Windows 10: Windows 10 Reset Keeping personal files Feature

Discus and support Windows 10 Reset Keeping personal files Feature in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently resetted my laptop due to update problem. I selected to keep personal files but after the laptop opened, there was no single file there. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Madhav Kumar Sahi, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Reset Keeping personal files Feature

I recently resetted my laptop due to update problem. I selected to keep personal files but after the laptop opened, there was no single file there. The files were very important. Please help....

:)

Madhav Kumar Sahi, Jun 8, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 8, 2021
  3. Fred Raaf Win User
    Windows 10 Reset - What is the definition of "personal file" and will reset keep key?

Q:Windows 10 Reset - What is the definition of "personal file" and will reset keep key?

**There's a bug??? The platform won't let me choose the category "Update or Recovery"

My PC isn't running well. Lag spikes every few seconds in my browser, can't uninstall several installation because of file corruptions, etc. Therefore, I would like to use the Windows 10 built in "refresh" reset function.

But I have several questions even though I've searched on Google:

1. What is the definition of "personal file"? Does it means everything except program file and windows file? Because I do programming and I do keep my things in many places including the root of the Windows installation drive.

2. Will the reset remember my key? Will I have to re-enter the key?

3. Is "reset" in Windows 10 the same as "refresh" in Windows 8? Will it generate a list of programs I have uninstalled because of the re-installation?

4. Is there anything else that I should be aware of?

Fred Raaf, Jun 8, 2021
  4. JimWynne Win User

Windows 10 Reset Keeping personal files Feature

Windows 10 Reset - What is the definition of "personal file" and will reset keep key?

JimWynne, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Reset Keeping personal files Feature

1. Windows 10 Reset Keeping personal files Feature - Similar Threads - Reset Keeping personal

2. Keep Personal Files on Resetting Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep Personal Files on Resetting Windows: Hi, My laptop recently crashed every time I play games. Turns out there's a corrupted window file and I decided to reset my Windows. Since I'm a student I want to save absolute everything from my C: driveMy questions are:-1. Do I need to backup or copy my files to another...
  3. Keep Personal Files on Resetting Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep Personal Files on Resetting Windows: Hi, My laptop recently crashed every time I play games. Turns out there's a corrupted window file and I decided to reset my Windows. Since I'm a student I want to save absolute everything from my C: driveMy questions are:-1. Do I need to backup or copy my files to another...
  4. Keep Personal Files on Resetting Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Will Resetting Windows 10 while keeping personal reset the Registry?

Will Resetting Windows 10 while keeping personal reset the Registry?: I just want to know that if you reset windows 10 while keeping personal files, will it also clear and remake the registry or the registry will be the same?...
  6. How to reset the system and keep my personal files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reset the system and keep my personal files?: how will i reset my system and keep my files including pictures ,video, games,documents,softwere,programs or saved files etc submitted by /u/bigbellu [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m5kp1z/how_to_reset_the_system_and_keep_my_personal_files/
  7. Reset Windows 10 Without Losing Personal Files

Reset Windows 10 Without Losing Personal Files: Hello, Recently, I have some problems with Windows 10. For example: 1. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/162956/visual-studio-2019-can39t-run-ucrtbaseddll.html?childToView=162868#answer-162868 2....
  8. Will Resetting Windows (keeping “personal files”) Delete Game Data?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will Resetting Windows (keeping “personal files”) Delete Game Data?: It says that apps will be uninstalled, including my games. Will the data files for the games be deleted too? Or will I be able to reinstall the game and keep my data? I want to back it up to another drive but I can’t transfer 500gb in less than a couple hours with this POS...
  9. Reset but keep all personal files - all files lost.

Reset but keep all personal files - all files lost.: I was having trouble with being signed in to a temporary account so in the windows boot recovery I chose to reset my PC keeping all my personal files. 20 mins later however, I return to find my pc reset - and none of my files are there. Literally the only stuff left was a few...
  10. Windows 10 Personalization Reset?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Personalization Reset?: So one day I logged on, and the background was black, and there was an Edge (I think) window open with plain black Times New Roman text on a white background that said something about product licence activation failure. I didn't see clearly as i immediately closed it without...