Windows 10: Windows 10 reset performed but now boot and app problems

Discus and support Windows 10 reset performed but now boot and app problems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop came with Win10, and after finding it taking longer and longer to boot, I reset the OS. Now, after I enter my Win password, the screen goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BWPhoto_2000, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Windows 10 reset performed but now boot and app problems

My laptop came with Win10, and after finding it taking longer and longer to boot, I reset the OS. Now, after I enter my Win password, the screen goes black for several minutes before displaying the desktop. Then, when I try to open an app such as Defender, I see Windows Defender Antivirus Service running in Task Manager at about 40%-50% CPU without actually opening the Defender window, and there's the blue rotating circle next to the mouse pointer.

I think my next step is to try to reset the OS again. Any thoughts? Thanks.

:)

BWPhoto_2000, Apr 13, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Windows 10 - Performance

Hi Larry,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the Methods below.

Method1:

Please follow the steps to run System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer:

• Type “Control Panel” on the search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.
    • Click on System Maintenance option.
    • Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.

Method 2: Perform Clean boot.

How to troubleshoot problem by performing clean boot in Windows:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot “to reset computer as
    usual.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks.

Pavan_N, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Unable to perform reset on the device from CD as it fails on Windows 10

Hi Abdelrahman,

Thank you posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the Windows 10 operating system. Do not worry, we will be happy to help you.

Let us know the additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• From when are you facing this issue?
    • How have you installed Windows 10?
    • What is the complete error message when you try to perform Reset
      on your computer/ re-install the apps?
    • Were you able to access any other CD normally on your computer?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to
    Run check disk (chkdsk) and check if it helps.

Chkdsk: The
    Chkdsk (Check Disc) scan will try to identify and repair bad sectors found on the hard drive. Any data present on these sectors might be lost in the process. The computer can also go into a no boot state. Proceed at your own risk.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

chkdsk /f
    • You may be asked whether to schedule this volume to be checked next time when you restarts (Y/N).
    • Press Y key on the keyboard and press
      Enter key.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Once you perform check disk, I suggest you manually try to reset the PC with in the Windows and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to perform a Reset on your computer and check if it helps.

Note: While performing reset on your PC, I suggest you to choose "Keep my files" as this will not affect the data on your computer.

Follow the below:

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard, type
      Control and press Enter.

• Click on Recovery, click on
      If you're having problems with your PC, go to Settings and try resetting it.

• Click on Get started
      under Reset this PC, click on Keep my files and follow onscreen instructions.

Refer: Recovery options in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and with the required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 reset performed but now boot and app problems

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 reset performed but now boot and app problems

1. Windows 10 reset performed but now boot and app problems - Similar Threads - reset performed boot

2. Problems booting Windows 10 after reset froze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems booting Windows 10 after reset froze: Two months ago started having problems starting Windows 10 on my laptop. When it finally loaded it occasionally showed lines across the screen before completely freezing. When I did the Repair Start Up I got the' Unable to repair PC'. So I did an administrator command...
  3. Problems booting Windows 10 after reset froze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems booting Windows 10 after reset froze: Two months ago started having problems starting Windows 10 on my laptop. When it finally loaded it occasionally showed lines across the screen before completely freezing. When I did the Repair Start Up I got the' Unable to repair PC'. So I did an administrator command...
  4. Problems booting Windows 10 after reset froze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows 10 slow boot problem and performance problems

windows 10 slow boot problem and performance problems: hi I am using dell inspiron 5520 laptop 4gb ram 500 gb hd intel core i5and 3-4 month before I installing windows 10 home in my pc but it does not performed well I did all methods for well performance and increasing boot problem1.I am disabled all unwanted started apps, visual...
  6. Windows Reset now Apps are missing.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Reset now Apps are missing.: Hi there,I have been having a lot of trouble with windows the last couple of weeks.To begin with, I could not download apps from the Microsoft Store, I would always get an error upon installation.Following this, I tried all the recommendations including WRreset, cmd and...
  7. perform new Windows reset after previous reset created problems?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    perform new Windows reset after previous reset created problems?: Is this possible to do? My computer has gone completely haywire since a reset of the system of 1/31/2020...can I do a new reset to try to fix it before I attempt a Clean Install? In the condition it is now in I'm having difficulty trying the suggestions I receive from the...
  8. Windows 10 performance problems

Windows 10 performance problems: I switched to Windows 10 3-4 months ago when I used Windows 7 I never really had any issues. I enjoy the features Windows 10 has to offer and that's really the only reason I haven't switch back to Windows 7. But ever since I switched to it I've had my files continuously get...
  9. Computer will not boot after performing a factory reset.

Computer will not boot after performing a factory reset.: Hello: Just recently I performed a factory reset to a family member's computer. After it shut down to boot back once on the computer would give message more or less like: "Your computer shut down unexpectedly, press ok to restart your computer". -pressed ok- the story...
  10. Windows 10 Reset had a problem, now stuck in a continuous boot loop?

Windows 10 Reset had a problem, now stuck in a continuous boot loop?: Earlier this afternoon I decided to reset Windows 10 as I had a problem with BSOD BAD_POOL_CALLING over and over again. I booted in Safe Mode, went to Advanced Options and so on. It wasn't a factory-new reset, just the one that removes all files, app data, etc. I left it for...