Windows 10: Windows 10 Reset and Keep my Apps

Discus and support Windows 10 Reset and Keep my Apps in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Before I factory reset my windows 10 OS, can I back up my downloaded apps to an external hard drive without having to purchase an expensive program?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by InspironAcademics, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Reset and Keep my Apps

Before I factory reset my windows 10 OS, can I back up my downloaded apps to an external hard drive without having to purchase an expensive program?

:)

InspironAcademics, Feb 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 16, 2019
  3. Cvrk Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/general/howto-install-windows-10-phones-t3030105

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Windows 10 Reset and Keep my Apps [​IMG]

Theres also this official http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/341531-windows-10-preview-nokia-lumia-920-a.html
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

4. Bill Gaer Win User

Windows 10 Reset and Keep my Apps

Reset Windows Update in Windows 10  

Hi Brink

I have looked at the first method you suggested but Microsoft Edge is not featured in the Apps and Features List am I missing something?

If you haven't already, you might see if resetting Microsoft Edge may help fix it.

1) Reset App in Windows 10 Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

2)Reset Microsoft Edge to Default in Windows 10 Windows 10 Browsers Email Tutorials

Regards
    Bill

Bill Gaer, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Reset and Keep my Apps

1. Windows 10 Reset and Keep my Apps - Similar Threads - Reset Keep Apps

2. how to reset windows 10 pc and keep files and apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to reset windows 10 pc and keep files and apps: how to reset windows 10 pc and keep files and apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-windows-10-pc-and-keep-files-and-apps/6975662c-1bef-4d2a-91c4-3516cabdec16
  3. how to reset windows 10 pc and keep files and apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to reset windows 10 pc and keep files and apps: how to reset windows 10 pc and keep files and apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-windows-10-pc-and-keep-files-and-apps/6975662c-1bef-4d2a-91c4-3516cabdec16
  4. how to reset windows 10 pc and keep files and apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. App volume keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App volume keeps resetting: When I'm in a discord call, the app volume of everthing goes to 0 every time someone talks. I figured out that I had to go to Sound contorl panel-Communications-do nothing but it's still resetting every time someone talks. (yes, I did click apply when I changed the setting)...
  6. Windows 10 update reset my desktop/apps and keeps resetting after every update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update reset my desktop/apps and keeps resetting after every update: A few days ago I did a Windows 10 update on my DELL laptop. When trying to login after the update I could not although I was typing the right password showing the message “user profile can not be loaded”. After solving this problem, I noticed that this update had removed...
  7. Default Apps Keep Resetting

Default Apps Keep Resetting: Hi All This is driving me mental. I have the latest, updated, version of Windows 10 and am on a new i7 with 32GB RAM etc. I keep changing my default apps in Window 10 and they keep getting reset… here are some of the examples: .pdf from IE to Acrobat .html from IE to...
  8. Windows 10 keeps resetting default apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 keeps resetting default apps: At least once a week, I have to manually reset the default apps for Photos, Video, and PDF files. The keep getting reset to 'none'. It is not that they are being hijacked by a microsoft app, but rather they just lose the setting altogether. I do not use Edge at all, though...
  9. Windows 10 keeps reseting default apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 keeps reseting default apps: Hello, I'm a IT support technician in a group where we have several hundred of machines with windows 10 1709 Installed (16299.492). I have a problem with a few of them (not all) : Everytime we restart the PC, windows decides to revert the defaults app to default, IE .pdf...
  10. Windows 10 keeps resetting my apps

Windows 10 keeps resetting my apps: Hi. I'm having a problem with windows 10, it keeps resetting my default apps for watching videos and listening to music. I want Windows Media PLayer to be my default app for all of these multimedia files but at least once a day a pop up informs me that there was a...