Windows 10: Windows 10 Reset Issue

Discus and support Windows 10 Reset Issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had an issue with Windows, where the computer would boot to the desktop, but no icons would display and the system was effectively non-responsive. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dewjwlj, Jan 24, 2019.

1. dewjwlj Win User

Windows 10 Reset Issue

I had an issue with Windows, where the computer would boot to the desktop, but no icons would display and the system was effectively non-responsive. I reset the machine to factory settings, and since then, things are different but not improved. The computer will boot to an "Administrator" account, and the machine crawls. I can't open the start menu, and seem to be locked out of all applications. I can't even open PC settings to set up another account. All I have access to is explorer and the task manager. Resetting the computer again doesn't change anything. I've tried running the startup troubleshooter, and it doesn't yield any useful results. I'm rather at my wits' end with this, and I would appreciate any guidance that could be offered. Thank you.

:)

dewjwlj, Jan 24, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 11, 2019
  3. EntropyZ Win User
    Windows 10 issues!

I had a similar issue but it only happen on older hardware, Windows would install the stock drivers which would make it nearly impossible to access the internet. Luckily I had newest Intel and Realtek NIC drivers that ran perfectly on Win 10 x64 1607 version, installing those fixed my that problem.

This also can happen on a non-fresh install of WIn 10, when you try to boot from a different computer/motherboard, after a single failed boot, Windows will try to re-detect and re-install all of the drivers, which definitely won't be the most stable or newest.

I tried everything, flushing cache, resetting router, uninstalling the device completely from the list, removing the LAN connection entirely, none of those helped.

EntropyZ, Oct 11, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Reset Issue

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Reset Issue

1. Windows 10 Reset Issue - Similar Threads - Reset Issue

2. Reset Issue!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Issue!: Hi I'm trying to do a factory reset on my Dell Computer because it has been slowing down massively lately even tho all my storage is practically clear! It is now stuck on this loop, how do I resolve this? If I click ok it tries to restart then this box appears again. I'm...
  3. Reset Issue!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Issue!: Hi I'm trying to do a factory reset on my Dell Computer because it has been slowing down massively lately even tho all my storage is practically clear! It is now stuck on this loop, how do I resolve this? If I click ok it tries to restart then this box appears again. I'm...
  4. Win11 reset issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 reset issue: So i just migrated from win10 to win11 by using an official .iso which i executed through the explorer. Then i noticed that i couldnt activate core isolation due to left-overs from old Razer drivers. I couldnt manage to trace the driver down through the device-manager or...
  5. Win11 reset issue

Win11 reset issue: So i just migrated from win10 to win11 by using an official .iso which i executed through the explorer. Then i noticed that i couldnt activate core isolation due to left-overs from old Razer drivers. I couldnt manage to trace the driver down through the device-manager or...
  6. Reset Windows 11 Pro to fix Edge, now windows security issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Windows 11 Pro to fix Edge, now windows security issue.: Hello,Need your expertise, before I delete all partitions and reinstall windows 11 Pro from scratch.so.I read all the posts in regards to app/edge browser/ 3 dots both options to modify and the other one greyed out.No fix worked, registry fix, and the other one. So just went...
  7. Reset Windows 11 Pro to fix Edge, now windows security issue.

Reset Windows 11 Pro to fix Edge, now windows security issue.: Hello,Need your expertise, before I delete all partitions and reinstall windows 11 Pro from scratch.so.I read all the posts in regards to app/edge browser/ 3 dots both options to modify and the other one greyed out.No fix worked, registry fix, and the other one. So just went...
  8. I reseted my computer and having issues logging in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reseted my computer and having issues logging in.: When I try logging back in I get "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded." I tried everything in the advanced recovery. I reset it completely, system restore, startup settings and startup repair but didn't work....
  9. I reseted my computer and having issues logging in.

I reseted my computer and having issues logging in.: When I try logging back in I get "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded." I tried everything in the advanced recovery. I reset it completely, system restore, startup settings and startup repair but didn't work....
  10. I reseted my computer and having issues logging in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging