Windows 10: Windows 10 Reset Password?

Discus and support Windows 10 Reset Password? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer has started playing silly games so I have decided that I will reload Windows 10. To do this, I will take the option of retaining my files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vergelegen, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Reset Password?

My computer has started playing silly games so I have decided that I will reload Windows 10. To do this, I will take the option of retaining my files and reloading the rest. Things went well for a while and then I got a box with my name in it and a request for a password. Now everything stops because I have no idea what password is required and there is no help in reminding me of it. I only have one Microsoft password and this is used with my OneDrive account. That is not the one required for Windows 10! So can anyone tell me how I can find this illusive password, or are there any workrounds to get this Windows 10 reloaded? I would really appreciate some advice.
    Tia
    Bob

:)

Vergelegen, Feb 15, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Reset Password?

reset laptop password

BTW, there's no jumper for a password reset in Windows.

DonInKansas, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Reset Password?

1. Windows 10 Reset Password? - Similar Threads - Reset Password

2. cannot reset password, i get "theres a temporary problem with the service"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot reset password, i get "theres a temporary problem with the service": This has been an asked question here before, but i cannot for the life of me find a fix. I have tried different devices, browsers, cleared cookies, cache, upgraded to windows 11, etc etc etc. no matter what i do, i cannot change or reset my Microsoft account password for my...
  3. cannot reset password, i get "theres a temporary problem with the service"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot reset password, i get "theres a temporary problem with the service": This has been an asked question here before, but i cannot for the life of me find a fix. I have tried different devices, browsers, cleared cookies, cache, upgraded to windows 11, etc etc etc. no matter what i do, i cannot change or reset my Microsoft account password for my...
  4. Reset forgotten Windows password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset forgotten Windows password: Trying to reset a W11 password, which requires remembering the old one. I've using NIPs and an autologin for a long time. Knowing and changing my Microsoft account passwords does nothing. If I go to the login screen the option to resets points to a random drive with no info...
  5. Reset forgotten Windows password

Reset forgotten Windows password: Trying to reset a W11 password, which requires remembering the old one. I've using NIPs and an autologin for a long time. Knowing and changing my Microsoft account passwords does nothing. If I go to the login screen the option to resets points to a random drive with no info...
  6. Windows 10 Hello Knows Pin, Forgot Password, Cannot reset either

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Hello Knows Pin, Forgot Password, Cannot reset either: I have a Window 10 computer that I am trying to log into. I have not logged into it since last year but someone else did and when I came back, I simply could not get in.There is only one account on the desktop.I know the pin. However, when I go to enter the pin, it says...
  7. Windows 10 Hello Knows Pin, Forgot Password, Cannot reset either

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Hello Knows Pin, Forgot Password, Cannot reset either: I have a Window 10 computer that I am trying to log into. I have not logged into it since last year but someone else did and when I came back, I simply could not get in.There is only one account on the desktop.I know the pin. However, when I go to enter the pin, it says...
  8. Windows 10 Hello Knows Pin, Forgot Password, Cannot reset either

9. Connecting old laptop to wifi, to be able to reset password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting old laptop to wifi, to be able to reset password: Opened up an old laptop I haven't used in a couple of years. I've forgotten the password. I'm trying to use the "forgot password" option, but the laptop needs to be online. I've opened up the networks icon at the bottom right, but neither my home wifi nor my phone hotspot...
  10. Connecting old laptop to wifi, to be able to reset password

Connecting old laptop to wifi, to be able to reset password: Opened up an old laptop I haven't used in a couple of years. I've forgotten the password. I'm trying to use the "forgot password" option, but the laptop needs to be online. I've opened up the networks icon at the bottom right, but neither my home wifi nor my phone hotspot...