is resolved.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Jun 23, 2021
  3. MainSoft Win User
    Automatically disconnecting a UNC Share when closing Windows session

Thanks but as mentioned above, I'm not using drive letters. Users connect using a UNC name. UNC shares can be disconnected using the Net use /delete command but obviously, that doesn't work. The command is successful but the UNC share can still be accessed.

MainSoft, Jun 23, 2021
  4. Damo Win User

Windows 10 requiring random re-login to unc drive shares

Windows 10 Pro Cannot UNC to network shares

I'm not entirely sure what the issue was or the resolution. Steps I took:

• Updated Rackstation to latest image
    • Changed the supported SMB version on the RS several times
    • Ensured that SMB 1 / 2 / 3 were enabled in Win 10 via PS

when I try and use UNC alone, Win 10 doesn't want to pass over my custom credentials but if I map the drive in CMD I can enter them.
    This is the first windows 10 I've used with a Microsoft login rather than a local user, it will be the last.

Thema:

Windows 10 requiring random re-login to unc drive shares

1. Windows 10 requiring random re-login to unc drive shares - Similar Threads - requiring random login

2. Login scripts and drive mapping vs UNC shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login scripts and drive mapping vs UNC shortcuts: Hello all.I currently work in a group that supports 50k plus users and is likely to grow in the next year or so. We primarily run Windows 10 and are preparing to migrate over to Windows 11. We have Azure in the environment but haven't implemented it fully. We use the storage...
  3. Login scripts and drive mapping vs UNC shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login scripts and drive mapping vs UNC shortcuts: Hello all.I currently work in a group that supports 50k plus users and is likely to grow in the next year or so. We primarily run Windows 10 and are preparing to migrate over to Windows 11. We have Azure in the environment but haven't implemented it fully. We use the storage...
  4. Login scripts and drive mapping vs UNC shortcuts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. UNC vs Mapped Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNC vs Mapped Drive: Hi, The organization I work for use windows services to run our service modules. While investigating and auditing our configuration, we've found that we are getting permission issue from using UNC and Mapped drive. Bottom line is; UNC has no issue. However, issue arises if I...
  6. UNC vs Mapped Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UNC vs Mapped Drive: Hi, The organization I work for use windows services to run our service modules. While investigating and auditing our configuration, we've found that we are getting permission issue from using UNC and Mapped drive. Bottom line is; UNC has no issue. However, issue arises if I...
  7. UNC vs Mapped Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Mapped drives and unc path

Mapped drives and unc path: I am runing Windows 10 version 20H2 with all updates applied on a peer to peer network with drives mapped to a shared network location on a Win Server 2012 R2. I also accesed other files from the server using the UNC path to the files. Suddenly both the mapped drives would...
  9. Re-login required after computerhas been asleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Re-login required after computerhas been asleep.: Windows 10 has started asking me for the log-in password when it has been asleep. This is new. Up till very recently just moving the mouse or pressing a key would get me back to where I was when the computer entered sleep mode. Very annoying. Is this some sort of Windows...
  10. Win 10 1803 - using UNC/share to access a folder

Win 10 1803 - using UNC/share to access a folder: Ever since 1803 was 'provided' and PCs updated I have been trying to get this to work. I have read many of the posts relating to this in many forums but to no avail. Essentially the PC has SMB/CIFS File and Printer Sharing is enabled (Client and Server) "Function...