Windows 10: Windows 10 Reset Failure + No CD

Discus and support Windows 10 Reset Failure + No CD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop has slowed down to almost nothing and I'm trying to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10. the automatic reset keeps failing, so I think I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MafiaKirby, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Reset Failure + No CD

My laptop has slowed down to almost nothing and I'm trying to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10. the automatic reset keeps failing, so I think I need to download a new installation of Windows 10 to use. However, I don't have a CD drive and all the advice I see suggests bruning it to a CD. What should I do?

:)

MafiaKirby, Feb 23, 2019

2. Windows 10 reset failures. Computer won't boot now and getting frustrated.

Hi Alfred,

To help you with your concern regarding the reset failure, let me suggest you to do a startup repair. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key
    • Hold Shift key then click Restart
    • You'll be prompted to the Advance Startup Options
    • Select Troubleshoot
    • Advanced options
    • Startup repair

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Reset Failure + No CD

Unable to perform reset on the device from CD as it fails on Windows 10

Hi Abdelrahman,

Thank you posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the Windows 10 operating system. Do not worry, we will be happy to help you.

Let us know the additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• From when are you facing this issue?
    • How have you installed Windows 10?
    • What is the complete error message when you try to perform Reset
      on your computer/ re-install the apps?
    • Were you able to access any other CD normally on your computer?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to
    Run check disk (chkdsk) and check if it helps.

Chkdsk: The
    Chkdsk (Check Disc) scan will try to identify and repair bad sectors found on the hard drive. Any data present on these sectors might be lost in the process. The computer can also go into a no boot state. Proceed at your own risk.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

chkdsk /f
    • You may be asked whether to schedule this volume to be checked next time when you restarts (Y/N).
    • Press Y key on the keyboard and press
      Enter key.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Once you perform check disk, I suggest you manually try to reset the PC with in the Windows and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to perform a Reset on your computer and check if it helps.

Note: While performing reset on your PC, I suggest you to choose "Keep my files" as this will not affect the data on your computer.

Follow the below:

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard, type
      Control and press Enter.

• Click on Recovery, click on
      If you're having problems with your PC, go to Settings and try resetting it.

• Click on Get started
      under Reset this PC, click on Keep my files and follow onscreen instructions.

Refer: Recovery options in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and with the required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Reset Failure + No CD

1. Windows 10 Reset Failure + No CD - Similar Threads - Reset Failure

2. Windows 10 USB device not recognised/USB port reset failure spam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 USB device not recognised/USB port reset failure spam: Whilst working i suddenly got the usb reconnect and disconnect spam from out of nowhere and i tried looking up answers and even tried restarting my computer but to no avail....
  3. Windows 10 USB device not recognised/USB port reset failure spam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 USB device not recognised/USB port reset failure spam: Whilst working i suddenly got the usb reconnect and disconnect spam from out of nowhere and i tried looking up answers and even tried restarting my computer but to no avail....
  4. Windows 10 USB device not recognised/USB port reset failure spam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Factory Reset failure.

Factory Reset failure.: When i try to factory reset my pc it shows: dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error.I dont now what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-reset-failure/04beaa76-d2b8-4221-aa86-3e09a127bbaa
  6. Factory Reset failure.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory Reset failure.: When i try to factory reset my pc it shows: dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error.I dont now what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-reset-failure/04beaa76-d2b8-4221-aa86-3e09a127bbaa
  7. Reset failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset failure: I’ve just done a reset on my Laptop but the battery died when it got to about 55% and now I’ve plugged it back in it just switches on starts loading and then completely switches off again and it’s been doing this continuously now for a while how do I fit it please?...
  8. Reset failure

Reset failure: I’ve just done a reset on my Laptop but the battery died when it got to about 55% and now I’ve plugged it back in it just switches on starts loading and then completely switches off again and it’s been doing this continuously now for a while how do I fit it please?...
  9. Reset failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Blue screen: driver power state failure after reseting network connection.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue screen: driver power state failure after reseting network connection.: Hello, I’ve run into the blue screen with the message: driver power state failure. This happened after I tried to restart my pc after reseting my network connection I didn’t and still don’t have access to the internet. After the blue screen pops up, I can use my pc normally,...