Windows 10: Windows 10 reset has removed all disk space.. Please HELP!

Discus and support Windows 10 reset has removed all disk space.. Please HELP! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good Morning Everybody, My friend purchased a laptop via facebook marketplace and wanted to reset it to factory settings as it is for their son. They... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BenjMol, Feb 23, 2020.

1. BenjMol Win User

Windows 10 reset has removed all disk space.. Please HELP!

Good Morning Everybody,

My friend purchased a laptop via facebook marketplace and wanted to reset it to factory settings as it is for their son. They couldn't do it as under the 'Reset this PC' section it stops and says it needs an extra 3.4gb freeing up to do the reset.

I have had a look and the main HDD is saying there is only 27gb of space in total.
    The HDD Model on Google says it should have 750GB storage.

Can anybody advise what to do? I made a bootable ISO of windows 10 to see if the partition section on there would show where the lost space was but it doesn't...

I googled the issue and ended up installing an app called EaseUS Data Recovery which did some sort of deep drive scan and shown the result to have 200gb of files, but of course they want money to repair the drive, there must be something I can do...

I am at a loss.

I am also curious as to whether I would be able to do a fresh install and not need a windows 10 product key?

I have also done the chkdsk and it came back OK

Thank you for your time.

Ben

Windows 10 reset has removed all disk space.. Please HELP! a143f7b4-c39f-4e2e-902c-7f29fe6a97fd?upload=true.png

Windows 10 reset has removed all disk space.. Please HELP! 3f555d68-afc1-4595-8191-25a21e7afce0?upload=true.png

:)

BenjMol, Feb 23, 2020
  2. keakar Win User

help missing disk space

ok guys thanks, I guess its my internet then and not the link, internets been buggy all weekend going in and out.

it was windows recommended to be 12gb but I had it set to 8gb virtual memory set for all drives so I reset it to 2gb like you suggested but im missing 150gb so a handful of gb here and there isn't solving this thing but I do appreciate the help and it is doing good to fix these settings

I think this was it.

it was default set to use up to 50% of disk space so that was it. I reset it to only use 5% and now I have 465gb with 316 gb free which is more like it.

keakar, Feb 23, 2020
  3. cheesy999 Win User
    help missing disk space

It's system restore points and indexing information

cheesy999, Feb 23, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

95Viper, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 reset has removed all disk space.. Please HELP! - Similar Threads - reset has removed

2. Storage Spaces won't use all disk space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Spaces won't use all disk space: I have allocated 5 drives 3x 4TB HDD, 2x 8TB HDD to my storage space and created a simple pool on it. No redundancy While total disk space is 25.4 TB 3.63*3 + 7.27*2 and I've allocated all of it to my pool my programs fails to write anything more to the pool.It says no space...
  3. Clearing space please help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clearing space please help: I recently got a job that requires 100 gb on our computers my laptop says i have 118 gb but i can only free up 90.4. Is that a big difference in 90 and 100 gb? How can i get 100 cleared? I have literally taken EVERYTHING and i do mean everything off my computer...
  4. factory reset, not enough disk space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    factory reset, not enough disk space: i was gonna factory reset my laptop but it says i don’t have enough disk space. i’ve forgotten the password to my admin account and don’t have any local accounts so i can’t clear up some space that way. is there a way to clear up space without having to log in or force it to...
  5. Disk Space Status following Windows 10 Reset

Disk Space Status following Windows 10 Reset: I am resetting an old PC that I plan to donate, sell or give away. I am using the Windows 10 "Reset this PC" feature with the options "remove apps and files", "clean the drive" and "download and reinstall Windows" (cloud download). Will this procedure adequately erase all...
  6. Windows 10: "Not Enough Disk Space" - Need Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10: "Not Enough Disk Space" - Need Help!: So I am at my ends wit and have absolutely no idea what is going on with my PC. I have Windows 10, and use it for my daily computer (web browsing, occasional photoshop, youtube). But I literally don't really have anything on my computer...But for the past 4 months, it's...
  7. Newest Update has removed antivirus please help..?

Newest Update has removed antivirus please help..?: The newest update has removed my kaspersky internet security and each time i download and reinstall it the pc restarts to finish setup and the app is not installed. in the bottom right icons when i press the arrow i have no tile showing windows security and in settings the...
  8. Please help i erase all disk partitions!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help i erase all disk partitions!!!: Please help i was trying to install w10 on a laptop but the HDd didnt let me. So i decided to use Diskpart to erase the gpt format on the especific partition but instead i erase all the partitions on the disk!!!. Is there any way to Fix it.??? I need to recover all the data...
  9. Missing disk space after resetting windows 10

Missing disk space after resetting windows 10: Hi all, I had 3 main partitioned drives before full resetting windows 10 (factory reset). After that, I have just C: now and its capacity is 170GB although my hard is 1 TB. I cannot shrink it more than 80GB!!!! Where did all that space go???????!!!!!! There is no...
  10. Help please: is it possible to remove windows 10

Help please: is it possible to remove windows 10: Is it possible to remove a new computers windows 10 operating system..how can it be done and what do I need TIA 67890