Windows 10: Windows 10 Reset, does it really replace system files by new ones?

Discus and support Windows 10 Reset, does it really replace system files by new ones? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Im puzzled after Ive read this in Windows 10 Inside-Out: Windows 10 reset accomplishes recovery operations by rebuilding the operating system to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by antonio3535, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Reset, does it really replace system files by new ones?

Im puzzled after Ive read this in Windows 10 Inside-Out:

Windows 10 reset accomplishes recovery operations by rebuilding the operating system to a clean state using existing system files.

Im puzzled at this by rebuilding the operating system to a clean state using existing system filesso it doesnt replace system files with new ones?

In fact, it goes on to say:
    The reset option is a tremendous time-saver, but its not all-powerful. Your attempts to reset Windows can be thwarted by a handful of scenarios:
    If operating system files have been heavily corrupted or infected by malware, the reset process will probably not work.
    so system files arent really replaced by new ones (such as you do with a wipe and reinstall), how does a Windows Reset reinstall system files then? It fixes then somehow?

Does a Windows Refresh does the same in regards to system files?

Any clarification much welcome

:)

antonio3535, Dec 21, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Hard Drive replacement with one of larger size

Hi Simon,

If you’re planning to replace your Hard Drive, we suggest that you back up your files so you can transfer them to the new one. You can follow the steps on how to back up and restore files
    here.

Regarding with the operating system and added programs, you have to reinstall them.

For further queries, feel free to post back.

Marby Rey, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Reset, does it really replace system files by new ones?

missing system file

Hi,

Based on the error messages you're receiving, it appears that your user profile is corrupted. To check if that is really the case, we suggest creating a new user account profile with the steps found on this

link

We also recommend running the System File Checker and
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management
    with the steps in this
    article
    . These tools will scan all of the important Windows files on your computer and replace them if needed.

Let us know if the issue will persist after doing the steps in the articles.

Angela Pun, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Reset, does it really replace system files by new ones?

1. Windows 10 Reset, does it really replace system files by new ones? - Similar Threads - Reset does really

2. Existing Desktop Replaced with new one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Existing Desktop Replaced with new one: after a reboot, my laptop opened to a Desktop missing all my normal Icons about a dozen and now only contains a Recycle Bin. I have looked in the Recycle to see if a Desktop had been put there - no luck.I have gone to File Expl and found the executables for a couple of the...
  3. Existing Desktop Replaced with new one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Existing Desktop Replaced with new one: after a reboot, my laptop opened to a Desktop missing all my normal Icons about a dozen and now only contains a Recycle Bin. I have looked in the Recycle to see if a Desktop had been put there - no luck.I have gone to File Expl and found the executables for a couple of the...
  4. Existing Desktop Replaced with new one

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Replace broken laptop with new one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replace broken laptop with new one: My Surface Pro 4 out of warranty took a header on concrete and is rapidly failing. I have a new Surface Book 3 arriving today. All I am looking for are instructions on the best way to replicate my current, up-to-date Windows 10 environment data, apps, etc. onto the new box....
  6. Replace old laptop with a new one

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Replace old laptop with a new one: I have bought a new laptop with windows 10 home on it my old laptop there was windows 10 pro installed. How can I get this version on my new laptop, I have the old hard drive were windows pro on is installed....
  7. Does Libre Office really replace MS Office using Windows 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Does Libre Office really replace MS Office using Windows 10: I am buying a new laptop with Windows 10 and have been using MS Office 2013 however my new computer does not have Office. Will Libre Office work as a replacement for Office. Will it be able to read files docx ? I am in a quandary whether to purchase MS office Home or not at...
  8. Replacing the old Laptop with a new one having Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Replacing the old Laptop with a new one having Windows 10: Presently, I am in a possession of Fujitsu Lifebook T4310 Tablet PC, which I purchased in 2010. Microsoft has notified that they will discontinue with Windows 7 from January 2020. So I have been told to upgrade to a new Laptop which has windows 10. I would like to upgrade...
  9. REPLACING EXISTING MOUSE WITH NEW ONE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    REPLACING EXISTING MOUSE WITH NEW ONE: My original 7 year old wireless HID mouse is annoyingly misbehaving although it still works so I have just bought a replacement wireless HID one by the same manufacturer but different model number. The mouse and keyboard are linked to my Windows system pc. I am using my old...
  10. How to replace system file?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to replace system file?: I have a major problem on my desktop Win 10 Pro X64 computer. I won't go into all the detail since I'm still problem solving on my own. However, I do need help with one issue so I can continue problem solving. Part of the problem is that my mouse is not working and it...