Windows 10: Windows 10 Reset PC Delete all files

Discus and support Windows 10 Reset PC Delete all files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I just wanted to know if its normal for a pc to take over 12 hours to reset. I chose the option to delete all files but not the option to make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by carlos21598, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Reset PC Delete all files

Hello I just wanted to know if its normal for a pc to take over 12 hours to reset. I chose the option to delete all files but not the option to make sure that everything is completely wiped for security reasons. Started it at noon and now its 12 am. I have 3 TB of storage but only about 70% is full.

:)

carlos21598, Jan 10, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 10, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jan 10, 2020
  4. CK011885 Win User

Windows 10 Reset PC Delete all files

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Reset PC Delete all files

1. Windows 10 Reset PC Delete all files - Similar Threads - Reset Delete files

2. Reset pc deleting all files and connection issur

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset pc deleting all files and connection issur: when I reset my pc completely reset delete files and everything it tells me I need to update and connect to the WiFi and if I press skip this step it restarts my pc but does absolutely nothing and sends me back to the screen and when I try to connect to my network it says we...
  3. Reset pc deleting all files and connection issur

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset pc deleting all files and connection issur: when I reset my pc completely reset delete files and everything it tells me I need to update and connect to the WiFi and if I press skip this step it restarts my pc but does absolutely nothing and sends me back to the screen and when I try to connect to my network it says we...
  4. Reset pc deleting all files and connection issur

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. windows 10 pc hacked - info needed to reset and delete all files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 pc hacked - info needed to reset and delete all files: So my niece recently got her first pc and like a typical tween I suppose, the first thing she freaking did with it was try pirate games/tv and God knows what else... anyway she noticed something was wrong when some files she didn't create appeared on her desktop. We had a...
  6. windows 10 pc hacked - info needed to reset and delete all files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 pc hacked - info needed to reset and delete all files: So my niece recently got her first pc and like a typical tween I suppose, the first thing she freaking did with it was try pirate games/tv and God knows what else... anyway she noticed something was wrong when some files she didn't create appeared on her desktop. We had a...
  7. windows 10 pc hacked - info needed to reset and delete all files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. PC deleted all files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC deleted all files: So the other day I updated my computer to windows. A few hours later I go onto my computer. Log on. And find out all my stuff is gone. My wallpaper is the default one. All of my videos. Music. Documents. Etc are all missing. I later find them again. Instead of being under,...
  9. “Reset PC without deleting files” but still deleted files.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    “Reset PC without deleting files” but still deleted files.: I recently reset my PC without deleting files to resolve an issue i have been having with my keyboard. It not only did not resolve my issues, but it did not save my files either. Any possible ways to recover them? I have tried a few things but figured I would go here next....
  10. windows 10 deleted all files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 deleted all files: Have a brand new HP all in one, came with windows 10. After an update all files were wiped from computer. Restored all files from Carbonite but Microsoft Office required a reboot to access programs. Reboot again wiped all files from computer. After two years of this type...